Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

Comments

• Kabakuchi
    72 posts Park Captain
    how do i fix my fifa gameplay every game i play has a delay i pass or do any action my guy do it 1 second later is there any way to fix it i try all of dmz, nat 1, portforwarding, change router please help if you can

I have this since fifa 13....so man it will NEVER go away......or you learn to play with this game play or stop playing the game....
    There is no other option!
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    or they put it on a dedicated server and solve many peoples issues........
  • K_DeBruyne
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    :o
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    yeah it would be a complete shock if they did the right thing......
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Maybe in fifa 20...not now. EA don't say nothing
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    We wait patiently.... :|
  • Vitto7
    me not xD
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    had some games today and they were mixed to say the least.

had one game away which my players were more fluid but still not quite as fluid as my opponent....its like the gap decreased though.

all my games are at home and the ones i normally do get away tend to either be bad connections (but nearly equal) or good connections.

as it stands im not buying 17.

i am very impressed with the pes demo.
    even if online sucks im gonna be happy playign that offline.
    dunno if their version of clubs is on the server...but still willing to give pro clubs up.

ea need to stick all games on servers or this problem is just going to get worse as time goes by.
    they need to understand how the net is changing and the traffic levels are increasing due to many streaming services around.

played uncharted and it also is worse than previous....
  • Kabakuchi
    72 posts Park Captain

had one game away which my players were more fluid but still not quite as fluid as my opponent....its like the gap decreased though.

all my games are at home and the ones i normally do get away tend to either be bad connections (but nearly equal) or good connections.

dunno if their version of clubs is on the server...but still willing to give pro clubs up.

ea need to stick all games on servers or this problem is just going to get worse as time goes by.
    they need to understand how the net is changing and the traffic levels are increasing due to many streaming services around.

PES does the same as fifa...same isseus....i played both...only in PES is the delay longer....
    And if you play fifa man....PES is like kids game....
  • leon1309
    4202 posts National Call-Up
    Really? PES 16 looks like a lot more gameplay involved game to me so far, but I am only a few hours in ...and one more thing almost no input lag...go figure?
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Well.... Being honest not been on FIFA to much lately, the appeal is being lost as per this thread title. This is down to EA to do something and react!

Been on today and gameplay is somewhat poor, the obvious delay/sync issues are ever present as normal. Getting the glitchy, pausing/freezing again now where gameplay is broken and stop starting all the time. Unable to get any rhythm going at all, this has made the game un-enjoyable to play and to be honest boring now.

Turned the PS4 off. Terrible, and a sad state of affairs EA :/ .
  • Vitto7
    yes... i think to sell xbox one for this reason, i only play fifa, and with this input delay is impossibile....
  • Kabakuchi
    72 posts Park Captain
    I played around 4 oclock in the morning....really bad.....players ice skating....first was bad like hell.....every pass i did went really hard....it took almost 2 sec before the players can turn direction......and everytime there is an opponent next to me player becomes slower.......if i have the ball or not....he just becomes alower!!!
    CRAP
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Kabakuchi wrote: »

PES does the same as fifa...same isseus....i played both...only in PES is the delay longer....
    And if you play fifa man....PES is like kids game....

offline though pes is way better..

also pes a kids game?
    if anything the dribbling makes fifa a kids game.
    its so unrealistic especially online how a plaercan keep the ball so long beat so many players etc...arcadey ****.

pes is more pass based in this demo.
    im enjoying it a lot more than fifa.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    noticed another oddity yesterday.
    turned upnp off and started to get more away games.

those away games are faster compared to the speed of home games.....

how can this be ea?
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    EA for some reason are not acknowledging or reply or communicating anything at all on these problems. The problems are there and obvious, they need to react. Unfortunately not everyone has these issues, I say this because if they did, for sure EA would lose customers and quickly, which means the empire of income would reduce drastically, then forcing them to change things. However it's not and the money keeps rolling in. EA carry on.

I'm hoping the new frostbite game engine has a massive effect on the whole game and changes things drastically, hopefully these changes will effect the online gameplay too and the background behind it's development.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    Recently I've been swapping between 2 accounts with identical teams in identical formations with the same settings and tactics... My main account has awful input lag... Rarely does L2/R2 dribbling work or shielding the ball and slide tackling hardly ever registers or my player slide tackles after the opponent is way past me... I'm struggling in divs 5 and 6 because of the lag...

On my second account it feels wonderful.. Everything works as it should.. Close dribbling is amazing!.. I never even knew how good it was until 2 weeks ago!.. My players pass and shoot the first time I hit the button and my players make runs like I've never seen this year...
    I'm holding div 2 on my second account!

Now the opponents Im facing in Div 5 are also better than the ones I'm facing in Div 2 but that's explained by my ELO ratings but why one account would suffer lag when another doesn't, on the same console when I've tested it by switching from one to the other to play 4 or 5 matches on each in a couple of hours... This makes no sense!

It's as if my main account is somehow corrupt!
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Good point @Baznotsobad76 .

I had this a few years back. I tried a new account, the gameplay on the new account was great, it was brilliant. For me though after several weeks the new account started to suffer in the same way as my original account.

Only EA can explain this one.

It's a good point though and proves a clear difference between accounts. Be nice for EA to let us know why?
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    It's not an entirely new account.. I started it ages ago to practice new formations and stuff... It's played around 150 games now.... But I'm rotating 2 cheap Serie A teams worth a combined total of about 50k and I've managed to do better than I've ever done on any Fifa on my other account... And it's certainly mainly due to the difference in lag....
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2016
    Recently I've been swapping between 2 accounts with identical teams in identical formations with the same settings and tactics... My main account has awful input lag... Rarely does L2/R2 dribbling work or shielding the ball and slide tackling hardly ever registers or my player slide tackles after the opponent is way past me... I'm struggling in divs 5 and 6 because of the lag...

On my second account it feels wonderful.. Everything works as it should.. Close dribbling is amazing!.. I never even knew how good it was until 2 weeks ago!.. My players pass and shoot the first time I hit the button and my players make runs like I've never seen this year...

Now the opponents Im facing in Div 5 are also better than the ones I'm facing in Div 2 but that's explained by my ELO ratings but why one account would suffer lag when another doesn't, on the same console when I've tested it by switching from one to the other to play 4 or 5 matches on each in a couple of hours... This makes no sense!

The FUT clubs will be on different EA servers, that's my guess, there's so many clubs worldwide that I doubt all that data is stored in one place. Also in 15 (the last fifa I've played) I had no end of issues with the market with one account for a while, all whilst my main account had no issues at all (except when it was broke for everyone) so there's definitely something like that going on here I'm sure.

• Vitto7
    Now i called my IPS: he notice, on my line, some interferences. Now he open the practice and soon come here a technical operator for fix my line.... i hope is this the problem
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    i had another right moan at movistar yesterday....now not surprisingly uncharted and fifa are a dream to pay today.
    players running fast like they should...turning well...passing slickly.

ping and jitter spikes are lower.
    earlier no icmp packet loss and download and upload consistency quite good.

might play some later lets hope it holds up.....
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    also played battlefield the other day when the p2p games were playing like muck....that played really well.

also played some pro clubs which was fine.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional

i have had the differences between accounts whilst playing one after the other.

think my main account is sorted now but way back im certain there was an issue....not sure whether ea flagged it when i phoned them up last year....its sorted now though...both accounts play the same.

what they told me was the ip data is stored in the profile ...which could possibly get corrupted.

i do turn off my console properly ie.hold the stop button till i hear the second beep.
    i also rebild indexes every few days.
    this should wipe out the cache which may hold conflicting info on the console ...maybe the profile doesnt update properly????
    wish ea would be transparent in how everything works so that people who like to problem solve can spot potential issues to them.
    dont think thats the real issue though....thats just one issue which possibly can affect you.
  • leon1309
    4202 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2016
    Well seems fifa is playing a lot better for quite a lot of people right now (maybe servers less loaded or something else?).
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    no...back to normal last night.
    did have icmp packet loss on 3 of movistars nodes..........

posted ont heir forum so lets see what they post back.

usually they are very defensive and blame overall internet infrastructure.
    they dont throttle p2p so it cant be them!!!!
    lol

i know there are other factors which they dont acknowledge.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    For me its not changed, and if anything its playing worse.
    Last night I tried but couldn't even connect to the EA server..... Tried several times but couldn't get connected, so switched it off!
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    think thats down to ea getting dossed .

battlefield 1 beta is a mess atm because of it.

on my main profile defo have an issue with data not being synced.
    it keep reverting back to my original team before the last update.......

my second profile is fine. on that score but still gte problems occasionally with how it feels online playing the game.

movistar do nothing except defend themselves rather than trying to solve the issues.

problem is ive got no options re other isps so im stuck with them unless i move.

all other isps round here are just reseller packages and dont even have their own setup in the local exchange!!!!!!!!!
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Movistar still are taking the approach that its not their fault and keep posting links to glasnost *which checks to see if p2p is throttled) even when i mention packet inspection...lol

They are just defending constantly and not providing any help.

So its gonna be a case of talking each day on the forum or they simply lock the threads.

Anyways was looking into nat and stumbled across this.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation#Methods_of_translation

NAT and TCP/UDP[edit]
    "Pure NAT", operating on IP alone, may or may not correctly parse protocols that are totally concerned with IP information, such as ICMP, depending on whether the payload is interpreted by a host on the "inside" or "outside" of translation. As soon as the protocol stack is traversed, even with such basic protocols as TCP and UDP, the protocols will break unless NAT takes action beyond the network layer.

IP packets have a checksum in each packet header, which provides error detection only for the header. IP datagrams may become fragmented and it is necessary for a NAT to reassemble these fragments to allow correct recalculation of higher-level checksums and correct tracking of which packets belong to which connection.

The major transport layer protocols, TCP and UDP, have a checksum that covers all the data they carry, as well as the TCP/UDP header, plus a "pseudo-header" that contains the source and destination IP addresses of the packet carrying the TCP/UDP header. For an originating NAT to pass TCP or UDP successfully, it must recompute the TCP/UDP header checksum based on the translated IP addresses, not the original ones, and put that checksum into the TCP/UDP header of the first packet of the fragmented set of packets. The receiving NAT must recompute the IP checksum on every packet it passes to the destination host, and also recognize and recompute the TCP/UDP header using the retranslated addresses and pseudo-header. This is not a completely solved problem. One solution is for the receiving NAT to reassemble the entire segment and then recompute a checksum calculated across all packets.

The originating host may perform Maximum transmission unit (MTU) path discovery to determine the packet size that can be transmitted without fragmentation, and then set the don't fragment (DF) bit in the appropriate packet header field. Of course, this is only a one-way solution, because the responding host can send packets of any size, which may be fragmented before reaching the NAT.

Now fragmentation causes packets to be resent broken down into a manageable size.

So to EA....you need to let us all know how you run your server in this instance so we can rule out this as a potential problem.
    Would also be helpfull to know packet sizes used in game.

If it is run this way one player could be resending his packets and the other getting his through...especially as udp tneds to use a different "route".
    You need to make sure both players are hosts whilst running this test.

You may do this already....

but it wont hurt to tell us exactly what you do.........transparency
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    It would help, but they will never disclose such information.... Not good for us.

I've given up now with 16 (to be honest I'd given up a while back), I'm just hoping 17 will be very different, and that these issues are addressed. If not, that will be enough of FIFA for me, I've given EA enough chances over the years.

After all of the issues with 16 and before, if it's ignored now into 17 and it's still present in 17, then it's never going to change.