Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

Comments

• leon1309
    4208 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2016
    Vitto7 wrote: »
    ok.. I did take the test to my friend, he go perfect in fifa, and have same bufferbloat value.... finally it's not bufferbloat the problem >.<

value or values?

also if he runs perfect get every little bit of info off him and lets try and find out why?

router...modem...isp..firmware even...cables..absolutely everything you can think of.

if it was ea he woudlnt run perfect.

That is literally one bold statement to make. As far as i can tell the only way to test your theory is if he took his router and laptop/console and cables to his neighbour and then test fifa gameplay there, providing they have the same ISP. Now that would be interesting to see.
  • mindm4ster
    4970 posts Big Money Move
    not the isp.... yesterday the game was perfect and I have 95 mb download and 20 upload. Random Fifa go bad or well... server is the problem and the server affecting the p2p connection : you now says that p2p is a connection between only 2 person, yes, but we playing in fifa game and fifa server affecting the game

server just matches players....i suspect it applies in game elo but it has nothing to do with your connection.

the only issue may be the ratio of tcp to udp may suit some isp upload more than others.
    but in a nutshell if the isp infrastructure and system for sending out data is poor (like i was told on snb) there will be differences.

imo your isp is cutting costs.

are they a mainstream isp by any chance?

btw the "connection" between the two players is NOT a connection.
    if you read up on udp youd know that.

He just wrote to you that his friend is on same ISP and don't have the problem . And how would that be ISP problem if it's one day good but on the other horrible ?
    Like this tweet from fifaaddiction - I'm 100% sure it's servers overload because when Futties tournament was up seasons were brilliant -no lags ,delays etc (bc people were playing futtie cup) and now it went back to being **** - same with specific hours - that's why you can find a lot of people here (including me ) saying lag is smaller late late night
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2016
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    not the isp.... yesterday the game was perfect and I have 95 mb download and 20 upload. Random Fifa go bad or well... server is the problem and the server affecting the p2p connection : you now says that p2p is a connection between only 2 person, yes, but we playing in fifa game and fifa server affecting the game

server just matches players....i suspect it applies in game elo but it has nothing to do with your connection.

the only issue may be the ratio of tcp to udp may suit some isp upload more than others.
    but in a nutshell if the isp infrastructure and system for sending out data is poor (like i was told on snb) there will be differences.

imo your isp is cutting costs.

are they a mainstream isp by any chance?

btw the "connection" between the two players is NOT a connection.
    if you read up on udp youd know that.

He just wrote to you that his friend is on same ISP and don't have the problem . And how would that be ISP problem if it's one day good but on the other horrible ?
    Like this tweet from fifaaddiction - I'm 100% sure it's servers overload because when Futties tournament was up seasons were brilliant -no lags ,delays etc (bc people were playing futtie cup) and now it went back to being **** - same with specific hours - that's why you can find a lot of people here (including me ) saying lag is smaller late late night

yes.... it's server.... because i have reinstalled all fifa game and in ALL are crazy lag... also in pro club mode. other game are PERFECT. is impossible that in the world ONLY fifa have this thing. if i go bad in other game ok, maybe is my ISP, but ONLY game go bad is fifa...stop

edit: then, i changed TWO phone operator, 2 of 3 best companies in italy and i ever go bad... is impossibile that is ISP... and it's impossibile that for play fifa well I'm forced to choose ONLY ONE operator.... is totally out of world. this thing appear at the exact moment, at me and my friends..... at decembrer ISP is perfect and then is bad ?? no, impossible.

p.s. one my friend that go bad bad bad have the other phone operator, the other of the three that are the biggest in Italy. :)

edit 2 : keep this Tweet of Inception :

http://imgur.com/a/11NmL
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    also another thing to bear n mind is the speedtests to ea are in no way related to any lag comp applied in game....or rather they are but shouldnt be imo.

the speedtest should be done from console to console then any comp applied.

cant see how ea can aplly this though as many routers would need to allow this through the
    maksi wrote: »
    i get jitter spikes of max 26ms...yours are all over the place...
    26ms jitter isn't playable, not even close

luckily they are spikes.
    the jitter graph is lower
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional

he needs to elaborate on that.

i get the same type of gameplay whether there is 15000 or 28000 on the server.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional

good good...something is moving. i hope this tweet arrive at EA

any luck with your friends details?
  • Vitto7

nothing.... is random situation. here in italy with ALL type of line and with all type of phone operator the situation is critically ( only in fifa ). for this thing i'm sure that this is problem of EA fifa... other game p2p and online go all perfect :) we have problem only with fifa
  • mindm4ster

he needs to elaborate on that.

i get the same type of gameplay whether there is 15000 or 28000 on the server.

How would you even know how many people are on the server ? You work for EA?
    Maybe you just don't notice the difference?
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    because it tells you how many are on.
    i wish i worked for ea i would sort em out ;)
    there is a difference or was a big difference before i moved to 300MBs down 300MBs up.

its more subtle now from game to game.

if it was the server then everyone would experience the issues.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional

nothing.... is random situation. here in italy with ALL type of line and with all type of phone operator the situation is critically ( only in fifa ). for this thing i'm sure that this is problem of EA fifa... other game p2p and online go all perfect :) we have problem only with fifa

i get the same issues on uncharted 4 online.
    one game ca be fine then the next dodgy as ****.

what other p2p games are you playing?
  • mindm4ster
    edited August 2016
    there is a difference or was a big difference before i moved to 300MBs down 300MBs up.

not really no - yo udo realize EA have servers in each country -right ?

that would only mean it's game issue - if your ISP was at fault every P2P game would lag
  • Vitto7

nba, fighting games 1vs1....

that is, you want me to believe that I should have a 300/300 connection to play well at FIFA ???????? Come on, if you tell me I can not take you seriously. My lucky friend plays perfectly with 3MB download and 0.3 upload. i go PERFECT 4 months ago with the same connection than now, and one day..... PUFF! at me and other my friends become unplayable.... no way..... it's EA fault, and the entire world gradually he is realizing

• ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional

nba, fighting games 1vs1....

that is, you want me to believe that I should have a 300/300 connection to play well at FIFA ???????? Come on, if you tell me I can not take you seriously. My lucky friend plays perfectly with 3MB download and 0.3 upload. i go PERFECT 4 months ago with the same connection than now, and one day..... PUFF! at me and other my friends become unplayable.... no way..... it's EA fault, and the entire world gradually he is realizing
    who am i gonna believe.

you with very poor reasoning or a techie gamer on the snbforum who can code and understands how isps work?

no brainer.

i ask a question i get an answer back with reasoning.

your just going by a very basic knowledge of how isps work.
    a very very basic knowledge
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    btw fifa has 22 players movements and intentions to send plus the ball not 2 like fighting games.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    also i used to play cod....gave up because it was a nightmare...couldnt change the qos to one device (the ps4) so it would affect the whole network.

i can now but wot return.

uncharted is good some games but others its clearly more awkward.

they are defo p2p games...more than 2 players.
    uncharted has 10 plus any sidekicks that you gain through the game
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional

that would only mean it's game issue - if your ISP was at fault every P2P game would lag

servers are for matching.

and yes every p2p game isnt what id call acceptable...

battlefield hardline is very good....thats run on a dedicated server.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    think some people seriously cant be @rsed to do research and would rather just blame someone else.

ive been on the case for 4 years now.

the problem is isps and how they deal with upload.
    new things have been introduced in recent years which arent standard to all.

p2p caching is one which i think is a major cause of delay because of packet inspection.
    download wont be inspected.

this will add pressure on network routers and add time naturally.
    if one isp doesnt use it and another does....that gives the one who doesnt use it an advantage.

this would be completely different from any connection test done on a server.

get yer head round that and youd surely understand there are problems for some today .....

ud suggest some of you start doing some research.
  • Vitto7
    think some people seriously cant be @rsed to do research and would rather just blame someone else.

ive been on the case for 4 years now.

the problem is isps and how they deal with upload.
    new things have been introduced in recent years which arent standard to all.

p2p caching is one which i think is a major cause of delay because of packet inspection.
    download wont be inspected.

this will add pressure on network routers and add time naturally.
    if one isp doesnt use it and another does....that gives the one who doesnt use it an advantage.

this would be completely different from any connection test done on a server.

get yer head round that and youd surely understand there are problems for some today .....

ud suggest some of you start doing some research.

totally disagree :) my friends go perfect with 0.3 mb upload.... i go perfect with THIS THIS THIS exact connetion some months ago....not now.... the server are overloaded... 100% :)
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    if thats the case then your mate would have a problem if it was the server......simple logic
  • NornIron
    12061 posts Has That Special Something
    Just thinking back to the beta's theyre always lag free thats why i keep buying the game so server overload is likely i dont why it only effects certain people though. Also i rarely lag on h2h and if Call of duty is p2p im usually host on that never seen less than 4 bars on it in all the years of playing the game.
  • Vitto7
    NornIron wrote: »
    Just thinking back to the beta's theyre always lag free thats why i keep buying the game so server overload is likely i dont why it only effects certain people though. Also i rarely lag on h2h and if Call of duty is p2p im usually host on that never seen less than 4 bars on it in all the years of playing the game.

call of duty is p2p ?

• ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    cod is p2p.

but i used to get bad lag on that with plusnet....havent tried with movistar.
    plusnet may have sorted it out for norniron......

its also possible cod has a better connection test than ea.

imo ea's conection test has to be completely irrelevant.
    they test before you connect to another player.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    vitto7

get your mates setup details...if your serious about helping that is ;)
  • Vitto7
    cod is p2p.

ok, for me,the problem is "solved" ... call of duty at me go PERFECT :) wait fifa 17 :D:D:D
  • leon1309
    4208 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2016
    I am not saying Zeb...s reasoning is wrong per se, but it does smell a bit like he is working for EA (also considering some of the other statements he made), but lets not get into that....

What I can tell for sure is:
    1. lag got worse when i upgraded my internet conection (200/100 optics right now), so one could argue there is some sort of balancing going on;
    2. lag gets worse with the game span (very low lag at the begining of the season and it gets worse into the season...i also have almost no lag when playing previous itterations, but that can be coincidence.
    3. I get input lag in offline games (this should not be hapening unles there is some sort of check running in the background, maybe just a bit paranoid here)
    4. fifa is the only game i have such issues with (and I have changed a lot of ISPs, upgraded my conection, set up my router properly, etc.)
    5. I am not saying some ISPs dont play their part here (share part of the blame), they might aswell, but saying EA is not to blame at all, is just silly IMO...
  • mindm4ster
    if thats the case then your mate would have a problem if it was the server......simple logic

and if it was their ISP both would have **** gameplay -simple logic
  • mindm4ster

but you have to be constantly connected to them while playing -that affects p2p connectivity
  • Vitto7

but you have to be constantly connected to them while playing -that affects p2p connectivity

THIS
  • Stevo_Jalapeno
    475 posts Sunday League Hero

This- if some people did their research they would know this!
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    if you have enough bandwidth how will it affect p2p packets?