Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

Comments

• Aias87
    625 posts Sunday League Hero
    out of interest how often do you lot do one or all of these these?

1.hard reset the console to clear the cache...
    2.rebuild file system...
    3.clean the console inside of dust...
    4.clean the blueray drive....if you run it on disc.

Never, do you?
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The problem is 100% EA.... some friends with the SAME line as me don't have any problems... Issue "RESOLVED"... HOPE for next year. Yesterday go perfect for me after 5 months.... Is random.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    yeah....
    rebuild files when the system messages dont show up on reboot....they start again .

just cleaned out he ps4 yesterday after a whizzing sound on from the fan and i dont mean the normal whizzing sound...

didnt know about the hard reset till yesterday watching a vid how to open up the ps4.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Vitto7 wrote: »
    The problem is 100% EA.... some friends with the SAME line as me don't have any problems... Issue "RESOLVED"... HOPE for next year. Yesterday go perfect for me after 5 months.... Is random.

so how did you resolve your problems?

my connection got better when i moved to symmetrical...thats got **** all to do with ea.

still think it can get better....
  • Stevo_Jalapeno
    475 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've been playing PES for the last couple of weeks and the !at has been nowhere near as bad- the best bit is that Konami have claimed to have server issues for the past week and have even given some compensation for this!

The compo is just some ingame currency for my club- not a huge amout but nearly enough to get a couple of decent players- better than nothing. It's actually just nice that they not only acknowledged the problem but APOLOGISE every time you log into the game! Proves that courtesy costs nothing- makes EA look even more shameful. I believe that Konami have European and North American servers too. You can also alter matchmaking criteria while searching for an online game.

Now that I'm used to the controls, I actually think that PES is a better game- more realistic and although there is the odd BS moment (or good or bad 'luck') it is far more toned down and less obvious. I've decided to vote with my wallet- PES 17 pre-ordered already!

Going to keep an eye on this forum and will only comeback to FIFA if I'm still hearing fantastic things about the game in January (after the inevitable patches and gameplay alterations- FIFA 16 demo and release day game was awesome buy the Arcady sweat master patches ruined it IMO...).
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    edited August 2016
    I've been playing PES for the last couple of weeks and the !at has been nowhere near as bad- the best bit is that Konami have claimed to have server issues for the past week and have even given some compensation for this!

The compo is just some ingame currency for my club- not a huge amout but nearly enough to get a couple of decent players- better than nothing. It's actually just nice that they not only acknowledged the problem but APOLOGISE every time you log into the game! Proves that courtesy costs nothing- makes EA look even more shameful. I believe that Konami have European and North American servers too. You can also alter matchmaking criteria while searching for an online game.

Now that I'm used to the controls, I actually think that PES is a better game- more realistic and although there is the odd BS moment (or good or bad 'luck') it is far more toned down and less obvious. I've decided to vote with my wallet- PES 17 pre-ordered already!

Going to keep an eye on this forum and will only comeback to FIFA if I'm still hearing fantastic things about the game in January (after the inevitable patches and gameplay alterations- FIFA 16 demo and release day game was awesome buy the Arcady sweat master patches ruined it IMO...).

Good choice fifa 17 will be even laggier every game since fifa 12 has had a worse and worse netcode.Ea simply do not listen to the community there will be no own country multiplayer filter in 17 no ping numbers to see and 3 green bars will still = laggy games.

The games out every 11 months so no wonder the netcode sucks and shall never be fixed why would they bother when 99% of people aren't bothered or in denial about laggy games.

For example uk to france even will always be bad lag EA just don't get it so arrogant about their netcode when in reality it's not good enough to do country vs another country
    Post edited by racecar101 on
  • NornIron
    12072 posts Has That Special Something
    racecar101 wrote: »

Good choice fifa 17 will be even laggier every game since fifa 12 has had a worse and worse netcode.Ea simply do not listen to the community there will be no own country multiplayer filter in 17 no ping numbers to see and 3 green bars will still = laggy games.

The games out every 11 months so no wonder the netcode sucks and shall never be fixed why would they bother when 99% of people aren't bothered or in denial about laggy games.

For example uk to france even will always be bad lag EA just don't get it so arrogant about their netcode when in reality it's not good enough to do country vs another country

Yeah at least if we had a ping reader we would know to back out and it would be easier to see where the problem lies.
  • Shadox81
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Agree with you, specially about the acknowledge and appologies part, its nice to play a game where you actually feel they give a **** and its there every time i login.

I have had alot more fun on pes lately then i ever had on fifa, even when i lose, it still feels like i was in control( ofc you have the odd matches, but fifa has these alot more) and that i messed up.

Been playing PES16 now for 3 months every day, i went back on fifa last week and i just thought "what the hell?!! Is this", fifa feels so arcady for me now, yes fifa might be more fluid when performing skill moves, but tbf fifa skill moves combinations are over the top and so unrealistic, even c.ronaldo himself could not reproduce these combos in real life, PES skill moves feel more real and also their body contact and emotions feel more real on pes16 to me.

Its the little things in pes that blows me away, even something simple as my teammate pointing his finger in the direction he would like to have the ball go, i luv it.

Fifa feels to arcady for me now, its a bit like need for speed series vs forza/grand tourismo feeling(nfs being the arcade game).

I will still buy both fifa17/pes17 , its always nice to have a change of play, some weeks im in the mood for some cod/bo3 and sometimes some Overwatch/battleborn ,so i cant see why i wouldt be able to play 2 footies. :)
  • NornIron
    12072 posts Has That Special Something
    Playing some singles matches now and it's simple to win my players are first to everyball feel very fast can do all the skills etc. Yes its laggy but not the sluggish kind. Maybe the other people I'm playing are having the sluggish stuff imagine how good FIFA would be if EA could make a fair game.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    racecar101 wrote: »

talking of france...france telecom (now orange) have a secret qos system.
    its not laggy when i play these players....they are just sharper.
    orange know how to cater for gamers imo especially p2p
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    tempted by pes but tried the free version a few months ago and decided to delete after one half.

problem with pes is way back it was a brilliant game....now its no where near as good.

this years fifa is a joke as well but online id do get a bit of enjoyment when the elo stays off the acid
  • Shadox81
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    tempted by pes but tried the free version a few months ago and decided to delete after one half.

problem with pes is way back it was a brilliant game....now its no where near as good.

this years fifa is a joke as well but online id do get a bit of enjoyment when the elo stays off the acid

So you actually havent tried it at all then?
    Kids these days ffs, stop lying that you tried it.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    so hwo would you compare it to pes 3 4 and 5...offline off course...maybe you werent old enough then to play it ?
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    more dialogue from the snb forum.

Nat isnt the cause of latency issues. As i mentioned before if the CPU is fully loaded you get dropped packets. If the link is fully loaded you get increased latency. So NAT doesnt affect latency.

The issue you are having isnt NAT related, it is ISP p2p profiling. If you want to test try using VOIP like teamspeak for example and look for latency and packet drops.

Yesterday at 10:50 PMReport#34LikeReply
    el pescador
    el pescador
    Regular Contributor
    New
    thanks.
    havent tried teamspeak but did test on this website.

https://www.voipreview.org/speedtest

the results showed a big difference in download and uplaod consistency.
    98% for download and on one test 63% for upload (second test 53%)

bufferbloat was visible in both downa and up...jitter was more prevalent in upload.

not good

1 minute agoEditDeleteReport#35Reply
    el pescador
    el pescador
    Regular Contributor
    New
    BTW isp isnt profiling p2p.
    I have checked on a site which says they arent.

Thinking its a simple issue with upload and the quality of it.

• Vitto7
    not the isp.... yesterday the game was perfect and I have 95 mb download and 20 upload. Random Fifa go bad or well... server is the problem and the server affecting the p2p connection : you now says that p2p is a connection between only 2 person, yes, but we playing in fifa game and fifa server affecting the game
  • Vitto7
    http://imgur.com/a/G8FUn

it's all perfect..... also ping and jitter, because i'm in italy and the site keep the New York server...... is absolutely normal, and repeat, yesterday, for the first time from 3 months go all perfect, today there is crazy input lag and i have the same connection :)
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    your graphs are worse than mine and you think its fine?
    your consistency on upload is far from ideal but is better than mine.
    your bufferbloat is a mess
  • Vitto7
    edited August 2016
    ahahah it's normal :D i'm in italy and the test is in NEW YORK.... one friend do this test and have stats more bad than mine and fifa go perfect at him :P my stats in other speedtest are perfect :)
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    not the isp.... yesterday the game was perfect and I have 95 mb download and 20 upload. Random Fifa go bad or well... server is the problem and the server affecting the p2p connection : you now says that p2p is a connection between only 2 person, yes, but we playing in fifa game and fifa server affecting the game

server just matches players....i suspect it applies in game elo but it has nothing to do with your connection.

the only issue may be the ratio of tcp to udp may suit some isp upload more than others.
    but in a nutshell if the isp infrastructure and system for sending out data is poor (like i was told on snb) there will be differences.

imo your isp is cutting costs.

are they a mainstream isp by any chance?

btw the "connection" between the two players is NOT a connection.
    if you read up on udp youd know that.
  • Vitto7
    ok.. I did take the test to my friend, he go perfect in fifa, and have same bufferbloat value.... finally it's not bufferbloat the problem >.<
  • Aias87
    625 posts Sunday League Hero
    @ZebidyAndIrony
    What can you make of my test?

t9ay9x.jpg
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    ok.. I did take the test to my friend, he go perfect in fifa, and have same bufferbloat value.... finally it's not bufferbloat the problem >.<

value or values?

also if he runs perfect get every little bit of info off him and lets try and find out why?

router...modem...isp..firmware even...cables..absolutely everything you can think of.

if it was ea he woudlnt run perfect.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Aias87 wrote: »
    @ZebidyAndIrony

t9ay9x.jpg

What site is that from? Thanks
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Aias87 wrote: »
    @ZebidyAndIrony

t9ay9x.jpg

mate your ping and jitter looks really ******* scary.
    i get jitter spikes of max 26ms...yours are all over the place...

consistency isnt too bad on the upload....way better than mine this morning.
    mines improved to 86% but think that ony happened because i changed dns servers....played earlier and it sucked so usually change dns....played fine after.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    ahahah it's normal :D i'm in italy and the test is in NEW YORK.... one friend do this test and have stats more bad than mine and fifa go perfect at him :P my stats in other speedtest are perfect :)

get all his details on his set up.

if his plays fine then you need to be the one researching the possibilities.

isp router (modem if he has one of those too)....firmware on router.
    any wifi networks in the vecinity

you need to start looking at the differences and figure out why.

if his plays fine and your doesnt it can not be ea....bt we already knew that because many dont have the problem.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2016
    i get jitter spikes of max 26ms...yours are all over the place...
    26ms jitter isn't playable, not even close

• Vitto7

good good...something is moving. i hope this tweet arrive at EA

• Kabakuchi
    72 posts Park Captain
    Now **** fix yet?
  • Mossup
    1038 posts Professional

good good...something is moving. i hope this tweet arrive at EA

No chance. Too many mugs still spend a fortune on fp so EA have no compulsion to change anything.
    This thread is 80 pages and god knows how many comments, yet it has received no acknowledgement despite being on the official forum for Fifa.
    The game is f**ked for a proportion of players and nothing is going to change that. Sadly.