Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

Comments

• DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Fighting games myfriend same feeling as fifabut skill wins noyhing cheats you
  • Jonesyyy
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Just played 4 games of FIFA 15 to see if it was connection after lagging continuously this afternoon on 16.

Guess what guys it's not my connection. FIFA 15 wasn't laggy and so much more responsive , it was a joy to play . Although I'm not going to stay on 15 as I like 16 better minus the lag.

I won't play FIFA 16 again until they fix this server or game issue .

Good luck guys.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    edited February 2016
    type- ping easfc.ea.com

The above address is incorrect.

You can ping this though easo.ea.com, which is this ea server: meav.5-pub.pt.iad.ea.com, IP address is 159.153.226.105 in Washington I believe.

Although I don't see any point in doing this as our gameplay is with a fellow peer who we are playing against, so this will not give us an accurate reflection on our games and the lag we get.

We need to be able to ping our opponents to see this correctly.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Good feedback guys - keep it coming.

In the meantime the only other suggestion I've got as mentioned earlier on here is to delete your game profile data (be careful i.e online pro, upload all before if not sure) and log out, then log back in to start your original profile again, check any settings (as these could of alterted) and try again. Sometimes this works for me, sometimes it doesn't. Also try with upnp enabled in your router, EA are now advising this for FIFA 16.

Thanks all.
  • NornIron
    11446 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes definitely enable upnp i had it turned off for fifa 15 but enabled it last night again and it has got a little better.
  • Jonesyyy
    Upnp enabled ? Most sites advice to disable it for FIFA ?
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Yes for the last FIFA. FIFA 16 enable it. Trust me, just enable it - I've spoken to the higher tech guys at EA and I had a long discussion about this, but yes definitly enable it - I have on mine.
  • THJ71
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    Tried all sorts.

UPNP On/Off, Static IP, Port Forward, etc. and it just is not making a difference. Terrible Lag tonight on PS4 again (UK).

It is just unplayable 90% of the time in Ultimate Team. I honestly think that EA are simply not bothered, or are just not capable of sorting this out
  • Stevo_Jalapeno
    475 posts Sunday League Hero
    THJ71 wrote: »
    Tried all sorts.

UPNP On/Off, Static IP, Port Forward, etc. and it just is not making a difference. Terrible Lag tonight on PS4 again (UK).

It is just unplayable 90% of the time in Ultimate Team. I honestly think that EA are simply not bothered, or are just not capable of sorting this out

I agree- absolutely terrible in the UK tonight..
  • NornIron
    Mine seems to be changing tonight ive always had sluggish lag''basically u cant see it'' but tonight its pausing every few seconds''jitter lag''
  • Jonesyyy
    Yeah tonight is awful , I have tried ping test.net I tried uo trace to ea servers and I'm getting no packet loss or lag and a very good ping . Good download speed. Yet I still lag every game . I just don't understand what it is.

Most annoying thing is tho my opponents players are fast and responsive lol , **** ea
  • ic3man
    95 posts Park Captain
    Enabling upnp is completely pointless as long as you have ports forwarded. I've tried all different variations of router configurations (and i know what i'm doing when it comes to network stuff), with no success at all. Now and then you might get a few "better" games, but i think this is coincidence. Input lag will be back in no time.

Imo it's merely a very bad connection to crowded ea servers. Especially easfc seems to play a major role...
    when your players take 2 seconds to control simplest short passes, turn in slow motion, seem to be running throught mud (acc., sprint speed) and lose every duel etc. then you're suffering from button lag, caused by this connection. I experience this in offline ut games, where it has now come to a completely unplayable state.
    Not to mix up with actual lag, that you will get in p2p connections, where the game itself is pausing and stuttering.
  • NornIron
    Na the games a waste of time entered that new tournament twice had to quit within 15mins couldn't even move while the other player is pulling of skills left, right and centre im using players like George Best ,if Payet and cant even turn, When i go in for a tackle its like being on an ice rank.
    Players cant win even one 50/50 ball.
  • mindm4ster
    4945 posts Big Money Move
    JIO22 wrote: »
    type- ping easfc.ea.com

The above address is incorrect.

You can ping this though easo.ea.com, which is this ea server: meav.5-pub.pt.iad.ea.com, IP address is 159.153.226.105 in Washington I believe.

Although I don't see any point in doing this as our gameplay is with a fellow peer who we are playing against, so this will not give us an accurate reflection on our games and the lag we get.

We need to be able to ping our opponents to see this correctly.

yeah I ment easo.ea.com
    don't know why I typed "fc" :P
  • NornIron
    Played another match in the lunar cup the lag was shocking quit at 1-1 just before half time sent the guy a message saying the lag was shocking'' my game was basically stopping'' He sent back he had no lag at all but he didnt get the win anyway'' seems a real genuine person'' I got the lost of course because i quit but i just couldn't even move my players. Im aways the home team.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    I gone back to killer instinct done with laggy games and losing to bad players who expliot broken and dirty play
  • NornIron
    edited February 2016
    Has anyone ever tried Qos on the router ''control Bandwidth'' and give the Xbox very little.
    I might try it but it would mean changing every thing back to my TP-Link router just been using the Home hub 5 as its an all in one Router/modem. It made no difference when i had it set to prioritize the Xbox.
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • JonRambo
    1096 posts Professional
    I wish EA would tell us how matchmaking works. Like who hosts and how the connection is divided up.
    Even when it says im the home team i still lag and thats now how a host works. Normally if you are host you get the best connection.

Ive messaged the last 3 of my games and they all said their end was good and only i was laggy.

I think i figured it out, im wondering if the person with the fastest connection gets the good connection and the other person gets a laggy mess ? Because it doesnt seem like both people lag , only one.
  • SYMMO19
    871 posts Semi-Pro
    JonRambo wrote: »
    I wish EA would tell us how matchmaking works. Like who hosts and how the connection is divided up.
    Even when it says im the home team i still lag and thats now how a host works. Normally if you are host you get the best connection.

Ive messaged the last 3 of my games and they all said their end was good and only i was laggy.

I think i figured it out, im wondering if the person with the fastest connection gets the good connection and the other person gets a laggy mess ? Because it doesnt seem like both people lag , only one.

I host 90% of games and get terrible lag, even when I play mates who live 5 minutes away. They have decent connections just not as good as mine, I get button delay and players teleporting whilst they are completely smooth.

I've said it before but it seems to penalise the better connection in a way that is similar to "lag compensation" on FPS.

• JonRambo
    1096 posts Professional
    Yeah but only one person seems to lag not both. EA should explain how they share the connections. I asked a while back who hosts when playing and someone told me no one does. You might be the home team, but you are not host, EA does something to both connections, but he couldnt explain what.
  • NornIron
    edited February 2016
    Just like to add BT broadband is down in most of the UK.
    My connection's pretty solid :) .
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    I have amazing internet always lag
  • ic3man
    95 posts Park Captain
    NornIron wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tied Qos on the router ''control Bandwidth'' and give the Xbox very little.
    I might try it but it would mean changing every thing back to my TP-Link router just been using the Home hub 5 as its an all in one Router/modem. It made no difference when i had it set to prioritize the Xbox.

i did. Doesn't make a difference at all. I've literally tried eg. possible (qos, dmz, mtu, port forwarding, upnp, direct connection,...). Qos bandwidth control is mainly to ensure that you have less fluctuations in upload bandwidth. E.g. you have 5 Mbit - set value to 4 and you will mostly reach 4 Mbit, else it might be 4.7, 4.4, 4.8... but since fifa will never get close to maxing out your bandwidth it's pointless anyways.
  • Cahir85
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fcukin pissed off with this game and it's inconsistency. Was my day off yesterday and managed about 20 games. All lag free which I couldn't believe. I even managed to cruise to the Div 2 title. Had maybe 2 losses max all day and really enjoyed the game.

Tried to "Play" 5 games this evening. Lost 4 of the 5. I'm not blaming the lag alone, as I played some good players. But my players were responding to my actions a second after I press a button.

Usual **** like players running into each other, not making runs, being unable to control a delicate pass from five yards etc.

It's the inconsistency that kills me :(

So annoyed with it right now. I'd happily play lag free and lose all week, than struggle through this **** and win. :(
  • barnseyblade
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played about 5 matches earlier with no lag, smoothest games ever.

I've never been the home team and I've played about 25 matches now I think.

I have a 2.5-3mb download speed.

Was actually a joy to play for once.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    edited February 2016
    Has anyone ever tried Qos on the router ''control Bandwidth'' and give the Xbox very little.

Yes I have, I've tried every combination of configuration inc. Qos- even limited the bandwidth to my PS4 (sounds strange I know but there were theories out there on this), none made any difference consistently. Also "throttled" certain ports as this was suggested may work, but it doesn't. This issue is down to EA. It's time EA fixed it, or at the very least communicated to us about it, rather than just not responding to us, their loyal fans.

wish EA would tell us how matchmaking works. Like who hosts and how the connection is divided up.

I had another conversation about this with EA about a week ago, I was told in that conversation that it was purely down to who entered the game first was the home team and hosted. This is 100% what i was told by EA just the other day.
    Post edited by JIO22 on
  • Mossup
    1019 posts Professional
    The latest advice I have received (via email) from EA is:

1. Delete the profile and add it back on (make sure you remember what the password was.)
    2. Then go into settings-all settings-system-storage-clear local saved games-the console will restart itself, do not worry. You will not lose anything.
    3. If this doesn't work go into settings-all settings-disk and blue-ray-blue-ray and click on the option that says persistent storage. Let's clear it three times.

I'll try these steps and let you guys know if I have any improvements. Feel free to have a go too and feedback on your results.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Good info @Mossup.

Is this for PS4 or Xbox?

Let us know how you get on mate.
  • maksi
    6609 posts Big Money Move
    it's just a generic procedure, like ISP asking you first to restart your modem if you have trouble with internet connection
  • Richy da Pig
    51 posts Park Captain
    Can someone explain to me wtf has happened to Fifa I've been relegated 3 straight times after being in div1 for 10 seasons straight with relative ease.

I feel like I cannot defend at all and to score I need to pull of some ridiculous goal because every openonent has 3 players on me at all times and gets the right tackle..