Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

Comments

• barnseyblade
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just don't play anymore mainly due to the fact a stupidly high % of games that I play will lag, and drain all the fun out.

It's in EA's best interest to sort this out considering I'll pump a good £50 into the game to get me going, and bits throughout the year. Now I just don't see the point as best case scenario, I pack Ronaldo or I have enough coins to use the best players, but lag will make using them pointless.

I can't be the only one like this.
  • JIO22
    1175 posts Professional
    Thanks for your posts @Ibelvaux and @barnseyblade.

Only other thing to try is to delete the game data on your game profile (keeping your online-pro data etc), switch users (log out) then log back in with your original user, to load your original profile back into the game. This is on the PS4, so not sure about xbox but there should be something similar to this.

Also after my conversation with a guy from EA tech help a couple of days ago regarding this ongoing issue, one of the things he advised is to have upnp enabled on your router - last year on FIFA 15 we were told to disabled this because of some underlying issues. So worth putting this back on and giving it a go, once I done this I noticed I was getting a lot more home games, but more trialling needs to be done.

Thanks all.
  • NornIron
    11496 posts Has That Special Something
    JIO22 wrote: »
    Thanks for your posts @Ibelvaux and @barnseyblade.

Only other thing to try is to delete the game data on your game profile (keeping your online-pro data etc), switch users (log out) then log back in with your original user, to load your original profile back into the game. This is on the PS4, so not sure about xbox but there should be something similar to this.

Also after my conversation with a guy from EA tech help a couple of days ago regarding this ongoing issue, one of the things he advised is to have upnp enabled on your router - last year on FIFA 15 we were told to disabled this because of some underlying issues. So worth putting this back on and giving it a go, once I done this I noticed I was getting a lot more home games, but more trialling needs to be done.

Thanks all.

The thing is if it was anything to do with settings on your router h2h would play the same every match is fine on h2h but lag/sluggish/button delay on UT. 99% of my matches im the home team.
  • JIO22
    1175 posts Professional
    edited January 2016
    Yeh I agree, I've changed my router config literally hundreds of times - a lot of the time to make no difference at all. EA are now advising to have upnp enabled, the opposite to last year on FIFA 15.

I don't think the upnp will make to much difference to lag, but possibly to the matchmaking side of things, hopefully... Erasing data (be careful) may help if something is corrupt or alike, and this may help with the gameplay. I tend to give this a go when I'm suffering and at times it does improve.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Its the netcode that fifa uses its like a fighting game there is no server or host
  • NornIron
    Its the netcode that fifa uses its like a fighting game there is no server or host

Did u mention Mortal Kombat x has something wrong with the game.
    It's just i got it a couple of weeks ago but have never tried online yet has it bad lag?
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Yeah mk x has pretty bad netcode and they announced in march they are upgrading the netcode

Fifa needs to do the same or do more maitenxe
  • mindm4ster
    4945 posts Big Money Move
    do we even have some info about EA even acknowledging this issue or they just don''t give a single **** ?
  • Mank1984
    68 posts Park Captain
    Cahir85 wrote: »
    Agreed. Been terrible last few days :(

• They Caged Non
    4490 posts National Call-Up
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    just to add mine is worse since i got a better connection, albeit I'm now on WIFI not wired but my other devices connect with no issues and I can download music etc at light speed.. my thoughts on it are that the person with the stronger connection suffers because they are awaiting responses from the slower connection all the time.

what's your net speed ?

Could you guys post your net speeds just for info ?
    curious about this

I'm on 60 Mb/sec

my ping is 28

download is 49.18

upload is 11.49

just now on speedtest.net

test your ping with EA servers though
    make ping test in cmd

how would ping the EA server in CMD, surely you would have to know the IP to do that?? i ping printers all the time at work to confirm they are online but i know the address of them
  • JIO22
    1175 posts Professional
    do we even have some info about EA even acknowledging this issue or they just don''t give a single **** ?

They've acknowledged it - getting it corrected is another matter. Personally I can't make EA fix it, but I guess the more the community raises these issues the better the chance is of this being corrected. Which is the message I'm getting from the people at EA who I have spoke to.
  • NornIron
    Yeh I agree, I've changed my router config literally hundreds of times - a lot of the time to make no difference at all. EA are now advising to have upnp enabled, the opposite to last year on FIFA 15.

I don't think the upnp will make to much difference to lag, but possibly to the matchmaking side of things, hopefully... Erasing data (be careful) may help if something is corrupt or alike, and this may help with the gameplay. I tend to give this a go when I'm suffering and at times it does improve.

Just went and turned on upnp again and played a match in the silver cup i was the away team for the first time in mths i think the latency bar even flickered orange but went ahead anyway it was laggy but compared to the sluggish gameplay it was unreal i could tackle, find passes, shoulder charge, turn, dribble have sent a few messages to the other guy he says he had NO lag'' My game was pausing what i would call real lag'' Have asked what speed of broadband he had and where he was based but hasn't replied yet ''probably getting scared'' :)
  • Mossup
    1020 posts Professional

They've acknowledged it - getting it corrected is another matter. Personally I can't make EA fix it, but I guess the more the community raises these issues the better the chance is of this being corrected. Which is the message I'm getting from the people at EA who I have spoke to.

When did they acknowledge it?
    Sucks in the UK tonight. Mega judder and lag in the 3 games I could be bothered to play.
  • JIO22
    1175 posts Professional
    Just went and turned on upnp again and played a match in the silver cup i was the away team for the first time in mths i think the latency bar even flickered orange but went ahead anyway it was laggy but compared to the sluggish gameplay it was unreal i could tackle, find passes, shoulder charge, turn, dribble have sent a few messages to the other guy he says he had NO lag'' My game was pausing what i would call real lag'' Have asked what speed of broadband he had and where he was based but hasn't replied yet ''probably getting scared'' :)

The upnp is what EA are now saying to have it enabled - opposite to what they said for the last FIFA. So it's worth doing this, we have to believe them. It's worth doing the "delete profile data" side of things (be careful though), for me this made the biggest difference, but only sometimes, why sometimes I don't know.
  • JIO22
    1175 posts Professional
    When did they acknowledge it?
    Sucks in the UK tonight. Mega judder and lag in the 3 games I could be bothered to play.

I've had these issues for years on and off (since about 08-09), they acknowledged it then.... The last time being now, last Monday I spoke to EA about this and told them exactly what was happening. He believed me and I did manage to get through to a 2nd Tier Tech, but there is no way he could fix the issue as it is down to the developers of the game. I was encouraged to come on the forums (which I already was) etc. The more people who are having these problems need to contact EA and let them know. Also add to these forums, as I'm sure people from EA are watching these and taking note. The bigger the issue it is and the more widespread it is, I'd hope EA will act sooner to solve it. They want to see numbers of people effected.
  • NornIron
    Yeah mk x has pretty bad netcode and they announced in march they are upgrading the netcode

Fifa needs to do the same or do more maitenxe

Just went online out of 84 people in the room sort by ping i was 2nd best i just dont get whats wrong with fifa UT and my connection.
  • Cyodine
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would say a good 7 out of 10 matches are absolutely horrible to play. Everything is delayed, can't even do a ball roll in time to avoid a tackle. I find the lag the most frustrating thing about this game, other than that the gameplay is pretty good in my opinion. I would be happy with the 60 USD I spent for this game if It did not lag so much.

It's even worse if you play with an Online Pro as a GK or defender...
  • Jonesyyy
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Played 4 games tonight , lag and button delay so bad I had to come off before I smashed something or someone. So frustrating .

But this game is totally unplayable.

Ea biggest joke company out there imo.
  • Cyodine
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jonesyyy wrote: »
    Played 4 games tonight , lag and button delay so bad I had to come off before I smashed something or someone. So frustrating .

I can deal with every other aspect of the game just fine. I have no problem when I lose a match to a better player. The single most frustrating thing about this game is the constant lag. All of the other FIFA games had lag, but this one hands down has been the worst. This is also the first FIFA where I have not even purchased FIFA Points to buy packs with, I can't bring myself to pour any additional money into this game because of the lag.
  • Jonesyyy

Cyodine wrote: »
    Jonesyyy wrote: »

I can deal with every other aspect of the game just fine. I have no problem when I lose a match to a better player. The single most frustrating thing about this game is the constant lag. All of the other FIFA games had lag, but this one hands down has been the worst. This is also the first FIFA where I have not even purchased FIFA Points to buy packs with, I can't bring myself to pour any additional money into this game because of the lag.

Couldn't agree more.

I would actually love to lose a game on a smooth connection to someone who is better than me. Instead of the constant **** laggy games where you can't switch players quick enough , can't fake shot. The lag was even that bad for me today I missed a penalty because the stutter step didn't work because game was too laggy it didn't register it. Absolute joke of a game. Anyone who spends money on this **** is either rich, stupid or both imo.
  • AlbanianFIFABoi
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is this true? Damn, maybe thats why I've been having a rough time.
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    The problem is the matchmaking search engine, I am uk london 160 down 11 up

about 1 out of 50 games I get matched vs someone in the uk

99% of the time I get matched vs an unplayable laggy spanish french german etc
  • SYMMO19
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    racecar101 wrote: »

Nothing to do with that mate, I play my nephew who lives 5 minutes away and we both get button lag despite having pretty decent connections.

Never thought it possible for EA server's to get worse, but somehow this utterly pathetic excuse for a company have managed it.

• SYMMO19
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    Cyodine wrote: »
    I would say a good 7 out of 10 matches are absolutely horrible to play. Everything is delayed, can't even do a ball roll in time to avoid a tackle. I find the lag the most frustrating thing about this game, other than that the gameplay is pretty good in my opinion. I would be happy with the 60 USD I spent for this game if It did not lag so much.

It's even worse if you play with an Online Pro as a GK or defender...

Surprised you get button delay on pro clubs, my lag problems are only on Fut.

Can play every other mode as smooth as silk.

• Jonesyyy
    racecar101 wrote: »

I am on virgin and I have exact same problem. In 10 games I would say I play 1 person from the uk. Bit that isn't the problem at all because usually the person I play from the uk is a worse connection. Just doesn't make sense.
  • SpLuFF
    77 posts Park Captain
    I have this issue aswell - please fix EA
  • mindm4ster
    4945 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2016
    just to add mine is worse since i got a better connection, albeit I'm now on WIFI not wired but my other devices connect with no issues and I can download music etc at light speed.. my thoughts on it are that the person with the stronger connection suffers because they are awaiting responses from the slower connection all the time.

what's your net speed ?

Could you guys post your net speeds just for info ?
    curious about this

I'm on 60 Mb/sec

my ping is 28

download is 49.18

upload is 11.49

just now on speedtest.net

test your ping with EA servers though
    make ping test in cmd

how would ping the EA server in CMD, surely you would have to know the IP to do that?? i ping printers all the time at work to confirm they are online but i know the address of them

type- ping easo.ea.com
    Post edited by mindm4ster on
  • Samy
    52 posts Park Captain
    Guys chill....i contacted them too several times..changed the console and all in vain... for me this is the last FIFA I will ever play....

Anyway...i don't see the need for a connection bar....means nothing because they are not measuring the lag, only if you are connected. With full green bars for more then 20 seconds...same **** lag...

Past 100 games 90% were laggy and the rest playable if you have the nerve to stay....
  • Finxjar
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Uninstalled the game 10 days ago and monitoring forums if something has changed. Its too frustrating to play with a lag so i just gave up until miracle happens...it wont.
  • Mossup
    1020 posts Professional
    It's ridiculous how consistently problematical this is. Doesn't matter when you play, at least 50% of game time is affected.
    Perhaps EA could tell us what they consider to be a tolerable ratio of disruption? @rob????