Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

Comments

• They Caged Non
    4459 posts National Call-Up
    just to add mine is worse since i got a better connection, albeit I'm now on WIFI not wired but my other devices connect with no issues and I can download music etc at light speed.. my thoughts on it are that the person with the stronger connection suffers because they are awaiting responses from the slower connection all the time.
  • huntskij
    528 posts Sunday League Hero
    Absolutely awful today and yesterday, my stacked bbva squad (including four toty players) have turned into ****. Won't make runs, can't pass, can't outs print anyone, can't outmuscle anyone, weak shots, run into each other, tackle each other, let balls bounce off of them instead of controlling it. Awful.

And to top it of I've now lost about three mil on my toty "investments".

Fcuking hate this game. I'm done. **** u ea, fuuuuuuuuuck you.
  • mindm4ster
    4945 posts Big Money Move
    just to add mine is worse since i got a better connection, albeit I'm now on WIFI not wired but my other devices connect with no issues and I can download music etc at light speed.. my thoughts on it are that the person with the stronger connection suffers because they are awaiting responses from the slower connection all the time.

what's your net speed ?

Could you guys post your net speeds just for info ?
    curious about this

I'm on 60 Mb/sec
  • They Caged Non
    4459 posts National Call-Up
    mindm4ster wrote: »

what's your net speed ?

curious about this

I'm on 60 Mb/sec

my ping is 28

download is 49.18

upload is 11.49

just now on speedtest.net
  • Cahir85
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cahir85 wrote: »
    Agreed. Been terrible last few Years :(

corrected that for you mate

Haha, you're right though!!!
  • Rufio
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    One thing i don't get is why lag seems to affect players stats and AI, is it not bad enough that we have to fight the delay and stutter but when we do try play that other things seem to be broken more so than the normal EA **** and inconsistency as well?!
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    One thing i don't get is why lag seems to affect players stats and AI, is it not bad enough that we have to fight the delay and stutter but when we do try play that other things seem to be broken more so than the normal EA **** and inconsistency as well?!

Yes exactly, You get lag, delay, freezing etc etc that's one issue what happens on FUT.

Then on top of this there is the actual game physics i.e how poor the AI can be at times, the general ping pong balls flying everywhere uncontrollable, players running into eachother and falling over, players can't trap a ball all all this rubbish what you get in game.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    They could give us an option to rent a server im down to still play those who don't have a rented server and have them be home or away as long as the games on a dedicated sever
  • Mossup
    1019 posts Professional
    They could give us an option to rent a server im down to still play those who don't have a rented server and have them be home or away as long as the games on a dedicated sever

Sod that. They should just provide the service they claim to provide when advertising/selling the game!!
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Game play has gone to new levels now, I seriously can not play the game....

It's horrendous, it's completely freezing and juddering constantly in the match all the way through - getting lots of disconnections from EA (not PSN), never had this before at all (disconnections). The lag is beyond all levels of control. What the hell has happened!!
  • I feel you're pain mate. Totally unplayable for me too. Just tried Fifa 15 and it's fast and smooth, loved it!
    I've had this since October and in FIFA 15 now and then. I'm close to going back to 15 until they fix this broken game!!!
  • Player198X
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited January 2016

what's your net speed ?

curious about this

I'm on 60 Mb/sec

5028836409.png
  • SYMMO19
    871 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2016
    Absolutely horrific since the weekend maintenance, button delay is making the game unplayable.

100 down 6 up 12 ping
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    edited January 2016
    I get 19 down and 1.5 up, 30ms ping.

These issues are to do with EA not speeds, although my speeds are not the highest, the line is 100% stable and the speeds are easily over adequate for FIFA online - you don't need massive speeds just need stability and a decent ping.

As symmo said above the gameplay has gone to ridiculous levels since the maintenance on Saturday - It's clearly changed since then.
    Post edited by JIO22 on
  • barnseyblade
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    The games I've played over the past couple of days have been horribly laggy.

Every other game is fine.
  • NornIron
    11435 posts Has That Special Something
    Been playing a few FUT offline matches as online is unplayable but one thing ive found is the higher up level u play it effects your players more than the computer ie Turning,Pace,strength how can u lose the ability to turn i could see how they could up the error pass sliders and such but turning and Pace basically the time u have to get a pass away. No such problem on career or kick off mode.
  • This. Everything on this thread. I went from winning about 70% of my games to a 9 game losing streak. Seems like the more disciplined I try to play, the more the game punishes me. Just lost 6-1 to a pace hog. I kept looking down at his stamina bar and it was very low and waaaay in the red. He played 90 minutes of high pressure football so that last update means nothing. The refs are a complete different issue. I continue to play against ppl who slide into the back of my legs and the refs turn a blind eye. Or they just run full speed into and knock me off unbalance. This game has too many issues and any game that needs this much troubleshooting isn't worth playing to begin with. I bought a SCUF controller thinking it was on my end. No change. Even upgraded to FIOS 50/50 and it's gotten worse. This is my last fifa game. Honestly, PES does simulation soccer way better. They just need to improve their presentation and work on their servers.
  • ic3man
    95 posts Park Captain
    I haven't played a single online fifa16 game, because i grew tired of losing to 9yr olds in fifa 15 who are not affected by button lag. I could play fifa 14 until Christmas normally, fifa 15 approx. a month and in fifa 16 the fun was over after 10 days... I'm having these issues in offline fut modes. In career mode or kick-off it's still there but by far not this bad.
    Unfortunately we're always connected to eas fc and fut servers, so offline turns into online... bad and varying connection result in this horrible "gameplay" that we get, since their servers can't handle the massive load of players. Toty CR7 takes 2 seconds to control simplest 10m passes, his turns are in slow motion and Mertesacker catches up and steals the ball from him easily.
    I personally know 7 People (IRL) who Play fifa16. 4 of us are affected by this, 4 ain't (for whatever reason). I think there are many players out there who think that "m..." has struck them, although it's button lag that makes you feel that the game is completely againgst you and everything goes wrong.
  • mindm4ster
    Player198X wrote: »

what's your net speed ?

curious about this

I'm on 60 Mb/sec

5028836409.png

holy ****
    where do you live ?
    pricey ?
  • Dawud
    15795 posts World Class
    Player198X wrote: »

what's your net speed ?

curious about this

I'm on 60 Mb/sec

5028836409.png

holy ****
    where do you live ?
    pricey ?

Looks like Copenhagen
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Although gameplay has gone very poor the last few days, I'm struggling to find opponents when I use my silver team only - "no opponents found" all the time, out of 20 attempts I may find 1 match... More often than not the game is as mentioned above (unplayable) then almost 100% of the time the game get's disconnected - My connection is on and fine but I'm taken back to the FUT menu, whether it's them getting disconnected I don't know. I've never suffered with disconnections like this before.

Any ideas?

P.S. I have deleted the silver squad and re-done, this one of EA's suggestions.
  • mindm4ster
    ic3man wrote: »
    I haven't played a single online fifa16 game, because i grew tired of losing to 9yr olds in fifa 15 who are not affected by button lag. I could play fifa 14 until Christmas normally, fifa 15 approx. a month and in fifa 16 the fun was over after 10 days... I'm having these issues in offline fut modes. In career mode or kick-off it's still there but by far not this bad.
    Unfortunately we're always connected to eas fc and fut servers, so offline turns into online... bad and varying connection result in this horrible "gameplay" that we get, since their servers can't handle the massive load of players. Toty CR7 takes 2 seconds to control simplest 10m passes, his turns are in slow motion and Mertesacker catches up and steals the ball from him easily.
    I personally know 7 People (IRL) who Play fifa16. 4 of us are affected by this, 4 ain't (for whatever reason). I think there are many players out there who think that "m..." has struck them, although it's button lag that makes you feel that the game is completely againgst you and everything goes wrong.

where you from ?
    what platform ?
  • ic3man
    95 posts Park Captain
    Austria, Xbone
  • Gzapper
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park

There is something to this--I get terrible lag when matched with Mexicans. Started backing out against anyone with a Pumas kit, Mexican badge, or "el" in the team name.
  • Rufio
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wow..been weeks jump on to 'TRY' enjoy a new team and still laggy and delayed..generally slow and sloppy play even on the few games where there was no apparent lag. What the hell is this, currently almost unplayable sort the issue out EA! pretty fun testing out TOTY Modric when he is slow and has NO agility...i may as well sell and use a **** bronze :/
  • mindm4ster
    this is **** up
    I mean there's ton of people with this problem and they just don't give a ****
  • mindm4ster

what's your net speed ?

curious about this

I'm on 60 Mb/sec

my ping is 28

download is 49.18

upload is 11.49

just now on speedtest.net

test your ping with EA servers though
    make ping test in cmd
  • For the past 3/4 Fifa's, I have suffered from a very bad button delay/lag which makes the game basically unplayable. Its unbelievably frustrating as I can no longer play my once favorite game.
    The Button lag makes my players go so slow it's uncontrollable, cannot change player, players turn so slow. I've had this problem right throughout FIFA 16. My players looks like they running in mud, my players dont react when the ball passes by. My players react late to everything. It takes around 1.5 sec before they respond after pressing a button. I can never tackle or push the opponent when they have the ball, its like a magnet pushing me away from them. If I press towards them to go tackle my players just dont move or they run around the opponent. This is definitely lag as I have played the last 4 Fifa's and used to be a very very good player on them all. Now I'm suddenly abysmal, I understand the game and have played it long enough to see that their is a significant button delay.
    Sometimes if there is a loose ball and I try to run to the ball my player runs to the opposite site and I can't control it. I heard that a lot of players has this issues....the game is just literally unplayable. It is not the internet because if i play offline with no connection it still does the same against the computer. Why is this problem still occurring and why does it only effect certain people? EA keep ignoring it because it happens to less than 1/4 of all players. Can anyone shed some light or solve this?

I have tried literally everything possible in order to fix it:

New TV
    New Controller
    Wired Connection
    Wireless Connection
    Router reset
    Port-forwarded Fifa
    New Xbox account
    Wired Controller
    Turned off other WiFi sources e.g phone
    New EA account
    New Fifa
    Changed matchmaking settings
    Played at different times
    Moved Xbox to different place in house
    Got a new Xbox
    Re-downloaded fifa
    New Router
  • For the past 3/4 Fifa's, I have suffered from a very bad button delay/lag which makes the game basically unplayable. Its unbelievably frustrating as I can no longer play my once favorite game.
    The Button lag makes my players go so slow it's uncontrollable, cannot change player, players turn so slow. I've had this problem right throughout FIFA 16. My players looks like they running in mud, my players dont react when the ball passes by. My players react late to everything. It takes around 1.5 sec before they respond after pressing a button. I can never tackle or push the opponent when they have the ball, its like a magnet pushing me away from them. If I press towards them to go tackle my players just dont move or they run around the opponent. This is definitely lag as I have played the last 4 Fifa's and used to be a very very good player on them all. Now I'm suddenly abysmal, I understand the game and have played it long enough to see that their is a significant button delay.
    Sometimes if there is a loose ball and I try to run to the ball my player runs to the opposite site and I can't control it. I heard that a lot of players has this issues....the game is just literally unplayable. It is not the internet because if i play offline with no connection it still does the same against the computer. Why is this problem still occurring and why does it only effect certain people? EA keep ignoring it because it happens to less than 1/4 of all players. Can anyone shed some light or solve this?

New TV
    New Controller
    Wired Connection
    Wireless Connection
    Router reset
    Port-forwarded Fifa
    New Xbox account
    Wired Controller
    New EA account
    New Fifa
    Changed matchmaking settings
    Played at different times
    Moved Xbox to different place in house
    Got a new Xbox
    Re-downloaded fifa
    New Router

New TV
    New Controller
    Wired Connection
    Wireless Connection
    Router reset
    Port-forwarded Fifa
    New Xbox account
    Wired Controller
    New EA account
    New Fifa