Team Advice - TOTYs underperforming

Arthur Hucksake
391 posts Sunday League Hero
Well folks, I have hit a stumbling block. Built a dream team that performs worse than my previous Serie A and BPL sides that were 83\84 rated at best.

I am looking for some advice.

Would it be worth selling MOTM Suarez and picking up TOTY Ramos? Or getting normal Ramos?

What would you do to balance this side out? I have about 1m in reserve but want to hold on to most of it for the winter upgrades and improve my other Spurs squad. (New Alli and Dier cards)

As it stands, as good as it looks it just isn't all that fun to play with. Muddy pitches perhaps.

gTRF7xa.jpg

Comments

• JordanLawranc26
    363 posts Sunday League Hero
    My TOTYs feel like they have weights in their boots, and always out of position.

Need to give it another 30 games or so, then im going to change back to my old team and see what happens.

so so strange.
  • Devers
    7769 posts League Winner
    how is motm suarez?
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    With that team I'd personally try mixing up the formation. The flat midfield doesn't do it for me, get Krychowiak in a CDM position. Or Iniesta as a CAM.

I'd also try a 5 at the back formation, it'll get Marcelo and Alves further up the pitch, obviously you want to get them involved as much as possible in better positions, being TOTY players.
  • Breaker1987
    1952 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maybe try Neymar instead of Konoplyanka & Ramos instead of Laporte.
    Also, I have played with IF Krychowiak in the past... and I wasn't really impressed!
  • Arthur Hucksake
    Yep. If Messi was like this in real life he would be claiming disability.
  • Arthur Hucksake
    Devers wrote: »
    how is motm suarez?

He is pretty good, but nothing special as such. Doesn't have the spark or zip Aguero does. His finishing one-on-one is stupidly good though. Never misses.

Just feeling like I should sell him and stick IF Neymar in the side perhaps.
  • Arthur Hucksake
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    With that team I'd personally try mixing up the formation. The flat midfield doesn't do it for me, get Krychowiak in a CDM position. Or Iniesta as a CAM.

I'd also try a 5 at the back formation, it'll get Marcelo and Alves further up the pitch, obviously you want to get them involved as much as possible in better positions, being TOTY players.

Thanks for that, yeah I will stagger the midfield a bit.

5 at the back could work, there is one that accomodates wingers.
  • Devers
    7769 posts League Winner
    Devers wrote: »
    how is motm suarez?

He is pretty good, but nothing special as such. Doesn't have the spark or zip Aguero does. His finishing one-on-one is stupidly good though. Never misses.

Just feeling like I should sell him and stick IF Neymar in the side perhaps.

his nif is my favourite striker in the game. way better than aguero for me.

when he gets another inform tomorrow i can see his orange going for about 1.8
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    I would say it's more your teams balance, TOTY cards don't gaurentee you a win you are aware of that right?
  • Arthur Hucksake
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    I would say it's more your teams balance, TOTY cards don't gaurentee you a win you are aware of that right?

Of course, it's just that the players themselves feel worse than the regular IF cards or them being in the side actually makes the rest perform differently.
  • schwarzgelben
    896 posts An Exciting Prospect
    IxToMxI wrote: »

He didn't make any comments about losing, he said they've got mud in their boots.

Unfortunately I'm experiencing the same thing. Sissoko is everywhere in my midfield, Modric has to hold his hand up to be found.
  • Dado BL
    1260 posts Professional
    What's the point of having an elite squad? You'll get H'd every single game. A non-rare CB from Algeria catches up to Ronaldo in this game with Ronaldo having a head start of 2 meters.......happens to me all the time
  • Sandell85
    7694 posts League Winner
    433(2) and dont change Laporte, he is great.. use the fullbacks to always overlap..
  • LouXC
    801 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2016
    Felt the same with toty Pogba until I used him as decoy. He opens up so much space for his team mates. I didn't force balls to him and he turned into a creator even tho he's miss soooo many goal up close. I would just say not to force anything and play like if they weren't special. I would also change your formation to 433(5). Try setting all your mids plus full backs to stay back while attacking and only bring them up when you want them with R1. Stops a lot of counters.
  • Arthur Hucksake
    edited January 2016
    Ok, I sold MOTM Suarez and bought 93 TIF Suarez instead to free up funds. I still have TOTY Modric and TOTY Iniesta and want to sell one of them. Which should I keep?

Or should I just make Barca and be done with it? lol

I've got enough for TOTY Neymar and TOTY Alves, but is it worth it?
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    Remain calm OP! Its taking me some time with TOTY neymar and TOTY modric, but I'm starting to get the most out of them. Had to change formation and the folks around them and now they're starting to feel like world-beaters

Keep in mind this is not a new phenomenon. Last year sooooo many people HATED TOTY kroos, especially when he first came out (not all folks, but lots. was the most complained about TOTY). Gotta admit even I struggled to hit goals with him for the first 50 games or so, took while to figure out his shot (maybe the best longshots on FUT15) and dribbling strengths. Then after a month or two people started realizing he was one of the best midfielders ever on UT

don't assume the TOTY cards are [email protected]$ yet, try changing the players around them, and change up the formation which is easy enough because you're all one league. seems to me like that squad is screaming for 433(5), get messi as involved as possible and suarez is a perfect false 9

specific changes that might help IMO:

SIF bruno>>>>IF krychwiak

NIF Neymar> any Konoplyanka card

Maybe switch Laporte to LCB, he's M/M and alves is H/L so you're really inviting people in behind on the right. Godin should cover your ❤️❤️❤️❤️ more when alves goes forward, and TOTY marcelo is a better defender so should be next to your worse CB

diego alves is balls. not sure who is better in that league, but diego alves never gives me trouble when I face him
  • Shadow_185
    7051 posts Big Money Move
    krychowiak the wrong man for that position
  • Arthur Hucksake
    edited January 2016
    Had another go and this is what I came back with. Getting rid of Alves, he is absolutely useless at defending tbh.

TOTY Iniesta is in my fitness squad ffs lol may need to sell him, but i've not decided whether i'm going for the full Barca team to max chemistry.

7FWEFeh.jpg
  • Dado BL
    1260 posts Professional
    edited January 2016
    Would TOTY Modric be a good CF in 433-5?
  • CovLee_Candice
    5108 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2016
    don't change your team so fast.

that's great time, but you need to lower your expectation when playing with high rated team.

we always think high rated player will do something amazing for us, in fact it's all about us.

it also happened to me, when I use high rated team, I become selfish and force the star player to make something happened.

no It won't play like they are regular player who need team mates to score a goal.

cheers and enjoy

for your formation use jordi alba as Left back and sub TOTY marcelo for enzo perez.

TOTY marcelo is wasted in full back since we will play stay back while attacking instruction.
  • Crowie
    1678 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2016
    I am one of the few people in here who just couldn't get on with either SIF Kono or SIF Bruno. I have seen so many rave reviews of them but neither seemed to do anything special for me, or certainly not to the level that others were praising them too.

I have a 433(5) very similar to yours.

Bravo in goals, does the job. Hate Alves handling and positioning.

Back 4 of TOTY Alves, FIF Godin, Ramos, TOTY Marcelo. Very sold IMO. Godin is a monster and both Alves and and Marcelo play to their card stats. I prefer Ramos over Laporte but have heard many good things about the Laporte IF.

Midfield 3 of TOTY Modric, IF Kryo (as said, couldn't get on with Bruno, Kryo seems a rock compared to him) and either Kroos (preferred), Iniesta or Rodriguez.

Front 3 of SIF Bale (would love that Messi card), normal Suarez and TIF Neymar. Suarez is the star, as said above, rarely misses, but Neymar and Bale also provide good support and different attacking options.

Edit - sorry, re the TOTY cards, I certainly feel the improvements in Marcelo and Alves, both very solid, and definitely now starting to get the best out of Modric's dribbling and agility. His passing is also spot on.
  • ppeetteerr11
    1045 posts Professional
    Sell Laporte, get Pique. Change to a 4-3-2-1. Piatti over Konoplyanka (for me at least). if you will sell MOTM Suarez then u need either IF Griezmann or SIF Benzema ( I use Griezmann) and that way you can get TOTY Ramos in there.
  • Arthur Hucksake
    Every match i'm having is up against pressure abusing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ who have three on you before you can even hit the pass button. Previously I could deal with them fine with players like Toure in my side and strikers that could handle themselves.

This is actually the least fun i've had on FIFA for years. Switched back to my 80 rated squad and could instantly feel the difference. Everything felt like it would offline, smooth.

Bored of running through mud and about to hold a fire sale. One that makes sure I can never afford a squad like this again to remove temptation.
  • Arthur Hucksake
    Gone from Div 3 down to 8. Hmmm yeah. Bye bye TOTY players, never ever again.
  • Sandell85
    7694 posts League Winner
    use bronze bench :Do:)
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    There's people who crave TOTY players and there's people that can't get them to work... :cry:
    I feel sad for you mate, really do. I hope your experience improves with whatever team you decide to build next :)
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner

Lmao your team is so unbalanced, to get the most
    Out of Messi and Neymar you need to go 4321
  • Kickmaster
    440 posts Sunday League Hero

sad for you
  • Asad97
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite
    Firstly amazing team
    Secondly Hand**** exists
    Thirdly there is not significant difference between a NIF player and their TOTY card when using them in game, their card looks amazing, nice colourful, outstanding attributes, but in game, they are usually the same, shooting slightly better, that is all that changes.
  • Mrwhite207
    56 posts Park Captain
    TOTY Iniesta is unbelievable as a CAM!