The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

How did you invest in TOTY and did it pay off?

Remzy69
2102 posts Fans' Favourite
Unfortunately I spent way to much money on buying them TOTY packs and packing nothing.
But I had 1M spare coins, which I used to invest. Bought like 38 Lewandowski's for 26k and now he is already up to 30k. I'm waiting till he reaches 35k, which hopefully will happen somewhere this week. This means I'm going to make 300k profit. That's not bad is it.

Wondering how you guys invested in TOTY this year.

Comments

• DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    10x SIF Kos @ 80k
    5x 4IF Godin @ 80k
    10x Maxwell @ 10k

Made 200k on Figo too. But he's staying. And 100k on Ozil. But waiting for him to go up more before I sell him.
  • Remzy69
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    10x SIF Kos @ 80k
    5x 4IF Godin @ 80k
    10x Maxwell @ 10k

Made 200k on Figo too. But he's staying. And 100k on Ozil. But waiting for him to go up more before I sell him.

That sounds good! How did you know Figo was going to rise?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2016
    All legends are going up. I wanted him for my team, so that one is more luck than a direct investment. I had Pires for the other side but he's useless, made 50k on him too.

Pretty much anyone of value has been rising since Friday.
  • Remzy69
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    All legends are going up. I wanted him for my team too. I had Pires for the other side but he's useless, made 50k on him too.

Pretty much anyone of value has been rising since Friday.
    True! It was just hard to find the sweet spot this year. I bought a lot on friday and sold on saturday, cuz prices were rising. Then waited for a small drop, which was yesterday night and a part of this morning and bought again.
    I bought some nif Ozil's at 15k today, already sold a couple for 25k, that's easy money.
  • DailyTrader
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tif higuains and cheap bales purchased. Sold for high price. Bale has risen a fair bit since our of packs and TiF higuain was constant trading for Small profits of 5-6k
  • slicknick
    2626 posts Fans' Favourite
    SIF Insigne 80k now 120k

SIF Pjanic 90k now 150k

4IF Godin

TIF Jonas

2x SIF Hamsik

IF Higuain

IF Koulibaly

IF Perisic

IF Bonaventura

IF Mandzukic

lots of Serie A lol

• Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    Didn't have the coins to :lol:
  • Remzy69
    slicknick wrote: »
    SIF Insigne 80k now 120k

SIF Pjanic 90k now 150k

4IF Godin

TIF Jonas

2x SIF Hamsik

IF Higuain

IF Koulibaly

IF Perisic

IF Bonaventura

IF Mandzukic

lots of Serie A lol

That sounds like a nice profit in the make!
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    I built a team and won all 11 matches with it, so it paid off really well.
  • Thehungerstrikes2
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I spent way to much money on buying them TOTY packs and packing nothing.
    But I had 1M spare coins, which I used to invest. Bought like 38 Lewandowski's for 26k and now he is already up to 30k. I'm waiting till he reaches 35k, which hopefully will happen somewhere this week. This means I'm going to make 300k profit. That's not bad is it.

WHat are you going to spend your profit on though? Reinvest or players to play with?

• ZLFC
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2016
    I signed SIF Neymar to use him @ 630k now hes 900k (PS4) :D
  • Littleland95
    17447 posts Moderator
    Low on coins so bougth Lewa for 26k, Reus for 40k, IF Nolito for 22k, IF Andre Andre for 15k, TIF Slimani for 12k and Yaya for 30k. Will make some coins if I sell, but not sure what to do with the coins I'll be sitting on then on Xbox One.

Want to test those players as well.
  • Andyomazing
    374 posts Sunday League Hero

just casually has a spare mil ??
    Like its nothing
  • willdarko
    1102 posts Professional
    Built some cheapish fun teams (couldn't resist trying out TOTY Alves and TIF Higuain) and invested a little:

ac003b3cf75b8030fab46e9cc6509a53.gif

Most at 18-20k on PS, some at 20-22k.
  • Paritlfc
    347 posts Sunday League Hero
    About 150 players between 5-10k and a few informs. Wanting to make 600 overall but might be too overestimated knowing this TOTW is going to be decent
  • FubarRipper
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I didn't plan to invest, was only buying my team during TOTY, but now the team has risen by 800k. I don't intend to sell it and will keep it till TOTS.
  • Cahir85
    2381 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2016
    Started toty with 900k in coins. Now have a team worth 500k and 40 in forms in my tp thay if I sold now for their bin would be worth 1m, so did ok :)

Was quick flipping cards and stacking more with the profit.

Invested in Long, Hamsik, Jonas and Slimani.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13160 posts Has That Special Something
    Invested my 28.5K in SIF Martial, already increased by like 50%. Can't wait for the upgrade, might just keep him to be honest because he looks fantastic.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Invested my 28.5K in SIF Martial, already increased by like 50%. Can't wait for the upgrade, might just keep him to be honest because he looks fantastic.

He's not getting upgraded
  • Toonleew
    2648 posts Fans' Favourite
    The games boring this year and has got stale . Decided to blow it all on packs and just leave 30k for playing the draft mode as thats the only part worth playing. You get to use all the top players so whats the point in ultimate team mode anymore
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13160 posts Has That Special Something

He's not getting upgraded

That's what I thought first too, but now he's been upgraded to a 79 on sofifa.com and I changed my mind.

Either way I'm making a profit.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Toonleew wrote: »
    The games boring this year and has got stale . Decided to blow it all on packs and just leave 30k for playing the draft mode as thats the only part worth playing. You get to use all the top players so whats the point in ultimate team mode anymore

Use silvers.
  • Remzy69

WHat are you going to spend your profit on though? Reinvest or players to play with?
    Build a nice squad I guess and if I have some spare coins I'll invest in some IF's.
  • Toonleew
    2648 posts Fans' Favourite
    Toonleew wrote: »

Use silvers.

They are poor again this year. Not like years ago when they performed better than golds :-)

• Thehungerstrikes2
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park

Build a nice squad I guess and if I have some spare coins I'll invest in some IF's.

But that's the thing.....all player prices have gone through the roof now so you'll be paying a lot more for them than if you had bought during TOTY instead of investing. You'll probably end up with the same balance of coins either way.

• xCamelxSlayer
    71 posts Park Captain
    I think I need to have a look at myself and understand just what the hell is going on and how I play FUT haha..!
    I only ever have about 10k in coins, and only when I played FIFA 13 for about 3 years did I eventually get to 100k...
    How do you guys make enough money just to BEGIN buying top end players!?
    I am a semi decent player most of the time, so I do win coin rewards etc... but at no time in my FUT history have i ever had enough coins to be even looking at 30k+ players, let alone 150k!!

Please... Guide me...!
  • Remzy69

But that's the thing.....all player prices have gone through the roof now so you'll be paying a lot more for them than if you had bought during TOTY instead of investing. You'll probably end up with the same balance of coins either way.

I think buying today is fine. Prices will go up some more I expect and I will sell before they drop back again.

Eitherway, playing with expensive players will cost you money.
  • Kloral
    3710 posts National Call-Up
    All my spare coins in Hagi for 550k. He is now 850k.
  • Koll
    1447 posts Professional
    edited January 2016
    13 4IF Godin for 82-85k
    2 4IF Godin for 106k and 109k

On PS4.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

Sort of. Not all increases are equal.

Pires is up 60k but Figo is up 300k.

I've bought the players I wanted so any profit I make can go on new IF players or wait for TOTS