How to get from Div 3 to Div 1

TonySoprano
264 posts Sunday League Hero
I have been in Div 3 for waay to long, can anyone share any tips to take my game the next level?

Cheers

Comments

• DoD_Jester
    26344 posts Player of the Year
    play just like everyone else, pace, pace, pace, counter attack
  • Antparry92
    17694 posts World Class
    play just like everyone else, pace, pace, pace, counter attack
    Basically.

As sad as it sounds everyone is doing it. I guess that's why i'm stuck in Div 4 haha
  • BcfcDale88
    3720 posts National Call-Up
    I'm
    Also stuck in div 3 can't seem to defend against quick dribble
  • pittphan
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    I feel your pain fellas. I have been stuck in D2 since the last patch. Before that I climbed the division straight through... but now the gamplay has changed a lot and EA has really gone overboard trying to "Balance" the game play. I basically go 3-4-3 over and over again by have continuous W-D-L results. I think part of it is me needing to adjust to the changes since the patch, but the other part is that EA really dumbed the game down so there are very few effective ways to score anymore. Before the patch, cutting in from the wing was deadly, now it is just spamming short through balls between the Cb's and people hoping for a lucky bounce. Game has really regressed a lot.
  • SurpriseBlues
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    pittphan wrote: »
    I feel your pain fellas. I have been stuck in D2 since the last patch. Before that I climbed the division straight through... but now the gamplay has changed a lot and EA has really gone overboard trying to "Balance" the game play. I basically go 3-4-3 over and over again by have continuous W-D-L results. I think part of it is me needing to adjust to the changes since the patch, but the other part is that EA really dumbed the game down so there are very few effective ways to score anymore. Before the patch, cutting in from the wing was deadly, now it is just spamming short through balls between the Cb's and people hoping for a lucky bounce. Game has really regressed a lot.

Or you're not very good and don't play enough to improve
  • lettinloose
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Embrace the sweat
  • Cadey 5
    10478 posts Has That Special Something
    what is your team?
  • Fab
    17851 posts World Class
    if ur teams not pace, pace it up mate.
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fab wrote: »
    if ur teams not pace, pace it up mate.

• pittphan
    edited January 2016

I play every night. 3-4 games at least. I ran up the divisions and began D1 on the first day of the final patch. Got relegated and been in D2 ever since. I'd love to play you.... we shall see who is "not very good?"
    My Gt is the same as my username. I am free to play 7pm EST.
  • pittphan
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »
    I'm
    Also stuck in div 3 can't seem to defend against quick dribble

The only thing that has really helped me is using the teammate pressure/contain when they get into or close to the box, it will basically bring an extra man in to help with blocking shots and pass angles. The best players can use this (Rb) and then controll another player to cut passing lanes at any part of the pitch... a lot of D2/D1 players are really good a cutting passing lanes. It is even more difficult to beat than high pressure... because you have to be both a good passer and a good dribbler to break it down.
  • SurpriseBlues

I play every night. 3-4 games at least. I ran up the divisions and began D1 on the first day of the final patch. Got relegated and been in D2 ever since. I'd love to play you.... we shall see who is "not very good?"

I'm UK bud and I'm in Div 1. I won't be playing FIFA at 12 pm gmt sorry to disappoint you.
  • TonySoprano
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2016
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    what is your team?

Here are my teams, I've got enough pace but I'm considering changing to 41212(2) as I always get hit on the counter :

image0bbd2.jpg

imagecb11b.jpg

I have a manager so Tevez is on 8chem btw
  • Antparry92
    17694 posts World Class
    From division 1-2 to division 6 now that I've just lost my last game :joy:
  • Hippyboy6
    16885 posts World Class

Ooooh gauntlet has been thrown down, stream that shizzle
  • Rymzter
    63 posts Park Captain

I'm UK bud and I'm in Div 1. I won't be playing FIFA at 12 pm gmt sorry to disappoint you.

I'll play u don't be scared homie. Gt is username
  • SurpriseBlues
    Rymzter wrote: »

Can you be on earlier
  • SurpriseBlues

On any earlier
  • DoD_Jester
    26344 posts Player of the Year

rather play dodgeball amirite :trollface:
  • Rymzter
    63 posts Park Captain
    Rymzter wrote: »

Can you be on earlier

I'm on now dont be scared blue eyes
  • pittphan

I understand... after all that would be past your bed time. However, I will be happy to play on the weekend. I will follow up this Saturday, when I can play around 7pm gmt and mum will have served supper by then...
  • SurpriseBlues

I understand... after all that would be past your bed time. However, I will be happy to play on the weekend. I will follow up this Saturday, when I can play around 7pm gmt and mum will have served supper by then...

Well I have to wake up at 6:30 am and with a maths exam tomorrow I would prefer sleep ngl
  • Fab
    17851 posts World Class
    pittphan 1 - 0 blues tbf
  • SurpriseBlues
    pittphan 1 - 0 blues tbf

Kurt beat me 3-2 so I think I will win
  • Hippyboy6
    16885 posts World Class
    pittphan 1 - 0 blues tbf

Is this law of averages, lost the last one so will win this one

:trollface:
  • pittphan

Well I have to wake up at 6:30 am and with a maths exam tomorrow I would prefer sleep ngl

alright... fair enough... you are a child, as I should have understood from your initial post. I'll let you be... G/L on maths... I heard Kurt got a "B" so you should be all set.
  • Antparry92
    17694 posts World Class
    pittphan 1 - 0 blues tbf

Kurt isn't good :joy:
  • Cadey 5
    10478 posts Has That Special Something
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    pittphan 1 - 0 blues tbf