Ot. Did anyone watch the haye fight? (Spoiler)

La flama blanca
412 posts Sunday League Hero
What a joke lol. I can't remember the other guy even throwing a punch. He'd give it all the Barry mcguigan about how he was gonna fight dirty and that to beat him and ended up getting proper cleaned out. Can't remember the last time I saw a boxer staying down for so long.

Comments

• hoban95
    49169 posts FIFA Cover Star
    :joy: Nice enough to allow everyone to watch MOTD!
  • WFCBagnall
    70571 posts Moderator
    Is Storage Hunters on now?
  • La flama blanca
    edited January 2016
    I didn't know anything about the Aussie but he had a decent record so thought with haye being away for so long is it a gimme? I really wish I'd taken up the betfair new customer offer or 3/1 on haye.
  • Keano
    13441 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah he can't of even have thrown 10 punches & didn't see any land properly, it proves Haye still has a decent punch on him, but it doesn't show anything else, so will have to wait for his next fight to see if he's "back" or not.
  • La flama blanca
    Exactly what I thought keano. He was going on about Joshua next. To be honest I would like to see that fight but at the same time I wouldn't want to see either lose as I love Joshua but have always liked haye. You just can't really judge haye on that fight. He does look in good shape though
  • Keano
    Well he's put on more weight so looks less of a pretty boy or show off with abs & all that, & actually had more of a heavyweights body, I think AJ is a bit too early in his career to fight a former champ & a loss to Haye would mean AJ would have to wait for Haye to have a shot before him, but I don't know who would win. Aj has the reach as well as power, but Haye if he can get in close enough he'll hit you with some knockout shots & Aj got wobbled against Whyte a bit int he second, I feel Haye would have the experience to finish him if that happened.
  • La flama blanca
    Yeah I'd be worried he'd be a bit too much for Joshua. Hayes always had good speed to go with his power and like u say Joshua was a punch away from being ko'd by white. Not sure where hate goes from here to be honest
  • P1stolpete187
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    I blinked and that big lump of **** was on the canvas, I could of put up more of a fight than him
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    Yea I guess I should have seen it coming. Id never heArd of the guy but his record was quite impressive so I expected him to put up a good fight but it really was a gimme.

Would like to see him fight Wilder really but I can't see it. The obvious choice would be Fury but I think he'll lose the belts to Klitscko in the summer.
  • 0113MB
    910 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah haye looks powerful enough yet way more technichal than joshua so i wannna see that

Fury tho come on my lad retire haye
  • Keano
    Well the guy he faced was #10 ranked heavyweight, so I'd expected it to go say 4-6 rounds, the options I see happening are AJ or Fury, purely because it'll make the promoters the most money (I can't see any big named fighter coming to take on a 35 year old haye who's returning from 3 years out), Fury I hope beats Klitschko again, purely because Klitshckos reign needs to be over for the heavyweight division to progress, both the brothers are class boxers but they haven't been entertaining to watch for years.