Best way to defend after patch?

TonySoprano
264 posts Sunday League Hero
I just came back after a little break and LT defending seems soo ineffective now, what's the best way to defend??

Comments

• WesWalker17
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I just came back after a little break and LT defending seems soo ineffective now, what's the best way to defend??

Don't defend let the AI do it for you, yes its not pretty but every scrub does exactly this and your not going to win div 1 without it. On the other hand if you want to defend manually depending on the situation you find yourself in there LT of RB. LT is good at shutting off the direct run and he just runs into your defender. RB is great at trapping someone at the wing position or as a last ditch manoeuvre. Don't ever hold RB especially against passers they will tear you to shreds. In my case please hold RB all game I will love you forever. But in all defending is still broken and there's not much you can really do as I find that the AI takes over and messes up all my defending options any way
  • TonySoprano
    264 posts Sunday League Hero

Don't defend let the AI do it for you, yes its not pretty but every scrub does exactly this and your not going to win div 1 without it. On the other hand if you want to defend manually depending on the situation you find yourself in there LT of RB. LT is good at shutting off the direct run and he just runs into your defender. RB is great at trapping someone at the wing position or as a last ditch manoeuvre. Don't ever hold RB especially against passers they will tear you to shreds. In my case please hold RB all game I will love you forever. But in all defending is still broken and there's not much you can really do as I find that the AI takes over and messes up all my defending options any way

Thanks for your response and sorry for the slow reply.

I didn't realise things had gotten so bad, defending was fine before the patch! Anyway what is the best way to let Al do the defending, is it to flick the analogue to an attacker? Or use the right bumper?

@WesWalker17
  • WesWalker17
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Thanks for your response and sorry for the slow reply.

I didn't realise things had gotten so bad, defending was fine before the patch! Anyway what is the best way to let Al do the defending, is it to flick the analogue to an attacker? Or use the right bumper?

@WesWalker17

That's something I have not yet mastered, no one on the forum will tell you either. They treat it as some big secret the same as the speed boost at the end of a skill move. It's basically cheating