Help please. I'm extremely out of form.

NVS_Whiskey
377 posts Sunday League Hero
This is my first post here but I've been an active lurker. I'm coming here for some serious help.
I know most of what I'll get is things like "Get good." or "Stop sucking." but when this game launched I had a fairly good record. I was at around 115-35-60(ish.)

For some reason over the past 4-5 weeks I've watched my record go from that, to 147-69-138. I can barely score let alone win a game. I've had good luck with packs so good players isn't the issue. I've managed to pack 2 TOTY Alves that have allowed me to make a pretty solid team. (in my opinion.)

I'm really struggling on all fronts. Defending, Attacking, keeping possession, and just about everything else. I've tried changing teams, formations, tactics, and player instructions. I've watched videos, watched tutorials and practiced in single player excessively. None of it has helped in the least.

Right now my team looks like this.
4-1-2-1-2
GK : IF Kevin Trapp

RB : IF Serge Aurier (Stay back while attacking.)
CB : IF Thiago Silva
CB : IF Naldo
LB : David Alaba

CDM : IF Marco Verratti
LM : Marco Reus
RM : SIF Angel Di' Maria (Stay forward while defending.)
CAM : Legend Heinrikk Larsson

ST: SIF Pierre-Emerik Aubameyang (Get in behind.)
ST: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Target man.)

Everyone is on 10 chem.

Honestly I don't know what I'm doing different. A month or so ago I had no problem putting 4 or 5 in the back of the net and now I can't even get a pass off. I'm having a really rough time and I'm in need of some advice. It feels like every game I'm stuck in my half of the field defending for my life. Whenever I clear the ball or manage to get out I have no options for attacking. It seems like my player is alone in the middle of nowhere and swarmed by defenders.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The frustration is real.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SebUn21
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    You have just a very good team. Build a 150-200k team with more 'regular' and less IFs and you'll be more successfull. Just give it a shot.
  • Kove
    4351 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2016
    Just on paper your team is WAY to attack focused, you have 5 forwards.

Also, the formation you have chosen doesn't work as well as previous years (have a look at Jukez's guide for more on that). Verratti is great but small and not brilliant as a single cdm
  • SebUn21
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Kove wrote: »
    Just on paper your team is WAY to attack focused, you have 5 forwards.

Also, the formation you have chosen doesn't with as well as previous years (have a look at Jukez's guide for more on that). Verratti is great but small and not brilliant as a single cdm

This too. Try better for a 4-3-3 if you like wingers. I was playing 3-4-1-2 and changed it to 4-3-3 and got some improvement since then.
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    Watch YouTube tutorials from reputed players, and gameplay in general. Also, what Kove said.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Well, I really want to use Aubameyang and Zlatan. Any recommendations for a supporting cast that isn't so attack-minded? Obviously Vidal or Matuidi at CDM would be a good choice. Is there a better formation that I should be using? I've played around with 4-3-2-1 but I didn't have any luck there either. It just feels like no one is making runs or making themselves available for a pass. The mid-field is so congested with opposing players that every pass just gets picked off or immediately stolen back.
  • CFC-shazaam
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    Veratti at CDM seems problematic.

Also maybe try a new formation which has numbers in the midfield that way more stable attacking/defending .
  • NotTheMuffinMan
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have Vidal and Matuidi in a 433-4. Zlatan up front. Movers similar to your team. If you like 2 forwards try 41212-2 and choose 4 solid midfielders. Also boateng is probably a better choice than IF Naldo. Also Neuer is a much better goalkeeper than trapp IMO
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Imo it's not always the squad that's the problem. You need to slow down and get back to the basics. Focus on your defensive positioning. Don't get into the dive bombing forward game all the time. Mix it up with some slower progressive buildup. Learn the details of the moves you like to do. These steps really helped me after a rough start to 16.
  • DonMega
    1256 posts Professional
    try 4231? I find I need 2 cdms this year.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1914 posts Play-Off Hero
    Switch to a 433 variant and you have to keep calm against the high pressure otherwise you wont be able to survive
  • Arsenalfan97
    8143 posts League Winner
    3 of your defenders of high medium Naldo, Alaba and aurier. Veratti at cdm simply won't work on his own he is too short and weak. Also 4-1-2-1-2 wide is not as effective as it used to be.
  • WHU18
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Use non rare with one top player
  • Xaini29
    1999 posts Fans' Favourite
    @NVS_Whiskey try this for the sake of it, change rating of team (if its 82 --make it 83 or 83), add in one or two new players and change formation

see the magic right after;)
  • Getbanged_2015
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    You're just bad
  • Italiaash
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You're just bad
    but not as bad as you.

• PelzyWelzy
    10273 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2016
    I made a post very similar to this about a month back. Went from being positive in the win columns and going for promotion to Div 2 to all of a sudden only having 2 draws in 26 games, losing each and every one of the others and dropping to Div 7, where I would usually spank people all over the place. I was spitting feathers (metaphorically - much more realistic was my growing urge to kill any who dare speak to me) and just couldn't put my finger on it. Then, out of no where, someone suggested checking my controller as it sounded like something he had experienced before. Turns out the sensor was faulty, so was getting micropaused button delay, especially with direction, and stuff like that. Sometimes signal would just cut out all together, if only for a second. I thought the whole idea was nuts at first but low and behold got a new controller and everything went back to normal straight away.

Seriously, try a new or different control. It sounds like yours may be on its way out also.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Seems like it's got to the stage when your team has turnt to sh it.
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    Change formation

Try 41212(2), 433(2), 433(4), 4312...
  • BrettO
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    just try this,b4 passing just wait(if you have time)a moment longer than you normally do,always looking for runs.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe having a break will help? not sure but it sounds like you might be trying too hard. Imo I would also change the team completely and try any formation like 343 and just play like I don't care. Don't listen to what formation people say is good or which player etc. I mean who cares just throw caution out the window and you never know it might just click.
  • red2mik
    447 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lots of helpful stuff. Had the same issue for me. I would try different things. Change formation maybe change the team a bit. Also really focus on the basics. Don't force it and also don't over think it. I often get bad if I want to try a certain play or move I just learned or think should be effective, and end up trying to force things which never works. If I'm on a losing streak I also tend to use the sprint button to often, cause I want to get forward and get some victory's "fast", so use sprinting only dosed and aimed. Don't get frantic.
    Don't doubt yourself to much and don't rage too much, to many bad emotions are obstructive for playing. Maybe you're overplayed and just need to take a break for some days...
    Hope you'll come back winning soon!
  • Italiaash
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 2016
    Your not the only one, I was in Division 4 with 7 points with 4 matches remaining to avoid relegation. 3 seasons later I'm now all the way down in 7, and struggling to win matches.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I Ended up changing the team around a bunch. Pretty much the only players I kept were SIF Aubameyang, Alaba and Reus. Switched to a 433-4 and added in a Bundesliga only cast. Threw in Lahm, Vidal and IF Muller in the midfield backed up by Boetang and IF Hummels. Neuer in goal. I'm seeing some improvement but it's still not what it used to be. I did manage to get out of division 6 and halfway through 5 with a 3-0-2 record. Just trying to get back to Div. 2. Everything just feels different.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Italiaash wrote: »
    Your not the only one, I was in Division 4 with 7 points with 4 matches remaining to avoid relegation. 3 seasons later I'm now all the way down in 7, and struggling to win matches.

I feel your pain I swear it's like all of a sudden my team just turned to Chelsea. I very nearly made it to Div. 1 about 3 weeks ago. Now I'm sweating trying not to get relegated from Div. 5 and 6. Was there an update or patch released in the last few weeks or something? If not, then the only explanation is that my team just decided to mutiny and now they refuse to play for me.
  • Congratulations your skill level and team rating are now high enough to qualify for getting a cap, of the handy variety.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    Congratulations your skill level and team rating are now high enough to qualify for getting a cap, of the handy variety.

If things keep going the way they are I will need a handicap. At the moment you could spare me 2 goals a game and I would probably still lose...Badly.
  • NVS_Whiskey
    red2mik wrote: »
    Lots of helpful stuff. Had the same issue for me. I would try different things. Change formation maybe change the team a bit. Also really focus on the basics. Don't force it and also don't over think it. I often get bad if I want to try a certain play or move I just learned or think should be effective, and end up trying to force things which never works. If I'm on a losing streak I also tend to use the sprint button to often, cause I want to get forward and get some victory's "fast", so use sprinting only dosed and aimed. Don't get frantic.
    Don't doubt yourself to much and don't rage too much, to many bad emotions are obstructive for playing. Maybe you're overplayed and just need to take a break for some days...
    Hope you'll come back winning soon!

I have noticed myself aggressively using the RT and sprinting a lot. I think it's more frustration than anything else. I just keep conceding ridiculous goals every game. It's a long shot from 40 yards out or a corner that bounces around the penalty box and happens to find itself in the back of my net. Some manner of insanely unusual goal every game. Anyone else been having this lately? I had enough when Jackson Martinez put one in from about 35 yards (off-axis, and off-footed.) into the far post side of the goal. I mean, seriously?