Next FUT players should be able to play multiple positions

Meroblastic91
429 posts An Exciting Prospect
It's just a joke that you can convert John Obi Mikel to striker and Lord Bendtner to CDM, while Philip Lahm get's just 2 chem at RB or Pavel Nedved 2 chem at CAM.
I'm no expert but it shouldn't be too hard to include this in to the game? Players already have multiple positions in career mode and regular online seasons. It would be nice if the players in FUT could get converted to the positions they also master in career and regular online seasons.
Would bring a whole new dimension to team building, look at how ham people go when an IF has a position change..

Comments

• NooBish AbbZ
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    or maybe you could get Lahm (for example) in two different positions. So one card Rb, another, seperate card, CDM
  • Reus
    22442 posts Club Captain
    Get rid of position change cards

They should only be able to play their preferred positions
  • Kizler
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    Should be like football manager can play in only their preferred positions. After that they lose chem and play worse.
  • Pugzilla
    15857 posts World Class
    Ronaldo, Neymar, and Messi as ten chem ST whenever I want :love:
  • xciljw
    4971 posts Big Money Move
    Why are we bound to certain positions at all? In b4 Neuer officially used as striker.
  • I've always thought UT is too rigid when it come to positions. I get that it would open up the floodgates to people sticking Ronaldo and whoever the hell they want at ST without a chem reduction, but isn't that what the whole essence of your "ultimate" team is about?

I don't use formations with wingers and would love to try players like Neymar in a central role but can't unless I use a formation I don't like, thus rendering some of the best players on the game completely useless to me.
  • Meroblastic91
    429 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Reus wrote: »

That would mean you won't be able to play a 433 gold formation with bundesliga teams on full chem since there are no golden LW's in the bundesliga. Also, complete lack of RF's LF's and CF's in the game. Would be awful imo.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2016

Nonsense. In the real world players play multiple positions in the same game and will change from week to week.

LW/LM/RW/RM/CAM/CM/CF are clearly not mutually exclusive positions. Gareth Bale can easily play all of those (as can Sterling and Walcott).

Very few players are one position only (perhaps some full backs and strikers aside).
  • UM4R
    3848 posts Moderator
    Even saying this for some time, players should only be able to play in positions that are listed in their bio. So could convert Messi from wing to St, but not ramires to St. Would make it easier to create your ultimate team.
  • Addicksfan
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    Get rid of pos change cards altogether and each card should have the poisitions they can play and at what chem for example:-

Lahm could be used at CDM and RB with 10 chem and CM 8 chem
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Get rid of pos change cards altogether and each card should have the poisitions they can play and at what chem for example:-

This and it should visually drop their overall and stats as it does in H2H if Im not mistaken.
  • Peter69hc
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    I agree,

But let's get things straight, position cards etc are used to fill packs, remember the formation cards? They were only taken out because they had a replacement
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class

• Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something

This

• Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    UM4R wrote: »
    Even saying this for some time, players should only be able to play in positions that are listed in their bio. So could convert Messi from wing to St, but not ramires to St. Would make it easier to create your ultimate team.
    Ultimate team which reflects real life*

• Well no one in EA care what you want. Your money is what matter. :|
  • AdamLallana
    905 posts An Exciting Prospect
    A bit like in kick off where some players have multiple positons where they dont lose stats. Something like that would be cool
  • BLXmasta
    791 posts Semi-Pro
    Addicksfan wrote: »

This ^^^^

Used to able to do this in PES 10,11,12 etc in online master league ribery had like 7 positions he could play in, he was rated 89 in lm/lw and if you played him rm/rw he went down to 85/86 rated

some players actually increased their base rating if you moved them into another position

c7cacb7aed6fb2c649abaed435b01f18.png
  • Whoman
    5306 posts Big Money Move
    At the very least, it makes no sense that RW --> CAM gives less chem than RM ---> CM.