Why is offline so hard this year?

TomBrooks95
187 posts Sunday League Hero
Last year I was easily beating Legendary difficulty 4-0 or 5-0, but this year I am struggling to even beat World Class. I just don't understand how a team full of players with 85+ pace are constantly getting outpaced by some 50 paced centre back and my strikers who have over 80 shooting miss sitters, yet 60 rated strikers for the AI scores screamers. It just makes no sense to me. Any tips on how to actually win, or is offline broken?

Comments

• ChrisLFC
    7032 posts Big Money Move
    Because of OP interceptions. It's a lot harder to maintain possession. Small clubs like West Brom can pass around the back like Barcelona when trying to close out a 0-0 draw as well.
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    I nearly lost on pen to Eibar your telling me lol
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    its because EA are slowly but surely removing the ability to farm coins by playing games.

rather than just come out and say it, and risk the backlash. they just make the game impossible.

ive won div one offline. it was disgusting and made me hate the game.

never again.

• TomBrooks95
    187 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2016
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Because of OP interceptions. It's a lot harder to maintain possession. Small clubs like West Brom can pass around the back like Barcelona when trying to close out a 0-0 draw as well.

Try getting beat 2-0 by Oxford using this team though.

2cypuld.png

It's a joke!

• Hujaber
    4842 posts Big Money Move
    Because EA want you to play online, to lose, and think I need better team, but wait I need coins!!!! Let's open some packs, you open few you have some coins, you buy a team or class A player, you win a game or 2, then you start to lose, and you think, your team is not good enough, I won before so surly it's not me: so you open packs again.
  • TonySoprano
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hujaber wrote: »
    Because EA want you to play online, to lose, and think I need better team, but wait I need coins!!!! Let's open some packs, you open few you have some coins, you buy a team or class A player, you win a game or 2, then you start to lose, and you think, your team is not good enough, I won before so surly it's not me: so you open packs again.

• torcids
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    Something is not right with offline version, upgrade your team and your team plays even worse. Lately I've have been struggling on Pro setting even though before I was competitive on World class.
  • Hujaber
    4842 posts Big Money Move
    I won last year offline Dev 1 legendary, I used to beat toty on legendary level. This year I played couple of fut draft online. Garbage
  • Hibee
    11849 posts Has That Special Something
    The problem is that Professional is easy but World Class the computer suddenly changes into the biggest d**k you will find. Passing the ball about at the back, park the bus, playing the ball to the corner flag. And this is at 0-0. It's not worth the stress.
  • torcids
    Hibee wrote: »
    The problem is that Professional is easy but World Class the computer suddenly changes into the biggest d**k you will find. Passing the ball about at the back, park the bus, playing the ball to the corner flag. And this is at 0-0. It's not worth the stress.

Professional was too easy about a month ago, upgraded my team last week and started getting destroyed on World Class. Tried Proffesional even worse. Legendary seems okay for some reason, But always get scored on in the 90th minute.
  • pittphan
    3019 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2016
    I used to play offline only in past years and it was enjoyable in 13 and 14... 15 it got harder, but was nothing compared to 16. The FUT16 offline AI is broken on anything above professional. I have made numerous posts on here about this since week one of the game and it does not seem to matter to enough people because they mostly play online. I cannot believe that EA, who supposedly play and test their own game, do not know about this. They have never acknowledged it, so I can only assume this is intentional and this is what they want. The effect is pushing everyone into the online game (of chance - most days) to keep them eternally befuddled. It has worked on me because now I only play online... which I never would have expected! But offline is unplayable. I think most D1-D3 online players on here used to not play offline because it was too easy, now I think they don't play it because it is too hard.
  • torcids
    You want the game to be fun, I want to be challenged so winning 4-0 constntly is not fun for me but also losing on cheezy goals every game isn't either. Where my players make stupid passes all game. Defence craps the bed in 90tn minute every game. That's why they have different setting of difficulty but that is completely whacked this year. All over the place. Every playing game for me is completely different.
  • KN1GHT3R
    1 posts Ball Boy
    used to play fifa a lot but this year its a joke tots season godin struggles to get neymar of the ball on ultimate difficulty.and they play more sweaty then people online no fun at all.
  • NornIron
    11115 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah the worst thing is world class and above the computer is far faster and stronger like G.Best with a 5 yard head start shouldnt be caught up by Kjaer 66 pace. I usually have around 90% pass acc but the computer is something like 96+
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    Play beautiful is fifa16 message but their offline mode esp world class is world class in time wasting and passing backwards.
  • Mr. Soper
    2553 posts Fans' Favourite
    computer does what it wants. All of a sudden a 2 star team will start passing like legends. and for some reason the computer scores from crosses all day, while I NEVER can!!!
  • Skywalker42O
    2522 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thought I was the only one struggling offline, didn't want to say anything though lol
  • Astro_Ry
    1217 posts Professional
    What the hell are you all talking about? I've walked thru the random offline game (in Div 2 on Ultimate season) scoring 4-5 no problems.

• MeanOnSunday
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    I feel the same; in previous years you could get whatever level of challenge you wanted and it actually made a difference what team you were playing against. If you had a top quality team then you could outplay the AI even on the highest difficulty, but if you used weaker teams you would have a tough challenge.

This year I wouldn't even consider using a silver or bronze team on WC and it makes no difference who you play. Some random team from Norway can play like Barca, and even if you play solid defense the AI can turn onto his weak foot and fire a 60 yard ball from the touch line for the striker to outmuscle 3 defenders at the penalty spot and send a header past your keeper.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4633 posts National Call-Up
    Works class seems a joke this year, in all the tears Ive been playing FIFA I played on WC and it was enjoyable this year I can't even stand playing offline or career mode as professional is tedious and boring and you get done over like online. I'll have app th shots all the possession to load 1-0 to a corner
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4183 posts National Call-Up
    Literally every goal the CPU scores is a bullet. Legendary is easier than world class. Something is wrong with world class and has been since the start. Professional is too easy most of the time. The tournments for tots say professional but it seems to change from game to game. I normally score between 4-8 on professional but the tots tournaments I was struggling to get 4 on most.
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    i beat div one ultimate on full manual settings this year.

but was in fun? no

have i played offline mode since? no

football games are supposed to be fun and make you keep playing. fifa 16 makes you question even owning a games console. its disgusting.

if you guys want to beat the CPU learn manual settings. i feel that when you used assisted passes the CPU knows where to run and block your passes. with full manual you can stop that happening.
  • BPM
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ever since the last title update I have struggled against the AI. I could win games 3-0 on Ultimate and now I can barely win on World Class. It really is a joke. Bad enough that prizes are worst than previous years but its now more difficult to win. I was in division 1 and have be relegated to 3.
    #MakeFIFAGreatAgain
  • Ulook92
    12459 posts Has That Special Something
    Iv struggled with offline for years now. Its enraging. You can be getting the better of them , then like a flick of the switch Accrington Stanley will just start destroying you. You cant get near the ball. Miss 99% of tackles by milimeters.

Another thing that annoys me is that its the AI which is to blame for everyone's bad habits. I wonder where people learned to run down the wing and pass back from the bi line. I wonder where people learned to waste time by passing around the back.

Really does boil my blood !
  • Aggtheman
    341 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't know how you can struggle offline, one fake shot sends the defenders. It understand that they keep the ball well but that's always been the way with offline, its boring AF but not hard.