Thoughts on this team?

Joe Hartless
310 posts Sunday League Hero
Before I get absolutely slated for playing 5 ATB, let me explain. I would much prefer to play 3 ATB but there are many more fullbacks who can attack than wingers who can defend. Think of it as a 41212 narrow with the fullbacks pushed higher up the pitch and the CDM dropping deeper as a CB. Anyways, I have a very limited budget, I've used up all my coins on this team, so I decided to keep it simple and stick with a single league.

Thoughts on the defence and CM's mainly? BBVA has so many fullback options that it's hard to decide.
qkiNOVz.png

Comments

• Jfo88
    22621 posts Club Captain
    looks boring tbh but if that's what you enjoy go for it
  • tauras
    3697 posts National Call-Up
    Ye nothing unique bout it your basic BBVA team but like jfo88 said if works for you that's all that matters.
  • Everton1878
    2181 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wouldn't have MAshcerano as the middle CB. I'd always prefer a tall guy in the middle as he's most likely to defend headers.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    You should try 352 with full backs at LM/RM ( well rounded ones). Works well apparently. Danilo is an excellent choice for that.

Other than that. Why do you have your shortest CB central? Get Varane and put Godin in the middle.

Generally I don't like 5ATB, its too negative. Your choice of players generally is good however, Rakitic is a fantastic CM and your strikers compliment each other well.

If I was to make upgrades for the midfield and attack, maybe James for Isco eventually? Marcelo or Alba at LWB.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Bartra is godly.

I can't stand either of those strikers. Both did nothing for me.
  • Get de marcos and amrabat
  • Keano
    13426 posts Has That Special Something
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    looks boring tbh but if that's what you enjoy go for it

• Joe Hartless
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    You should try 352 with full backs at LM/RM ( well rounded ones). Works well apparently. Danilo is an excellent choice for that.

Other than that. Why do you have your shortest CB central? Get Varane and put Godin in the middle.

Generally I don't like 5ATB, its too negative. Your choice of players generally is good however, Rakitic is a fantastic CM and your strikers compliment each other well.

If I was to make upgrades for the midfield and attack, maybe James for Isco eventually? Marcelo or Alba at LWB.
    coatsy2008 wrote: »

My OCD won't allow me to do the 352 with wingbacks. And I have Mascherano because in a 3/5 ATB I much prefer to have a ball playing CB in the middle. Once I have enough for Pique he's going straight into the team.