OT: Have you tried the Xbox One Game streaming to Win 10 PC yet?

WoodyDaCuak
954 posts An Exciting Prospect
I tried it for the first time last night, and I was surprised it worked so well (Witcher 3 only).

Played it with an old x360 controller :)

There was no lag whatsoever (ethernet, no wifi), but it struggled to render correctly very fine text (i.e. browsing through inventory and stuff).

Anywho, good option when the main TV is occupied by the Mrs :lol:

Comments

• Azof
    16992 posts World Class
    Still can't decide if I want witcher or not
  • WoodyDaCuak
    Azof wrote: »
    Still can't decide if I want witcher or not

Is good, but starts a little slow.
  • I used it a lot since it came out for the preview testers. I works really well. Slow can be related to the lan\wifi connection. I can use the max quality because of my graphic card but appart of that pretty pretty awesome.
  • Bergkamp10
    714 posts Sunday League Hero
    I still don't understand how this works.

Is there a step by step guide somewhere?
  • WoodyDaCuak
    Bergkamp10 wrote: »
    I still don't understand how this works.

Is there a step by step guide somewhere?

Probably in the Xbox support website.
    But here is what I did:
    - Start your Xbox One and connect it to your home network (wired is usually preferred)
    - Go to your Win10 PC, log in with same Microsoft account you have for your Xbox live gamertag. and open up the Xbox app (not to confuse with the Xbox Live app)
    - I think you can open the Xbox app and log in with any other account, but in my case is the same as the Windows log in account so it loads automatically.
    - On the Xbox app, on the left hand side, click on the "connect" icon (usually the second to last icon)
    - An "Add device" window will pop up and display the xbox one it could find, select yours and click Connect.
    - Once connected, you will have the option to Stream, you can also test the streaming, and will run some sort of benchmark (takes like 1 min or so) and give you results.

You need to have a controller connected to your PC. To connect an Xbox one controller all you need is the USB cable.
    I'm using an X360 controller with a wireless receiver that I got like 9 years ago (Microsoft used to make them).

good luck!