Guide to the False 9 formation: 4-3-3 (5) - by Carswell and Xciljw

Comments

  • sayyam
    644 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2016
    .
    Post edited by sayyam on
  • BlitzersNL
    24147 posts Club Captain
    Hmmm..Potential TIF Jonas at CF
  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    2 teams for 50k and 1 team for 100k please.
    @CaptainAfricaBl Hope you like them!

    50k Squads
    3014ec62541988d7a59a773829116fd7.jpg
    48e612ef1ad0d96ad0d987dd83692ee1.jpg

    100k Squad
    8f9092c6692ef9b69e42510148a2d345.jpg

    I'm struggling this year in fifa. Last year I would win div 1 with ease and this year I have been in div 2 and 3 any words of advice

    Can't say a lot about this as I have not seen you play or anything like that, but something which really helps is not rushing your play. If you play it a little safer and a little slower going forward, it will be easier to find the right player to pass the ball to. For me the idea in my head of playing it slow during games always helped.

  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    Cracking stuff lads. Well done @xciljw & @Carswell :+1:

    Just about copying one of @Carswell's teams made me love this formation.

    @KingLionel10 Thanks a lot mate! Aprreciate this.
    Amazing guide. So well written. Learned a lot and am looking forward to trying the formation soon from both perspectives. Thanks guys! :)

    @Khangaskhan17 Let me know what you think. The perspectives are not too different and only differ on some minor points in the formation, but we thought it would be really helpful to tell people about both of them. Hope both (or at least 1 perspective) will be great for you.
    COACH wrote: »
    Great job guys!

    @COACH Thanks so much!
  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    Nice in depth guide, I think I'll do a mixture of your guide combined with @FCK_Benz 's guide. Best CF in your opinion guys?

    @Remzy69 Thanks a lot! @FCK_Benz provided a little different perspective from our guide, so his guide (playing LW/RW as LF/RF at CF for instance) will provide you with lots of perspectives on the False 9 formation together with this one. Talking about NIFs I think Zlatan is probably the player to go with for me. 94 Suarez looks great if you have unlimited coins :#
  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    Lynk wrote: »
    Messi or ibra motm as cf?

    @Lynk MOTM Ibra for me. Unless you prefer the pace at CF, then you should go with Messi. Ibra MOTM is basically better at anything ingame, except for a couple of stats. To compare the two of them on ingame stats, please click here.
  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    rckstr wrote: »
    Very nice guide guys. Tempted to give this a go, not done so yet this year but the guide has persuaded me.

    Do your wingers get involved a lot in goal scoring chances?

    @rckstr Thanks a lot! I often skill myself or dribble myself through the box with the wingers and even if you don't dribble or skill with them often, they are instructed to cut in, so they will make their way into the box. So you wil often get into a scoring chance and some finishing is required on your wingers to score these chances obviously.
  • BlitzersNL
    24147 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2016
    custom-31981.jpg

    Danilo should be IF
  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2016

    @DtGodmage22 Looks like excellent teams mate. :) On the second team you could try Sneijder CM over Inan as well with Robin van Persie as CF if you want, but the way it is right now it looks decent.
  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    sayyam wrote: »
    pogba at cf?

    @sayyam I think he is better as CM, but he has some of the qualities to play CF as well. His ingame stat on finishing is only 70, so that is what is keeping me back to call him a good player as centre forward. But I haven't really tried him there, so my judgement is only based on stats.
  • sayyam
    644 posts Sunday League Hero
    xciljw wrote: »
    sayyam wrote: »
    pogba at cf?

    @sayyam I think he is better as CM, but he has some of the qualities to play CF as well. His ingame stat on finishing is only 70, so that is what is keeping me back to call him a good player as centre forward. But I haven't really tried him there, so my judgement is only based on stats.

    thoughts on this team http://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa16/squad/1211673
  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    Hmmm..Potential TIF Jonas at CF
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    custom-31981.jpg

    Danilo should be IF

    @BlitzersNL Jonas looks like a very decent false 9, especially if he is getting a TIF and later potentially an upgrade.

    On the team: think my right side would be Hulk, Witsel and Smolnikov. LB IF Jefferson with Oliveira besides him. In goal I would play Casilla or Keylor Navas to get Pepe full chem. Possibly André André instead of Silva but the rest of the positions stay as they are. Would make a better team if you ask me.
  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    sayyam wrote: »
    xciljw wrote: »
    sayyam wrote: »
    pogba at cf?

    @sayyam I think he is better as CM, but he has some of the qualities to play CF as well. His ingame stat on finishing is only 70, so that is what is keeping me back to call him a good player as centre forward. But I haven't really tried him there, so my judgement is only based on stats.

    thoughts on this team http://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa16/squad/1211673

    Excellent for the amount of coins the team will cost you.
  • duf
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    @xciljw @Carswell As always from me. Can you both describe in few sentences why you decided to go with this one instead of 4321? Expecially xciljw who did guide for that one earlier on. Just few sentences of explanation. I have most success with 4321, tried 433(5) following @FCK_Benz guide too and failed, but maybe i just tried to play same as i do with 4321 and this one would need different style. I appreciate any comments
  • realhokies
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Absolutely awesome guide @xciljw and @Carswell . Used this for a draft on Sunday and won!!
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    I could try rvp huh well snijder at cm and cam before literally had no stamina and i was always subbing at cf seems to last all game
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Well done boys!
  • Pedroninho2015
    508 posts Sunday League Hero
    best cf between sif lewa and if muller?
  • Guzman
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    Great stuff boys! Would you recommend me an Ibra team for around 150k(ps4)
  • @xciljw Thanks heaps
  • CaptainAfricaBl
    13 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 2016
    sorry i forgot to mention a squad for 100k psn

  • Carswell
    8185 posts League Winner
    duf wrote: »
    @xciljw @Carswell As always from me. Can you both describe in few sentences why you decided to go with this one instead of 4321? Expecially xciljw who did guide for that one earlier on. Just few sentences of explanation. I have most success with 4321, tried 433(5) following @FCK_Benz guide too and failed, but maybe i just tried to play same as i do with 4321 and this one would need different style. I appreciate any comments

    @duf I liked 4321 but eventually it became too narrow. I always count on my wingers being open and I play through them frequently. I also love CM-CDM-CM formations. The 3 CMs in 4321 occasionally was a problem for me, having a CDM is much more effective. I found myself playing way too quickly using 4321, with the false 9 I play a much more patient game.


    realhokies wrote: »
    Absolutely awesome guide @xciljw and @Carswell . Used this for a draft on Sunday and won!!

    @realhokies Glad to hear it and thanks! It's a great form.
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Well done boys!

    @Snipguy Thanks snip
    best cf between sif lewa and if muller?

    @Pedroninho2015 For me it has to be Muller. I have used the NIF for 200 games at F9 and had the IF for a little while and both versions are immense. He's a great CF. Lewa would work but IMO Muller is the way to go.
    Guzman wrote: »
    Great stuff boys! Would you recommend me an Ibra team for around 150k(ps4)

    @Guzman 150k is extra after you bought Ibra correct?

  • Pedroninho2015
    508 posts Sunday League Hero
    ok thanks great guide :)

    in fact i've 700k on xbox one, and want the best CF
  • Remzy69
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    xciljw wrote: »
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    Nice in depth guide, I think I'll do a mixture of your guide combined with @FCK_Benz 's guide. Best CF in your opinion guys?

    @Remzy69 Thanks a lot! @FCK_Benz provided a little different perspective from our guide, so his guide (playing LW/RW as LF/RF at CF for instance) will provide you with lots of perspectives on the False 9 formation together with this one. Talking about NIFs I think Zlatan is probably the player to go with for me. 94 Suarez looks great if you have unlimited coins :#

    I agree with you, I think Zlatan or Suarez is perfect for the CF spot. I have tried Hazard and Neymar there, but I feel like you need someone that can hold on the the ball better and wins some headers when needed.
    Funny fact: I use your Player Instructions together with a stronger CF (converted ST) and I use @FCK_Benz 's Custom Tactics. Won me Div 1 unbeaten 2 times in a row.
  • Guzman
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    Carswell wrote: »
    Guzman wrote: »
    Great stuff boys! Would you recommend me an Ibra team for around 150k(ps4)

    @Guzman 150k is extra after you bought Ibra correct?
    Correct

  • SimmoEFC
    11462 posts Has That Special Something
    Great guide, used the false 9 at the very start of the game with great success, might go back to it again as I haven't tried it post patch.
  • CrashDavus
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Carswell @xciljw

    Who would you use at LW and CF in a Serie A side, or would you just go straight hybrid?
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Dybala is insane at cf

    And im hating muller at cf normally hes one my favs bit he misses alot of shots
  • Carswell
    8185 posts League Winner
    edited January 2016
    @SimmoEFC Thanks and you definitely should!
    CrashDavus wrote: »
    @Carswell @xciljw

    Who would you use at LW and CF in a Serie A side, or would you just go straight hybrid?

    @CrashDavus Insigne and Dybala maybe?


    Dybala is insane at cf

    And im hating muller at cf normally hes one my favs bit he misses alot of shots

    @DtGodmage22 Hmm he's probably one of the most accurate shots I've used this year lol!

Sign In or Register to comment.