Way too basic for a 2015 game....

K.Nasa
17 posts Last Pick at the Park
As a sports game , FIFA is one of the most basic titles of any genre.

If you break FIFA down compared to other sports games like NBA 2K16 , WWE titles over the years , hell even rocket league....theres hardly anything here.

Its got very little to offer in terms of game modes , graphics , physics engine , options , customization etc.

For example....

PRO CLUBS

Why cant we create a stadium, kit, or logo?
Why cant we customize our team?
Why cant we even rename our players?
Why cant we at the very least choose who wears the captain band?

ONLINE GAME MODES
Theres only drop in , head to head or co-op.
Why cant we have an online practice pitch where friends can meet and practice?
Why cant we do online football games like "hit the target"?

GAME GRAPHICS ENGINE
Why do we have such basic graphics on such an empty game. Theres so much hardware resources left due to the game being so empty that FIFA should look incredible. If it didnt use a groundbreaking unique sports engine then it should at the VERY least use the frostbite engine.

Why do our players boots not even touch the grass?
Why is the game scripted so that we know whats going to happen and keep seeing the same goals over and over and over again?
Why do the players not sweat?
Why do they not get drenched in rain?

I could ask so much more but i think everyone gets the point.

Its now 2016 and FIFA 16 is more basic then most games on the market.

I know EA wont (because they make millions from this cut and paste job) but PLEASE for the love of all thats mighty make FIFA 17 from the ground up and make it a sports title that raises the bar or at the very least catches up to every other sports game.

Comments

• Squanch
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you gave them 18-24 months of development time then it wouldn't be basic. That's the problem in a nutshell. The systems have advanced so much to the point where corporate deadlines are now hurting the product that goes on sale. The dev team could get away with it early in the last gen but its impossible to do so now.

• I SiR MartY I
    6918 posts Big Money Move
    K.Nasa wrote: »
    i

For example....

PRO CLUBS

Why cant we create a stadium, kit, or logo?
    Why cant we customize our team?
    Why cant we even rename our players?
    Why cant we at the very least choose who wears the captain band?

We were promised custom kits and logos at the launch of Fifa 11, we were told it would be included in a later update around January...its 5 years later.

Pro Clubs won't get anymore changes, regardless of potential or how good the mode is, not enough people play it and people barely play it because no changes get made and its the same thing every year and round and round we go until Pro Clubs gets removed.
  • Zyzz
    2 posts Ball Boy
    I reckon you misunderstood this.. it's meant to be Fifa 16 not Fifa simulator.
  • blue166
    1050 posts Professional
    edited January 2016
    Zyzz wrote: »

Though EA do keep telling us that FIFA is supposed to be a simulation of the real thing.

Clearly if you ever watch UT that is not the case - Arcade mode.

But as for H2H seasons and the rest of FIFA they need to make sure it is as close to simulation as possible.

I won't lie to you I despise the UT mode and can not stand it one bit. But I understand EA have made a cash cow for themselves and as a business it is all about the £££..

But players of UT have been brainwashed into FIFA arcade football with the constant skill combos and ridiculous goals that are scored. And man the speed of the game..WTF that about. But people have been sold. And heck they spend real money when they could just use Barcelona, Real Madrid in Seasons. I know some enjoy the challenge I am not that naive.

But these people now get thrills about a 200mph game where Ronaldo has a boost card and can run the pitch quicker than a car on Forza can make it.
    (No official tests have been taken) Just saying :)

If this is the football game of the future then we might as well start adding rainbows behind freekick shots and fire in the net when the ball hits it. Or smoke when Ronaldo is sprinting.

Meh I dunno anynore.

At the end of the day I know this is just a video game.
  • Kuklinski
    89 posts Park Captain
    blue166 wrote: »
    Zyzz wrote: »

If this is the football game of the future then we might as well start adding rainbows behind freekick shots and fire in the net when the ball hits it. Or smoke when Ronaldo is sprinting.

This could be the only feedback FIFA takes from this thread.
  • Nigeee
    19 posts Ball Boy
    I only play pro clubs and if they removed it, i wouldn't buy FIFA anymore. I refuse to play Ultimate Team because that's all that EA care about and bother to update because they make money from it.

Pro clubs gets left out every single year and never gets updated. What did we get this year? A background picture of the stadium on the menu screen. Big whoop! They have completely ruined the engine this year and the pathetic feature that they call 'matchmaking' still fails to work years after they first introduced it.

Me and my friend play as a 2 and constantly get matched to teams of 4/5. Poor poor game.

I cannot wait until PES get their pro clubs game mode up and running because i'll be the first to switch. Sick of hoping for an update year after year and getting nothing while EA fill their pockets with our hard earned cash.
  • silas1980
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2016
    Nigeee wrote: »
    I only play pro clubs and if they removed it, i wouldn't buy FIFA anymore..

Same.

Enough people play to warrant EA it keeping it there, but unfortunately probably not enough to invest time on it.

It's a shame the only competition is PES. And EA know that.

• henryclay1844
    1035 posts Professional
    You guys can have PES, I'm sticking with football manager. Though it would be nice to be able to play the game, say on something like the EA WC 2010 engine. Beyond those games I just look at EA games compared to 2k or the MLB the show games and laugh. Or even look at games like GTA and the Witcher and see what a video could be compared to what FIFA is.
  • K.Nasa
    17 posts Last Pick at the Park

Squanch wrote: »
    If you gave them 18-24 months of development time then it wouldn't be basic. That's the problem in a nutshell. The systems have advanced so much to the point where corporate deadlines are now hurting the product that goes on sale. The dev team could get away with it early in the last gen but its impossible to do so now.

I disagree , just look at NBA and WWE titles. Them games have ALOT in them and they are released yearly.

Also alot of eople on these forums say "not enough play pro clubs to make it worth the devs time" like its the customers fault. The devs havnt made pro clubs good enough.

Theres probably a good list of 70+ things they could add to pro clubs to make it incredible and when i mention even a few to the people i know that dont like FIFA pro clubs they say "yes if that was added i would play it"