Pogba at CDM?

Ravz9
25767 posts Player of the Year
Was hoping to play him at cam but cant unless i make changes i dont want to make, so was wondering if he would be ok there?
Would be in the 4-2-3-1 with krychowiak the other cdm, and a defence of gaya-mustafi-bonucci-lichensteiner

cheers! :)

Comments

  • TheMeerkat
    589 posts Sunday League Hero
    With Kry He'd be good because you can have Pogba push up with Kry sitting back, but he's definitely a lot better at CM or CAM but at CDM he'll do just fine with Kry.
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    TheMeerkat wrote: »
    With Kry He'd be good because you can have Pogba push up with Kry sitting back, but he's definitely a lot better at CM or CAM but at CDM he'll do just fine with Kry.

    yh that was my thought process, let him go forward and the two cbs and kry can deal with the attacks, only thing is im awful at defending so i dont know if not having 2 cdms that will stay back is the best idea (normally go for one m/h and one h/h)
  • TheMeerkat
    589 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ravz9 wrote: »
    TheMeerkat wrote: »
    With Kry He'd be good because you can have Pogba push up with Kry sitting back, but he's definitely a lot better at CM or CAM but at CDM he'll do just fine with Kry.

    yh that was my thought process, let him go forward and the two cbs and kry can deal with the attacks, only thing is im awful at defending so i dont know if not having 2 cdms that will stay back is the best idea (normally go for one m/h and one h/h)

    You could do that, but Pogba is just too good to keep as a stay back CDM imo, you may concede fewer goals but you'll be scoring fewer too.
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    TheMeerkat wrote: »
    Ravz9 wrote: »
    TheMeerkat wrote: »
    With Kry He'd be good because you can have Pogba push up with Kry sitting back, but he's definitely a lot better at CM or CAM but at CDM he'll do just fine with Kry.

    yh that was my thought process, let him go forward and the two cbs and kry can deal with the attacks, only thing is im awful at defending so i dont know if not having 2 cdms that will stay back is the best idea (normally go for one m/h and one h/h)

    You could do that, but Pogba is just too good to keep as a stay back CDM imo, you may concede fewer goals but you'll be scoring fewer too.

    yh true, and tbh i concede anyway, just enjoy scoring haha, think ill go for it, thanks for the help!
  • The Shadow Knight
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's a good CDM. But I prefer him higher up the pitch so I can utilise his shooting
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2016
    Yea, he should be really good there, specially if he s partnered w a defensive midfielder like Krychowiak
  • Cuz
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm looking at him for the exact same spot, next to Vidal. He would obviously be the one breaking fwd. He's not going to be the threat there that he could be ofc but the team is set, he's just an upgrade. So if it's a choice between Pogba and no Pogba, I'm gonna go Pogba.
    Currently have Marchisio there so I'm interested to see if his H/M damages the balance I currently have.
Sign In or Register to comment.