Newcastle United FC

Ryan
9475 posts League Winner
edited September 2017
uV0jWIg.png
Full Name: Newcastle United Football Club
Nicknames: The Toon, The Magpies, Geordies
Founded: 9 December 1892
Ground: St James' Park (Capacity 52,405)
Owner: Mike Ashley
Head Coach: Rafael Benítez
Captain : Jamaal Lascelles
Rivals: Sunderland, Middlesbrough.
Official Club Site: nufc.co.uk

2017-18 kits

pARkpEn.png?1tvHmqD4.png?1qY0frRr.png?1

Current Squad

1. Rob Elliot
2. Ciaran Clark
3. Paul Dummett
4. Jack Colback
6. Jamaal Lascelles
7. Jacob Murphy
8. Jonjo Shelvey
9. Dwight Gayle
10. Mohamed Diamé
11. Matt Ritchie
14. Isaac Hayden
16. Rolando Aarons
17. Ayoze Pérez
18. Chancel Mbemba
19. Javier Manquillo
20. Florian Lejeune
21. Joselu
22. DeAndre Yedlin
23. Mikel Merino
24. Henri Saivet
25. Massadio Haïdara
26. Karl Darlow
27. Jesús Gámez
30. Christian Atsu
41. Freddie Woodman
42. Jamie Sterry
45. Aleksandar Mitrovic
Post edited by Ryan on

Comments

• Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2015
    Vurnon-Anita.jpg
  • Jenko wrote: »
    Vurnon-Anita.jpg

Better looking than Jenko, no?
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Absolutely not.
  • Jenko wrote: »
    Absolutely not.

Not within your parochial attiude anyway

• Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Big game this weekend. Expect Carvs to hype the boys up for war, they will go out and run around for 90 minutes, show passion while forgetting it is a football match. We will on to lose 3-0, Carvs will lick his lips a few times in the post match interview, saying only we can fix this, and we will then have a week of players coming out in the media saying sorry to the fans. Can't wait.
  • murphy
    945 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gouffran is one of the worst players I have ever seen. My brother's mate used to be a coach in your academy and said Paul Dummett was one of the worst players he ever coached.
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Gouffran is/was decent when used probably, but he is useless in the famous false #3 role.
  • SwordsCPFC
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    Alan Pardew's red and blue army
  • Handy Andy
    5738 posts Big Money Move
    Ryan wrote: »
    Gouffran is/was decent when used probably, but he is useless in the famous false #3 role.

false 3?
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    SwordsCPFC wrote: »
    Alan Pardew's red and blue army

Devastated lad, he even took Shola with him. Not sure how I'm going to cope.
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »

false 3?

Someone playing on the left wing, whose role is to help out the LB and nothing else.
  • Handy Andy

false 3?

Someone playing on the left wing, whose role is to help out the LB and nothing else.
    :joy:

Sounds like McAnuff for us last year tbh
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Next seasons kits have been leaked.
    9d37a91bef111847b8e4a20028501747.jpg
    b06f0380bf3db946bcdba8c2494b01ad.jpg
    f90313732f7aafddb9b06bd486ddb369.jpg

that away kit :disappointed:
  • Handy Andy
    those 3 kits seem unnecessarily similar
  • SwordsCPFC
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    those 3 kits seem unnecessarily similar

• Andy
    7852 posts League Winner
    Next seasons kits have been leaked.
    9d37a91bef111847b8e4a20028501747.jpg
    b06f0380bf3db946bcdba8c2494b01ad.jpg
    f90313732f7aafddb9b06bd486ddb369.jpg

that away kit :disappointed:

I like the third

• Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    I quite like the home one. With Wonga plastered in the middle, they can never look great, but it is certainly an improvement on the last few home kits.
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    I get the feeling Janmaat goes to bed every night and prays that it's all a dream and he never joined us.
  • Andy
    7852 posts League Winner
    I get the feeling Janmaat goes to bed every night and prays that it's all a dream and he never joined us.
    Hes actually very competent, Netherlands should use him more.
  • Ahmer50x
    17376 posts World Class
    "When you tally up Pardew’s points at Newcastle and Palace it comes to 51 from 31 games – good enough for eighth. Without Pardew at the control deck, the Magpies and Eagles nose-dived, gaining only 26 points from 31 games – relegation form." - The Guardian

Manager of the Season award's 2nd favorite after Jose B)
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Nice of them to ignore that he is still one of the reasons we are so bad.
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    “We can threaten the top teams,” he said. “We’re not going to win the Premier League but if we invest right why can’t we go after the European spots, the Champions League spots? Why not? Look at Southampton. They lost so many players last summer and had to replace them but they’ve done a great job this year.”

NO AMBITION! SACK THE MAN.
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Sounds like Coloccini may be stripped of the captaincy come the summer, with Janmaat replacing. Great decision if it happens, sick of being captained by a coward and Janmaat has consistently led by example this season. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure Janmaat will be staying past this season, so probably won't get the chance to be captain. Hope if we do promise to give it him he stays for a bit longer at least, with a proper head coach, captain and defence (hopefully!) we may actually do well for once.
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Just had a flashback to a few years back when Pardew robbed Marveaux off King Kenneth. Was pissed off at the time but has he been any good?
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    I'm actually worried about this rut you're in, you're surely due another win and if it continues it's going to be us at this rate.
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    stickey wrote: »
    Just had a flashback to a few years back when Pardew robbed Marveaux off King Kenneth. Was pissed off at the time but has he been any good?

He's good, but quite injury prone. Never really got a good run of games for us in his best position either.
  • Ryan
    9475 posts League Winner
    Quite impressed with how much close we actually are to going down, and now pretty much all our hopes rest on Sunderland managing to pick up 4 or less points from games against Southampton, Everton, Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea.

With our 4 games left, any competent team would be looking for 12 points, but I can only see us picking up 2 at best.