Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pxul_
    11242 posts Has That Special Something
    Oh trust me ashy, I’ve been saying this for 2 years now😂 just because it makes sense doesn’t mean the club would do it.
  • Pietu
    9848 posts League Winner
    First jab done 👍
  • Cyodine
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2
    Ashy wrote: »
    Don't you think you need a more natural striker as back up to Firmino as a plan B if you will?

Or would you rather get a like for like back up for Firmino, problem is they are hard to find

A like for like backup for Firmino and I think Minamino can play that role, he's done so before for us. A plan B has never really worked well for us, occasionally Origi would score an important goal but a lot of the time he didn't do much. We got Jota, Minamino and now Ox who can provide some sort of backup for Firmino as well as play wide if needed.

Also we could also just move Mo more central like we have done a few times. We really just need Mane, Firmino and possibly someone from Mid to be more of a scoring threat and we should be fine. Right now it's too easy for teams to attempt to pocket Mo to prevent us from scoring.
  • Wyojasond
    17002 posts World Class
    With the way we whip crosses in, I will never understand how we’ve never had a Plan B guy that can go in and win late headers 🤷‍♂️
  • Pxul_
  • Argie8
    6558 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Don't you think you need a more natural striker as back up to Firmino as a plan B if you will?

Or would you rather get a like for like back up for Firmino, problem is they are hard to find

We won’t buy either realistically.
  • Cyodine
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    With the way we whip crosses in, I will never understand how we’ve never had a Plan B guy that can go in and win late headers 🤷‍♂️

Maybe we can resign Big Andy!
  • Pxul_
    I was talking about that with my old boss literally a week ago😂
  • Kellnerr
    4650 posts National Call-Up
    Firmino's heading is actually really good. I also highly doubt that we will see Ox or Minamino playing at center forward many games, at least not in the league and UCL. Jota, Salah, Mane will work in any constellation should Firmino be out.
  • ChrisLFC
    7364 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I criticize his defending a lot but he's averaging 2 goals and 12 assists a season (over the last 3 seasons) in the league from RB. He fully deserves what he's getting.

He could get a lot more elsewhere as well
  • Wyojasond
    17002 posts World Class
    Saw yesterday that the club are still holding out for 20m for Origi 🤦‍♂️

• Pxul_
    If I speak
  • Littleland95
    18338 posts Moderator

And when they have got their new contracts Liverpool have used the transfer budget on that. :)

They deserve the new contracts. No doubt about that.
  • Pxul_
    Huge news!
  • Wyojasond
    17002 posts World Class
    Some rumors that Wolves have bid 10m for Origi. Club still holding out for 20 though it sounds like.
  • Maverick
    8571 posts League Winner
    I'm convinced we're not signing any other players this summer.
  • Pxul_
    I’ll take Salah getting an extension over a new player tbf.
  • Pxul_
  • Argie8
    6558 posts Big Money Move
    It concerns me that we have an aging squad yet there is no attempt to buy younger players (or anyone lol).
  • Wyojasond
    17002 posts World Class
    New incomings aren’t a major issue to me at this point. Yeah it’s frustrating and a bit disheartening at times watching these rival teams throw stupid money at players, but FSG and Edwards have shown time and again they are in no rush to buy players that won’t make an immediate impact. Again at the moment it’s very hard to dislodge any of our starting XI when healthy 🤷‍♂️

Age of the squad is something that is starting to worry me a small bit though. That said, players across all sports are playing way past what we used to consider there decline age.

I still think we’ll see 1-2 new arrivals. One of them likely a huge surprise too.
  • Pietu
    9848 posts League Winner
    Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-Profile.png

Nah, we can't escape him :lol:

@arsenalap Since you guys know more about him, did he happen to start his career down the left?

This is probably incredibly rare btw :lol:
  • Ahmer50x
    30399 posts National Team Captain
    Age of the squad is a massive issue for you IMO

You’ve got like 3 starters who can be considered young. Everyone else is either peaking or has peaked.

You don’t want to end up in a position where the team grows old together. Instead you want to gradually replace 1-2 every summer so it never ages too much.
  • Kellnerr
    4650 posts National Call-Up
    Like 10 years ago a 30 year old player was considered to be on his peak. Just because the quality of young players is always rising doesn't mean they can apply for pension in this age nowadays ffs :joy:
  • Pxul_
    BREAKING NEWS: Alisson Becker has signed a new deal with #LFC until 2027
  • Wyojasond
    17002 posts World Class
    Ings just sold to Aston Villa. Pretty sure we have a 20% sell on clause with him, so a little bit of money for the kitty now.
  • Pietu
    9848 posts League Winner
    edited August 5
    To the FM players here, when women get added to the game, there's a chance for us to do what Shankly did and build the club from the 2nd division all the way to the League and European trophy! And after that, do what Paisley did and completely dominate the world of football with 20 titles in 9 years, that would be a fun challenge!
    Post edited by Pietu on
  • Pietu
    9848 posts League Winner
    Ings just sold to Aston Villa. Pretty sure we have a 20% sell on clause with him, so a little bit of money for the kitty now.

We do.
  • Ahmer50x
    30399 posts National Team Captain