Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• El_Nino
    8368 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I could be wrong but you'd have to think he'd prefer BVB, absolutely the perfect place to grow, still a chance at silverware, and will play every game.

Feels like Malen may do to them what Bellingham did to United last summer essentially. "Thanks, maybe one day but not yet. Better chance I become elite first at Dortmund then come to a club like this"

And like Bellingham he'll become a star and head to Chelsea 😉

But seriously he'd be silly to go anywhere ahead of BVB, couldn't think of a better club in world football to help you reach a high level.
  • Ahmer50x
    30399 posts National Team Captain
    I could be wrong but you'd have to think he'd prefer BVB, absolutely the perfect place to grow, still a chance at silverware, and will play every game.

Feels like Malen may do to them what Bellingham did to United last summer essentially. "Thanks, maybe one day but not yet. Better chance I become elite first at Dortmund then come to a club like this"

And like Bellingham he'll become a star and head to Chelsea 😉

But seriously he'd be silly to go anywhere ahead of BVB, couldn't think of a better club in world football to help you reach a high level.

If he's smart though, he'll negotiate a release clause in his contract.

I give Raiola a lot of stick but that was so smart with Haaland. Prevents a "120m euro or nothing" situation down the road.
  • Tornado31619
    28679 posts Player of the Year
    Please keep Jota when we next have internationals
  • LFC Simon 98
    21321 posts Club Captain
    Please keep Jota when we next have internationals

Not a fan?

I rarely watch Portugal but he seems to get quite a few goals/assists
  • Tornado31619
    He’s been class for you lot, so I was looking forward to him on the wing for us.

He was so, so shockingly bad it is genuinely unfathomable. He screwed every shot, misplaced every pass and destroyed all of our counters with his touch and decision making. I’m sure he was just nervous, but still. His saving grace is that he was actually visible in our games, unlike Bruno or Bernardo.
  • Pxul_
    11242 posts Has That Special Something
  • Kellnerr
    4650 posts National Call-Up
    We were linked with Coman yesterday and god I hope there isn't any serious interest at all.
  • Pxul_
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    We were linked with Coman yesterday and god I hope there isn't any serious interest at all.

I’ve seen the same rumours, I’m praying they’re not real, way overpriced for what he is imo.
  • Kellnerr
    Pxul_ wrote: »

I’ve seen the same rumours, I’m praying they’re not real, way overpriced for what he is imo.

Unlike others we've talked about in here already, this guy is literally made out of glass and moving into the PL would probably end his career, not even joking :joy:
    Apart from the fact that he isn't even that good.
  • tilen11
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 28
    He’s been class for you lot, so I was looking forward to him on the wing for us.

He was so, so shockingly bad it is genuinely unfathomable. He screwed every shot, misplaced every pass and destroyed all of our counters with his touch and decision making. I’m sure he was just nervous, but still. His saving grace is that he was actually visible in our games, unlike Bruno or Bernardo.

Cant say he played a great tournament overall despite the fact he scored and assisted. Bruno for me was the biggest disappointment. Actually non existent in every match
  • Kellnerr
    tilen11 wrote: »

Cant say he played a great tournament overall despite the fact he scored and assisted. Bruno for me was the biggest disappointment. Actually non existent in every match

Bernardo deserves a shout aswell. Literally all he did in 4 games was dribbling out wide, just to pass the ball back again, no end product at all. Had one great pass against Germany, mind.
    Bruno is a fraud.
  • Pxul_
    tilen11 wrote: »

Bruno is a fraud.

All that needs to be said
  • Pxul_
    Update #Coman: Yes, #LFC is definitely interested in signing him and they are in contact with his management. But right now, it’s not a hot topic. #FCBayern still want him to extend, especially Nagelsmann. But Kingsley‘s father forces his departure to 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿. [Florian Plettenberg]
  • Cyodine
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    I'll be happy if we sign Coman but I don't think he's the right signing for us though.
  • Tornado31619
    You’d be better off putting the money into your medical resources.
  • Pxul_
    Liverpool are in advanced talks with Porto midfielder Otavio. He will leave ‘immediately’ and has a release clause of £40m which expires on Wednesday. [A BOLA]
  • tilen11
    Liverpool are in advanced talks with Porto midfielder Otavio. He will leave ‘immediately’ and has a release clause of £40m which expires on Wednesday. [A BOLA]

immediately :joy:
  • Pxul_

Sad reacc
  • Argie8
    6558 posts Big Money Move

Sad reacc

lowkey sad to see him go. when someone loves the club as much as him it always makes me sad to watch them leave. good guy and a good player
  • Cyodine
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    Argie8 wrote: »

Sad reacc

lowkey sad to see him go. when someone loves the club as much as him it always makes me sad to watch them leave. good guy and a good player

I thought he played decently at times for us to take the gamble on him.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21321 posts Club Captain
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »

Sad reacc

I thought he played decently at times for us to take the gamble on him.

I liked him. Although the thing I remember being impressed by most was his dribbling and as a CB maybe that’s not a good thing after all :D
  • Pxul_
    Shaq getting another goal…
  • Ahmer50x
    30399 posts National Team Captain

Jurgen won't be happy if these reports are true.
  • Argie8
    6558 posts Big Money Move

Find it so bizarre that we are in this situation after years of success but it seems to be the FSG way.
  • Ashy
    16246 posts World Class
    They just need to recruit well, can't afford any bad big signings like those 3 clubs can. Liverpool have done well with this in the past but its getting harder and the team is starting to become stale.
  • Pxul_
  • Kellnerr

I mean we already brought in Konate and selling a couple of players shouldn't be a problem either.
    Also we told Bayern last year that we have no money, just to spend 40M on Jota like a week after the Thiago transfer. Nothing to worry about.
  • tilen11

I mean we already brought in Konate and selling a couple of players shouldn't be a problem either.
    Also we told Bayern last year that we have no money, just to spend 40M on Jota like a week after the Thiago transfer. Nothing to worry about.

Considering that Origi still wont leave (its been reported that he is staying if a suitable offer doesnt come 15-20m)
    Id say we are having quite a problem at selling fringe players :joy:

Shaq definitely made himself a bit more expensive after his successful EURO-s, Neco and Wilson also, still nothing new on Grujič, Karius and Nat.
  • Pietu
    9848 posts League Winner
    edited July 4
    Hendo scored yesterday, what a man. About the only positive thing from that match.