Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pxul_
    10791 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Re Kabak:

This recalls a theory from The Athletic’s David Ornstein from back in April, as he revealed: “Some people I speak to suggest he will be sent back and Liverpool will try to negotiate a lower fee than the option.”

If Kabak could be brought in for closer to £10 million, it would be an exceptional signing, given he already has experience playing in Klopp’s system and, at 21, has serious potential.

“These five months have been very good for me, I think, regardless of whether I stay or not,” Kabak said last month.

“It’s Liverpool. Of course I want to stay.”

Let's be honest, if he were anywhere near an exceptional signing you wouldn't be trying to get him for 10mill.

Perfectly good signing for that price, but he's never likely to be more than a rotation option for a top team.

But that’s all we want, we want someone who’s going to be happy being 4th choice.
  • Wyojasond
    16669 posts World Class
    Wasn’t as impressed with Kabak as I thought I would be. Didn’t expect him to light up the world but expected a bit more.

Still, if we get him for 10m or less that’s a great deal.
  • El_Nino
    7926 posts League Winner
    Re Kabak:

This recalls a theory from The Athletic’s David Ornstein from back in April, as he revealed: “Some people I speak to suggest he will be sent back and Liverpool will try to negotiate a lower fee than the option.”

If Kabak could be brought in for closer to £10 million, it would be an exceptional signing, given he already has experience playing in Klopp’s system and, at 21, has serious potential.

“These five months have been very good for me, I think, regardless of whether I stay or not,” Kabak said last month.

Let's be honest, if he were anywhere near an exceptional signing you wouldn't be trying to get him for 10mill.

Perfectly good signing for that price, but he's never likely to be more than a rotation option for a top team.

But that’s all we want, we want someone who’s going to be happy being 4th choice.

I just don't know why you wouldn't hang onto Nat Phillips then, did a perfectly okay job, saves you wasting time trying to sell him and negotiating for Kabak.

If you do manage to essentially swap Phillips for Kabak it's probably good business but it's not what I'd be priotising doing in your situation.

• Wyojasond
    16669 posts World Class
    Re Kabak:

I just don't know why you wouldn't hang onto Nat Phillips then, did a perfectly okay job, saves you wasting time trying to sell him and negotiating for Kabak.

If you do manage to essentially swap Phillips for Kabak it's probably good business but it's not what I'd be priotising doing in your situation.

Nat pretty much wants (and deserves) first team football. He has a great chance to start regularly with Burnley and Brighton. Will get a nice little pay raise too I’d say.

Would rather keep him too, but can’t fault ownership for cashing in on a player. Especially when his worth went up around 5 times what it was last year 🤷‍♂️
  • El_Nino
    7926 posts League Winner
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Re Kabak:

Nat pretty much wants (and deserves) first team football. He has a great chance to start regularly with Burnley and Brighton. Will get a nice little pay raise too I’d say.

Would rather keep him too, but can’t fault ownership for cashing in on a player. Especially when his worth went up around 5 times what it was last year 🤷‍♂️

Honestly if that's the case then fair enough, I assumed Phillips and Kabak would have similar wants but if Phillips needs more game time and Kabak is happy to sit out alot then fair enough.
  • Snugglebites
    2425 posts Fans' Favourite
    #BabyFit
  • Pxul_
    edited June 24
    Kelleher has just confirmed signed a long term contract.

• tilen11
    6837 posts Big Money Move
    BREAKING: The away goals rule will be removed from all UEFA club competitions from the 2021/2022 season
  • Cyodine
    3113 posts National Call-Up
    tilen11 wrote: »
    BREAKING: The away goals rule will be removed from all UEFA club competitions from the 2021/2022 season

Good news!
  • Ahmer50x
    29334 posts Player of the Year
    Let’s say you don’t make any more big signings. Just replace someone like Origi and another squad player.

How do you feel your season would go?
  • Wyojasond
    16669 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Let’s say you don’t make any more big signings. Just replace someone like Origi and another squad player.

Depends on a lot of things. First and most important, if VVD returns and has no questions we’ll be fine. He solves 90% of our issues from last year.

Second, Mane needs to find his old form. If he comes out slow again we’ll struggle as teams will just load up on Salah. More than any other year I am confident we will sign an attacker this summer. Origi offered zero last season and has to go now.

Lastly it will depend on health. Ignoring the issues we had last year at CB, Hendo and Thiago both have injury histories and Jota missed big chunks as well. Those 3 stay healthy and I see no reason we won’t battle City again 💁‍♂️

I think every team has major questions and alot of “ifs”. There really does look to be 4 teams that can win next year and I’m sure a couple more will cause some havoc with them.
  • Ahmer50x
    Wyojasond wrote: »

Depends on a lot of things. First and most important, if VVD returns and has no questions we’ll be fine. He solves 90% of our issues from last year.

Second, Mane needs to find his old form. If he comes out slow again we’ll struggle as teams will just load up on Salah. More than any other year I am confident we will sign an attacker this summer. Origi offered zero last season and has to go now.

Lastly it will depend on health. Ignoring the issues we had last year at CB, Hendo and Thiago both have injury histories and Jota missed big chunks as well. Those 3 stay healthy and I see no reason we won’t battle City again 💁‍♂️

I think every team has major questions and alot of “ifs”. There really does look to be 4 teams that can win next year and I’m sure a couple more will cause some havoc with them.

Just wait till City spend 250m on Grealish and Kane :joy:
  • Argie8
    6449 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 24

disappointed. A title challenge would be unlikely imo. Top 4 and a domestic trophy would be our most realistic aspirations I think. Don’t think winning the league would be impossible but certainly unlikely
  • LFC Simon 98
    21290 posts Club Captain
    Cyodine wrote: »

Good news!

Couldn’t disagree more

Can’t wait to see everyone defend with 9/10 behind the ball away from home because they have no extra incentive to attack.

2-1 away is usually considered a solid result. Now it’s disappointing. Same for a 1-0 home leg win as 1 away goal would put you in a great position. Now that’s less desirable.

Gonna be far less upsets imo. Could be wrong, just how I perceive it
  • Kellnerr
    4558 posts National Call-Up
    Cyodine wrote: »

Good news!

Couldn’t disagree more

Can’t wait to see everyone defend with 9/10 behind the ball away from home because they have no extra incentive to attack.

2-1 away is usually considered a solid result. Now it’s disappointing. Same for a 1-0 home leg win as 1 away goal would put you in a great position. Now that’s less desirable.

Gonna be far less upsets imo. Could be wrong, just how I perceive it

You know what's even worse than parking the bus away from home? Parking the bus on your own ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ground after a 1:1 in the first leg and play for a 0:0. This absolutely goes both ways.
  • tilen11
    I also think it goes both ways as Kellnerr mentioned. However away goals for me personally were always stupid. Doesnt matter if you score less away than at home.. If the end product of both teams is the same it should be decided by extra time or penalties who goes to the next round, not just away goals.
  • tilen11

Honestly quite agree with @Wyojasond

Getting back VVD will help us a lot. Players staying healthy also. Mane and Firmino had mediocre seasons and I do expect them to step up again with Jota contributing.

Title challenge is realistic. Cant really see us being worse than City. Still think reinforcements will come. Over these last couple of years Ive seen us make signings out of nowhere, with media knowing nothing. Thats what I like.

• Pxul_
    Nabil Fekir on LFC:

'Lots of lies were told and they affected me. Especially those told about my family. It hurt us. What was said is not the truth. My knee is good, I had a medical check, my knee wasn’t even mentioned. You want the truth? Even I don’t know… they made an excuse.'
  • Tornado31619
    27919 posts Player of the Year
    Nabil Fekir on LFC:

'Lots of lies were told and they affected me. Especially those told about my family. It hurt us. What was said is not the truth. My knee is good, I had a medical check, my knee wasn’t even mentioned. You want the truth? Even I don’t know… they made an excuse.'

His career really did just fizzle out after talks broke down, huh?
  • Pietu
    9240 posts League Winner
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/o82v4d/throwback_to_suarezs_outrageous_disallowed_lob/

If only Prime Suarez was here currently. He would win the Ballon d'OR if he was with us currently.
  • Pxul_
    Liverpool have enquired over the availability of Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe, according to Marca.
  • Wyojasond
    16669 posts World Class
    Sounds like new deals for Fabinho, Alisson and VVD will be done before any potential new incomings.

• Pxul_
    Coutinho's plan is to leave Barcelona and return to the Premier League. It is his 'big dream' to play for Liverpool again. [SPORT]
  • tilen11
    NEW: Liverpool do have an interest in PSV Eindhoven striker Donyell Malen. They face competition from Borussia Dortmund.

Fabrizio Romano
  • Ahmer50x
    Seems like he's Dortmund's preferred Sancho replacement too.
  • tilen11
    Seems like he's Dortmund's preferred Sancho replacement too.

And will most likely end up there. Cant say I blame him since he will get his minutes there.
  • El_Nino
    7926 posts League Winner
    I could be wrong but you'd have to think he'd prefer BVB, absolutely the perfect place to grow, still a chance at silverware, and will play every game.
  • Ahmer50x
    I could be wrong but you'd have to think he'd prefer BVB, absolutely the perfect place to grow, still a chance at silverware, and will play every game.

Feels like Malen may do to them what Bellingham did to United last summer essentially. "Thanks, maybe one day but not yet. Better chance I become elite first at Dortmund then come to a club like this"