Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• tilen11
    6810 posts Big Money Move
    We should be up by at least 1. Terrible, terrible finishing
  • Pxul_
    10408 posts Has That Special Something
    Let’s go lads! Amazing first half, let’s get an early goal in the second half and win this tie!
  • Wyojasond
    16499 posts World Class
    Certainly had our chances. Have to get Jota on early I feel like.

Still can’t believe Salah missed both of those chances he had 😢
  • Pxul_
    I’d love to say get Jota on but who do you take off? Everyone has played an amazing first half, maybe Gini? But that’s a push.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21250 posts Club Captain
    We certainly can win this. Just need the finish. Kop end and all. I beg
  • Wyojasond
    16499 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I’d love to say get Jota on but who do you take off? Everyone has played an amazing first half, maybe Gini? But that’s a push.

I’d take Bobby off. Might be unfair, but he’s had a couple of horrible passes too and isn’t giving us much on the attack 🤷‍♂️
  • Pxul_
    Wyojasond wrote: »

I’d take Bobby off. Might be unfair, but he’s had a couple of horrible passes too and isn’t giving us much on the attack 🤷‍♂️

I personally think he’s been one of the best players on the pitch. He’s been playing with great intensity and his ball control has been world class.

Mane has had a good game too
  • LFC Simon 98
    21250 posts Club Captain

Mate pointed out to me tho, he’s literally man marking Kroos and has negated him completely first half
  • Gnomenclature
    7586 posts League Winner
    Certainly had our chances. Have to get Jota on early I feel like.

Still can’t believe Salah missed both of those chances he had 😢

Or Ginis open net shot....
  • Wyojasond
    16499 posts World Class

Mate pointed out to me tho, he’s literally man marking Kroos and has negated him completely first half

That is a good point 🤔

Could end up being a situation where we take Phillips of Kabak off
  • Stlducks
    5899 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t remember the last time we scored in the first half of a game.

Dec 27 v West Brom. Not sure if that date is last league goal in the first half or home. But Mane scored in the 12’.
  • Gnomenclature
    7586 posts League Winner
    Well ❤️❤️❤️❤️... We will always have 2019 I guess....
  • Wyojasond
    16499 posts World Class
    Another game where we desperately need a Plan B striker that can head the ball.

Why we weren’t sending in more crosses late just boggles my mind. Credit to Real, they played a solid game and did what they had too.
  • tilen11
    Well cant be mad. Performance was great, we fought and played really well and done more than enough to win. Our finishing was absolutely shocking and the fault is ours. Its a shame but top 4 is something we have to focus on securing now. Fixtures are top 4 friendly and others are losing points.
  • Gnomenclature
    7586 posts League Winner
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Well cant be mad. Performance was great, we fought and played really well and done more than enough to win. Our finishing was absolutely shocking and the fault is ours. Its a shame but top 4 is something we have to focus on securing now. Fixtures are top 4 friendly and others are losing points.

Good assessment. Also, courtois was excellent
  • Pietu
    8765 posts League Winner
    Welp. That's that. Wasn't a bad game by us but just like Neymar yesterday, we missed our scoring boots.
  • RollsReus
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    140 shots at Anfield in 2021. 3 goals.

Wild.
  • Kellnerr
    4368 posts National Call-Up
    Good performance, if we finished one of those good chances early enough we could have pushed them and won the tie, but unlucky in the end.

There's absolutely no reason to put Gini and Mane in our starting XI atm. Jota and Jones/Milner/Shaqiri should start over both of them. Still confident for top 4 as things stand looking at all fixtures left.

On a side note, really impressed by how Phillips has improved. Wouldn't mind keeping him as 4th (or 5th) choice next season.
  • Pxul_
    Kman wrote: »
    Bit quiet

You expecting us to be celebrating going out of Europe🥴 put yer bait elsewhere 🎣
  • Stlducks
    Kman wrote: »
    Bit quiet

You expecting us to be celebrating going out of Europe🥴 put yer bait elsewhere 🎣

He was probably hoping for more meltdown comments than celebrations.

Not much for LFC fans to complain about though. You guys played really good yesterday, just couldn't finish. Not much else Klopp or anyone could have done when you dominate every aspect of the game but the shooting was off.
  • Argie8
    6409 posts Big Money Move
    Can’t have any complaints about going out. We played really poor in the first leg and then couldn’t take our chances in the second leg. Only ourselves to blame. Oh well! Can’t win them all
  • Pxul_
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeHBMGjr/

I know some won’t open it but here’s the clip
  • Pxul_
    edited April 17
    Leipzig be losing their best 2 cbs this summer
  • Cyodine
    3045 posts National Call-Up
    Good
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeHBMGjr/

I know some won’t open it but here’s the clip

Hopefully he can challenge for a spot next season if Klopp thinks he's ready.
  • Stlducks
    4kE8FpO.jpg

(insert spider-man meme)
  • LFC Simon 98
    21250 posts Club Captain
    Stlducks wrote: »
    4kE8FpO.jpg

(insert spider-man meme)

What this shows me is neither of us are as good at kicking a ball as we all make out to be
  • tilen11
    With the win tomorrow we can go up to 4th if Chelsea fail to win against Brighton.

Chelsea have 5 difficult games in the last 7 (WHU, City, Arsenal, Leicester and Villa) not to mention semis against Real.
    Leicester still need to play United, Chelsea and Spurs)

Our fixtures are really friendly so I would be really surprised if we dont make top 4. IMO Leicester and WHU wont have enough to stay ahead of us and Chelsea (even Chelsea can fail to secure their spot due to the importance of the CL) may be wrong.
  • Pxul_
    We’ll find a way to make it hard for ourselves 😂