Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pietu
    8458 posts League Winner
    Klopp saying there’s a chance that Fabinho could be back in the midfield tomorrow. Not gonna lie, a bit worried about our defenders getting caught out against Chelsea’s pace.

Kabak has improved, but gets caught ball looking a bit too much and doesn’t have the pace of VVD or Gomez to recover 😬🤷‍♂️

❤️❤️❤️❤️ it, let's have another shootout like 5-4 with a last minute winner from NabyLaaaddddd
  • LFC Simon 98
    21195 posts Club Captain
    Playing Chelsea tomorrow so I have an excuse to post this

What a noise. Genuinely believe we’d still be unbeaten at home if fans were there
  • Tornado31619
    25422 posts Player of the Year
    Funny, I was thinking of a 2-0 vs. Chelsea at Anfield as well :trollface:
  • Ashy
    13557 posts Has That Special Something
    Saw you were linked with Rodrigo De Paul, think he would be good for you
  • Pxul_
    10268 posts Has That Special Something
    Today is a big day in the battle for top 4. Which means we’re either gonna lose or draw😂
  • Tornado31619
    It’s going to be another 0-0/1-1
  • Ibte10
    2320 posts Fans' Favourite
    Our record against Liverpool is atrocious recently. I hope we can get the win but a draw seems likely.

From Chelsea's website:

Chelsea have won one of our past 12 Premier League meetings with Liverpool (five draws, six defeats), beating them 1-0 at the Bridge in May 2018 thanks to a first-half Olivier Giroud header.

Liverpool are seeking a fifth consecutive Premier League win against Chelsea.

Jose Mourinho was in charge the last time we came away from Anfield with three points. Cesar Azpilicueta was in a side that won 2-1 in November 2014 with goals from Gary Cahill and Diego Costa, after Emre Can opened the scoring early on. Since then we have drawn three, all 1-1, and lost the last two
  • LFC Simon 98
    21195 posts Club Captain
    Just realised if we beat Fulham and Chelsea, then City beat United we’d be 2 points off them. Interesting
  • Tornado31619
    If we get overtaken then Ole only has himself to blame, I can understand accepting a draw against City but you lot and Arsenal were there for the taking
  • LFC Simon 98
    21195 posts Club Captain
    The game vs us was a massive chance for you to get a win.

I know it was 0-0 last night but Shaw and AWB seem to get caught out a hell of a lot in terms of positioning at the back post when getting countered, maybe that was why he didn’t push for it? I just know Leipzig really took advantage of it and both our goals in the cup game came from Shaw being in the wrong place.
  • Wyojasond
    16390 posts World Class
    Huge game. Get the win today and the rest of our schedule is pretty favorable to end the year. Defense has to be near perfect. Their pace has me a bit worried.

Curious to see if we line up a bit differently. Jota, keita, Fabinho and Alisson should all be back 😎
  • Kellnerr
    4305 posts National Call-Up
    change my mind

Alisson
    Trent-Philipps-Kabak-Robertson
    Thiago-Fabinho-Jones
    Salah-Firmino-Mane

• Pxul_
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    change my mind

Alisson
    Trent-Philipps-Kabak-Robertson
    Thiago-Fabinho-Jones
    Salah-Firmino-Mane

That’s the team I’d play
  • Kellnerr
    4305 posts National Call-Up
    Could be a 4231 aswell, felt like Jones was more of a CAM last game with much freedom. Does anyone have a heat map for that game, would be interesting to know?
  • LFC Simon 98
    21195 posts Club Captain
    Could be a 4231 aswell, felt like Jones was more of a CAM last game with much freedom. Does anyone have a heat map for that game, would be interesting to know?

I’ll get one 2 minutes
  • Pxul_
    😂😂😂
  • Wyojasond
    16390 posts World Class
    I remember seeing a video last week that our formation looked a lot different last game. Maybe Klopp finally switching to the 4-2-3-1 😂

Can’t see a lineup without Gini tonight. Actually did a solid good at CDM last time out. Think Fabinho will start at CB with Kabak.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21195 posts Club Captain
    Stlducks wrote: »

I’ll get one 2 minutes

That's a long 2 minutes... Should we send a search party out for Simon?

:D I intended to just edit that post but people came in last minute at work so I actually had to do something

Season heatmap

AKNlOFT.png

Everton heatmap

VSR3Gs9.png

Leicester heatmap

lQfZARE.png

Sheffield heatmap

oSrt6Q2.png
  • LFC Simon 98
    21195 posts Club Captain
    Sheffield game similar to the other but spent much less time going out right and a lot more touches in the box
  • Stlducks
    5395 posts Big Money Move
    Looks like a 4-3-3 again? Jota on the bench could be the spark you guys have needed.
  • Pietu
    8458 posts League Winner
    Hopefully we win, it would make today even better sportswise! Altough, even if we lose, it has been a good day. Would like to see a shootout though, 5-4 to us with a Naby winner.
  • Wyojasond
    16390 posts World Class
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Looks like a 4-3-3 again? Jota on the bench could be the spark you guys have needed.

Most likely, but that could easily transition to a 4-2-3-1 still. Thiago and Gini at the CDM spots.
  • Wyojasond
    16390 posts World Class
    This is our 20th different CB pairing tonight.......20th! Ffs 😂
  • Pxul_
    I would’ve kept phillips and Kabak but solid team let’s go lads!