Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pxul_
    9986 posts Has That Special Something
    I love Jones, absolutely quality midfielder and has settled in like a champ.
  • Wyojasond
    15707 posts World Class
    Very happy with Jones as well, but does need to improve a bit with his defending. He’s really bad about tracking his player into the box I’ve noticed. The Leeds game and the Leicester game he lost his guy and left them free to shoot.

I know originally it was planned fir him to replace Lallana, but I could see him replacing Gini now 💁‍♂️
  • Wyojasond
    15707 posts World Class
    Neco is in for a long night. Sink or swim at this point 😂
  • Kellnerr
    4139 posts National Call-Up
    I'm way too tired today to watch this for 90 minutes so hopefully is becomes better :lol:
  • Snugglebites
    2189 posts Fans' Favourite
    I know it's a weakish side but this is tragic.
  • Wyojasond
    15707 posts World Class
    Desperately missing Andy and Hendos energy. Just been so wasteful with our buildup play
  • Pxul_
    Our midfield has been dead and origi has been shocking, hopefully it livens up in the second half
  • Snugglebites
    Ruh-roh.
  • Wyojasond
    15707 posts World Class
    Just completely out worked us all game. They’ve pressed better, passed better and just shut down any attack we’ve tried.

Wouldn’t be right if we wrapped it up this early 😂🤦‍♂️
  • tilen11
    6533 posts Big Money Move
    They started the game without giving a fuc* and after conceding 2 they still dont give a fuc*. If they dont, I dont.
  • Pxul_
    Wouldn’t be right if we wrapped it up this early 😂🤦‍♂️

Wouldn’t be a liverpool CL run if we didn’t make our gs interesting 😂

Terrible performance from us even after the quad sub no urgency, no ❤️❤️❤️❤️ given.

Oh and just so everyone is happy and everything is back to normal... Milner was trash. He’s much better in the full back position like at the weekend, then moving in to the midfield once were comfortable.

Dead game...
  • Argie8
    6349 posts Big Money Move
    Minamino should have played tonight. He looked to be really improving. Origi just isnt good enough for this level
  • tilen11
    edited November 2020
    Its true we didnt need points here. Atalanta and Ajax are still playing each other, both on 7 points. We only realistically needed one win in the remaining 3 games. Still one of the worst games Ive seen. Dont know which one was worse, this one or against Crvena Zvezda.
    Post edited by tilen11 on
  • tilen11
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Minamino should have played tonight. He looked to be really improving. Origi just isnt good enough for this level

Agree. Taki should have played from the start.
  • Snugglebites
    Best to get all our Turnip performances out of the way nice and early.
  • Wyojasond
    15707 posts World Class
    Yeah Origi starting just doesn’t work. He has no energy and can’t control the ball in tight places like Bobby.

Everyone yesterday was horrendous. Jones is the only one I would give a grade above 5.
  • tilen11
    Liverpool turned down chance to sign free agent centre-back Ezequiel Garay.

Garay was offered to Liverpool after leaving Valencia in the summer and the Reds decided that he was not the type of player they want.

(Fabrizio Romano)

“Garay was offered to Liverpool as a free agent but they said no. He’s not the type of player they want. They are in no rush, they are looking at the window for opportunities. They are more interested in extending contracts.”
  • Cyodine
    2908 posts Fans' Favourite
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Liverpool turned down chance to sign free agent centre-back Ezequiel Garay.

Garay was offered to Liverpool after leaving Valencia in the summer and the Reds decided that he was not the type of player they want.

(Fabrizio Romano)

“Garay was offered to Liverpool as a free agent but they said no. He’s not the type of player they want. They are in no rush, they are looking at the window for opportunities. They are more interested in extending contracts.”

That's good news! We've had a lot of our players step up when called upon, so I'm glad we are not pushing to sign someone for the sake of signing.
  • Wyojasond
    15707 posts World Class
    Also states it would require one of the front 3 to leave obviously 💁‍♂️

• Ashy
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    That suggests you won't have a major signing in January or the the whole of next season with his buy out clause coming into play summer 2022?
  • Kellnerr
    Eww where is Matip? Good to see Taki getting a chance, hopefully we can get the win.

• Kellnerr
    Considering Haaland, he wouldn't take Salah or Mane's spot so it obviously has to be Firmino to move back into midfield (yes please) or to another club.

I also think major signing just means a Thiago-like signing. I wouldn't count Upamecano as someone like that, for example. Don't think that rumours are too reliable anyway.
  • Snugglebites
    I'm surprised Matip managed two games in a few days. No way he can do 3 a week.
  • tilen11
    Matip not injured. Just managing minutes. He has been absent for some time and already played 2 games this week.

James Pearce
  • tilen11
    Reasonable thing to do. We absolutely cannot afford to lose him again due to injury.
  • tilen11
    Cmon Neco ffs.. Thank god players forgot how to shoot penalties against us apparently
  • Kellnerr
    As good as Neco has looked last season, he's been terrible so far this season.
  • SimenHP
    2961 posts National Call-Up
    It's so weird seeing how much one player does for the whole team. Liverpool hasn't looked the same since VVD got injured. I watch Real Madrid weekly and every match Ramos doesn't play the whole team falls apart. It looks like Liverpool is the same when VVD doesn't play.
  • G000ner
    5593 posts Big Money Move
    SimenHP wrote: »
    It's so weird seeing how much one player does for the whole team. Liverpool hasn't looked the same since VVD got injured. I watch Real Madrid weekly and every match Ramos doesn't play the whole team falls apart. It looks like Liverpool is the same when VVD doesn't play.

Think it's more that Neco Williams and Nat Phillips aren't premier league level defenders. Any team would struggle with them at the back
  • Snugglebites
    Best thing we did in the summer was keeping Gini.