Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Kellnerr
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    Gotta love Arsenal's game plan today. Instead of playing the long ball under no pressure they tried to play it out of the back just to ultimately play the long ball under big pressure and losing it. Worked like twice out of 30 times though :lol:
  • Wyojasond
    15107 posts World Class
    I really expected more of a challenge from Arsenal. That was dreadful from them. Lost track of how many times we outmuscled them in challenges and attackers just brushing past them.

Nice league debut for Jota. Really showed what he’s gonna bring to this team.

Lastly, how about Alisson. What a game from him. Yes one was an offside save but still making them 😎
  • LFC Simon 98
    20263 posts Club Captain
    3 points. Jota goal. Simple.
  • Cyodine
    2789 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm glad Jota got a goal, hopefully it keeps Mane/Salah a bit more sharp knowing we have someone who can come off the bench and score.

Smart move by Klopp bringing Jota on for Mane because Mane was giving that Arsenal side trouble all throughout the game.
  • Cyodine
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Gotta love Arsenal's game plan today. Instead of playing the long ball under no pressure they tried to play it out of the back just to ultimately play the long ball under big pressure and losing it. Worked like twice out of 30 times though :lol:

Yeah... I was just waiting for the moment they gifted us a free goal, it didn't happen obviously but it was close.
  • Wyojasond
    15107 posts World Class
    Still buzzing about today’s win. Just how utterly dominant we were. First game in awhile too where I felt like we weren’t really missing Hendo.

Our midfield depth is just nuts at the moment. Gini and Keita have both looked very solid. Kind of missed the news about Thiago injury so not sure how bad it is, but our ability to change our midfield in so many ways is exciting.
  • LFC Simon 98
    20263 posts Club Captain
    Auba has always given Trent a horrid time. Feel like he dealt with him very well yesterday. Had a dodgy start to the season but last night was much more like it
  • Pxul_
    9833 posts League Winner
    I did miss the first half yesterday because I was driving home from work. Did Trent have much to do in that first half? Because aub was invisible in the second half.
  • LFC Simon 98
    20263 posts Club Captain
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I did miss the first half yesterday because I was driving home from work. Did Trent have much to do in that first half? Because aub was invisible in the second half.

He had like 7 touches in the first half. But was a bit of a non factor
  • arsenalap
    8620 posts League Winner
    edited September 29
    Tbh I thought Gomez dealt with Auba, didnt see Trent near him most the time.

If Willian wasnt so poor we could have taken advantage as there was definitely space to exploit.
  • Wyojasond
    15107 posts World Class
    Yesterday was definitely TAA’s best game of the season so far. Crosses were on point, wasn’t getting caught out as much defensively. Same goes for Gomez, he had a huge game.
  • tilen11
    6247 posts Big Money Move
    When you get past the Liverpool press, you then hit Van Dijk. He then hits a 60-yard pass to Mo Salah and they are out of the press. This is quality.

Mikel Arteta speaking to Sky Sports
  • Pxul_
    9833 posts League Winner
    I thought Gomez came back with a point to prove and he had a quality game, didn’t put a foot wrong in that second half.
  • Snugglebites
    2004 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wonderful performance, complete domination for 90 mins. Mane was lucky not to be sent off, though.
    Ceballos is still a pansy.
  • Kellnerr
    Wonderful performance, complete domination for 90 mins. Mane was lucky not to be sent off, though.

Ceballos is the new Herrera
  • Ahmer50x
    25500 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 29
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Ceballos is the new Herrera

giphy.gif

Ander is well clear.
  • tilen11
    6247 posts Big Money Move
    Though I dont rate Herrera that much, comparing the 2 is an insult to Herrera.
  • Ashy
    12325 posts Has That Special Something
    Not sure what's up with the sudden Ceballos hate in here but okay
  • Snugglebites
    2004 posts Fans' Favourite
    Acts the tough guy but goes down like a fairy at the slightest touch. I've noticed it since he joined Arsenal.
  • arsenalap
    8620 posts League Winner
    Acts the tough guy but goes down like a fairy at the slightest touch. I've noticed it since he joined Arsenal.

Like 90% of players then :D
  • Stlducks
    3565 posts National Call-Up
    Ashy wrote: »
    Not sure what's up with the sudden Ceballos hate in here but okay

yea that's a strange one? I thought he was Arsenal's best player when he came on.. Pepe on the other hand is just awful.
  • LFC Simon 98
    20263 posts Club Captain

I’m not completely agreeing with the tweet but this is very interesting
  • Kellnerr
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Though I dont rate Herrera that much, comparing the 2 is an insult to Herrera.

I wasn't referring to the quality of those players, just their similar unlikeable antics.
  • El_Nino
    6533 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone that’s critiquing Firmino based on his goals clearly doesn’t watch him a great deal.

With this being said he has been in pretty awful form for some time, regardless of goals(started this season abit brighter though I’d say)
  • Pxul_
    9833 posts League Winner
    I wish he’d score more goals but he’s been great think Taki does deserve a chance at some point to start with the first team.

I was talking to my boss about the jota signing and I think it’s eventually time to ease to the 4231.

Fabinho Thiago
    Mane Firmino Jota
    Salah

I’d like to see us try something similar to this. I’m also really enjoying watching keita aswell he’s been a joy to watch.

So many options for us at the moment it’s a great time to be a Liverpool fan.
  • Cyodine
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I wish he’d score more goals but he’s been great think Taki does deserve a chance at some point to start with the first team.

I was talking to my boss about the jota signing and I think it’s eventually time to ease to the 4231.

Fabinho Thiago
    Mane Firmino Jota
    Salah

I’d like to see us try something similar to this. I’m also really enjoying watching keita aswell he’s been a joy to watch.

So many options for us at the moment it’s a great time to be a Liverpool fan.

I like Taki but the only time I see him starting is if Firmino is injured or needs rest. Firmino does too much work off the ball to simply be dropped by Klopp.

I agree with you about Jota, can easily see us playing 4231 if he performs well. It's just the start of the season but I'm very excited to have Thiago and Jota in the team!
  • Cyodine
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Anyone that’s critiquing Firmino based on his goals clearly doesn’t watch him a great deal.

With this being said he has been in pretty awful form for some time, regardless of goals(started this season abit brighter though I’d say)

There was a few matches or more that he was just completely sloppy with his link up. I'm pretty sure he's the first on the team sheet regardless of form because how important he is when it comes to our press.
  • Cyodine
    Nooooooooo
  • Cyodine
    How much do you think Sancho would cost us next summer?