Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Wyojasond
    14858 posts Has That Special Something
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Don't know why anyone would want Gerrard surely you'd rather win things with a top manager than take a punt on someone just because he's a club legend. Look at United with Ole he's a solid manager but they can still do better.

I mean Gerrard is off to a fairly good start as a manager thus far and even Klopp has said he’d love to have him as part of his coaching staff.

I certainly don’t think he deserves the job just because he’s a club legend, but he’ll certainly be considered because of it. He’s already been approached for a few jobs in England (mostly championship teams so far) so we can wait and see how he does.
  • Stlducks
    3004 posts National Call-Up
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Don't know why anyone would want Gerrard surely you'd rather win things with a top manager than take a punt on someone just because he's a club legend. Look at United with Ole he's a solid manager but they can still do better.

I mean Gerrard is off to a fairly good start as a manager thus far and even Klopp has said he’d love to have him as part of his coaching staff.

I certainly don’t think he deserves the job just because he’s a club legend, but he’ll certainly be considered because of it. He’s already been approached for a few jobs in England (mostly championship teams so far) so we can wait and see how he does.

Not like we haven't seen a club give the job to someone just because their a legend before..
  • Wyojasond
    Couple of quick notes to start the week...
    • Sheffield United have reportedly made a “detailed pitch” as to why they’d be the best club for Rhian Brewster‘s next loan move
    • The Reds still want two more positions filled this summer…and neither are a role which Thiago plays. A senior CB ok with being 4th choice and an attacker. Sounds like we are hoping Watford flinch and lower Sarrs price.
    • And Grujic’s agent says the midfielder will be with the Reds until January at least
  • Ahmer50x
    24869 posts Club Captain

Idk how reliable this is but given you guys talk about him a lot, I figured I'd post.
  • Pietu
    7216 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Idk how reliable this is but given you guys talk about him a lot, I figured I'd post.

For 40 Million, they can have him
  • Argie8
    6305 posts Big Money Move
    Our highline has given me anxiety since last season. We're SO much more open with it. I understand that when we have it perfected we'll be a better team but id be lying if i said i didnt prefer us before we played such a high line
  • Wyojasond
    Sarr deal is tricky. Watford bought him last year for like 30+ figuring they could probably flip him in a few years for twice that. Don’t think they ever thought they’d be relegated and on top of that all the lost revenue from Covid.

Don’t blame them for the price, I just think he’s about half that right now 💁‍♂️
  • Argie8
    6305 posts Big Money Move
    is Sarr any better than Shaqiri or Origi? maybe, but we can do better imo, especially at that price
  • Kellnerr
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    I'd rather take Deulofeu for like half that price. Too bad he was at Everton before.
  • Wyojasond
    I really like Sarr. Said it last year that I think he’s a great young talent. His comparisons to Mane are easy to see.

That being said, he’s nowhere worth 40m right now.
  • tilen11
    6179 posts Big Money Move
    Origi would be perfect for Fenerbahce and a starting forward. Good move for him if it happens.

• Pxul_
    9673 posts League Winner
    I think if he goes we sign Sarr or an equivalent
  • Kellnerr
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I think if he goes we sign Sarr or an equivalent

Perisic on loan would be great and cheap imo.
  • Snugglebites
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    25M for Brewster is madness. No wonder nobody is buying him.
  • Ashy
    11882 posts Has That Special Something

It's a lot but I think Sheffield and Brighton need a goalscorer and they may get desperate. The question is can Brewster do it in the PL
  • Pxul_
    9673 posts League Winner
    I think he could easily do it in the prem, if he goes to a Sheffield United, Brighton or West Brom he starts every game and will get 10+ goals imo.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19983 posts Club Captain
    The kids a natural finisher 100%. Scores all types of goals, has a fair bit of pace too.
  • Kellnerr
    Too bad Bournemouth isn't in the PL anymore :(
  • Wyojasond
    Considering Watkins went for 30+, I think 25 is more than acceptable for Brewster. I’m still hoping he stays, but who knows anymore. Just ready for this window to be over 😂
  • Ashy
    11882 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 15
    Considering Watkins went for 30+, I think 25 is more than acceptable for Brewster. I’m still hoping he stays, but who knows anymore. Just ready for this window to be over 😂

Yes but Watkins doesn't have a buy back clause and it was £28m rising to £33m. If he smashes it he could go for a massive amount in the future while if Brewster smashes it Liverpool can bring him back for a fee I'd imagine around £40-45m so £15-20m profit. Where as Watkins probably won't but could go for £60m+ who knows how he will do
  • LFC Simon 98
    19983 posts Club Captain
    Watkins would also have higher wages and has a lower potential. So you can play devils advocate either way in that scenario.
  • Snugglebites
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero

Watkins has had several years of good performances. Brewster has had a good 6 months.
  • wth22
    11472 posts Has That Special Something

Liverpool are missing their money laundering buddies Bournemouth, they'd buy him for 40

Really do hope you guys loan him out at least though, nothing to do with him being a 4.5m striker on FPL of course...
  • tilen11
    6179 posts Big Money Move
    wth22 wrote: »

Liverpool are missing their money laundering buddies Bournemouth, they'd buy him for 40

Really do hope you guys loan him out at least though, nothing to do with him being a 4.5m striker on FPL of course...

Preferably Brighton tyvm
  • Wyojasond
    Gini is staying and latest reports seem to be that Grujic is too. Would still like to believe this happens the last week, but my faith is wavering.

• Cyodine
    2677 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gini is staying and latest reports seem to be that Grujic is too. Would still like to believe this happens the last week, but my faith is wavering.

Hopefully Grujic gets a bit of playing time with the busy schedule this season.
  • Snugglebites
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    Grujic isn't getting any playtime unless there's a mass injury crisis.
  • Kellnerr
    Show Grujic the door and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ bring Thiago in