Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• tilen11
    6195 posts Big Money Move
    Financial constraints mean that Napoli's Kolibaly and Diego Carlos of Sevilla are out of the question. Real Betis Aissa Mandi would be a cheaper and a more realistic option.

@JamesPearceLFC

Not surprised tbh. Koulibaly would be well over 70 and Carlos has like a 55m? Release clause if i remember correctly.
  • tilen11
    Tsimikas covers the left back post. If Sarr and Mandi eventually sign, that means we've bought cover for our attackers, cover for CB position and LB. Everything that Pearce, Reddy, Ornstein etc. reported we would.

Id be more than happy with that.
  • Wyojasond
    14902 posts Has That Special Something
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Tsimikas covers the left back post. If Sarr and Mandi eventually sign, that means we've bought cover for our attackers, cover for CB position and LB. Everything that Pearce, Reddy, Ornstein etc. reported we would.

Id be more than happy with that.

Yeah I agree. Still think we’ll try to get a deal on White or Kabak, but Mandi seems the most likely at this stage. Sarr would be such a great addition to our attack as well.

A nice refresh of the bench players was needed. Biggest issue going forward will be what happens with Gini. Only see Thiago happening if we can’t get him a new contract and decide to sell. Saw some rumors the other day he’s potentially interested in going to a team where he can be more of a CAM 🤷‍♂️
  • Pietu
    7246 posts Big Money Move
    The more I read about Tsimikas the more I want him. I think he is a better player than Lewis and he has done really well in Europe and the whole PL proven argument is stupid to me so not concerned about that.
  • tilen11
    Many clubs were interested in Tsimikas. Leicester, Sevilla, City, Lokomotiv Moscow and Napoli who have been in contact with Olympiacos for over 8 months. Tsimikas's wish was to work with Klopp and to go to Liverpool.

Tsimikas is supposedly in Liverpool for his medical. Official reveal in a day or two.

Guardian reports he is to sign a 5y contract, 50k per week, Echo reports that personal terms are unclear. (I think the Guardian isnt far off here. 50 is probably max for now)
  • Wyojasond
    Pietu wrote: »
    The more I read about Tsimikas the more I want him. I think he is a better player than Lewis and he has done really well in Europe and the whole PL proven argument is stupid to me so not concerned about that.

Most reports have been saying he was Klopps top target (although Lewis wasn’t a bad second option at all)

I think he’ll be a great backup. Sounds like he’s a gym rat and just like Robertson will run all day long. Kind of crazy to think we’ve gone the last few seasons without a real backup for him.
  • Maverick
    7207 posts Big Money Move
    I don't think we'll get Sarr. Too expensive for a backup.
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Welcome!
  • Snugglebites
    1917 posts Play-Off Hero
    Looking at Shaqiri now, I think we might keep him now his "injuries" are over.
  • Kellnerr
    3824 posts National Call-Up
    Looking at Shaqiri now, I think we might keep him now his "injuries" are over.

I actually hope we keep him. He's our best backup and there's no reason to sell him unless he wants to move for more gametime with regard to the Euros next year.
  • tilen11
    Yet again, they've put in some serious work regarding Tsimikas.

It was three years ago when Liverpool's recruitment team were first alerted to their new £12million left-back. Scouts who cover Dutch region for the Reds were dispatched to provide feedback on the development of Pedro Chirivella during his loan spell at Willem II.

While updating on the progress of the Spanish midfielder, talent-spotters noticed a pacey, aggressive left-back who was also on loan and informed those back at base. Since then, Tsimikas is someone they have tracked
  • Cyodine
    2725 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sarr would be a nice signing. It would make Mane probably very happy if we did sign him. He's definitely got the skills to excel and he's young, so eventually a starting position would be his if he improves.

Any rumors on what price we'd have to pay to sign him?
  • tilen11
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Sarr would be a nice signing. It would make Mane probably very happy if we did sign him. He's definitely got the skills to excel and he's young, so eventually a starting position would be his if he improves.

30 at least
  • Cyodine

30 at least

Not bad. He's a tall pacey winger, could be the next Ronaldo if we sign him. Did pretty well in his first PL season with Watford. He could easily do much better with a side that creates constant chances.
  • Sellish
    10196 posts Has That Special Something

30 at least

Not bad. He's a tall pacey winger, could be the next Ronaldo if we sign him. Did pretty well in his first PL season with Watford. He could easily do much better with a side that creates constant chances.

I assume this is a joke?
  • Argie8
    6310 posts Big Money Move
    Sellish wrote: »

30 at least

I assume this is a joke?

i hope so haha
  • Maverick
    7207 posts Big Money Move
    Lol
  • Wyojasond
    Well we are after the future Neymar 😏

Article also says that Bayern will be wiling to “work with” any big team that comes in for Thiago.

• Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    edited August 11

30 at least

That sounds high.
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain

30 at least

I assume this is a joke?

The Klopp effect.
  • Wyojasond
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »

30 at least

That sounds high.

Watford paid 30+ for him just last summer. Unless he has a relegation clause (which I haven’t seen anything) he’ll be at least 30 🤷‍♂️
  • Ahmer50x
    25005 posts Player of the Year

Really feeling like it may depend on Wijnaldum moving on. Can see Juve in for Wij myself if they want to freshen the midfield a bit more for Pirlo.
  • Wyojasond
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Really feeling like it may depend on Wijnaldum moving on. Can see Juve in for Wij myself if they want to freshen the midfield a bit more for Pirlo.

Yeah I agree at this stage. Latest reports are saying that Gini isn’t asking out and Liverpool aren’t currently shopping him. So he may just leave on a free next summer. 🤷‍♂️
  • Cyodine

30 at least

I assume this is a joke?

Hey now! If the next Ronaldo only cost 30m that's a steal! Got a team full of world class players and many of them are a result of the Klopp Effect.
  • Cyodine

Enough to buy Ismaila 'Ronaldo' Sarr.
  • Ashy
    12011 posts Has That Special Something
    The Senegalise Ronaldo