Comments

• tilen11
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    Robbo telling the ref after the game, whats the point having you :joy:
  • Pietu
    6874 posts Big Money Move
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Robbo telling the ref after the game, whats the point having you :joy:

Tbf, sometimes there is no point. Sometimes they make absolutely awful decisions
  • Wyojasond
    14359 posts Has That Special Something
    That guy was horrible yesterday. Forget the possible Robbo and Salah penalties. Every time Burnley got in the box there CBs were all over Alisson. Not once was a call made 🙄

Part of the game though too 🤷‍♂️ As frustrating as yesterday was, hopefully it gives the boys some motivation. Don’t blame them for taking it a bit easier to end the season, but a few of them could use a kick in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about there position. I thought Gomez had another meh game. Made a couple of mistakes that gave them big chances. Then there’s Bobby.....wouldn’t trade him for anything in the world, but hopefully Brewster can come in and provide a bit of competition next season.
  • Bob_Dylan
    20857 posts Club Captain
    I’d happily drive him to Russia myself.
  • Kellnerr
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    I'd say City being not banned is actually good for us.
  • Tornado31619
    21592 posts Club Captain
    Why?
  • tilen11
    edited July 13
    They actually got cleared of all charges :joy:

Dont even know why CAS exists. If any other club would be investigated they would receive lifetime European competitions ban and a 400m fine.
  • Kellnerr
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    Why?

Otherwise they could have fully concentrated on the league.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Was just taking a look at Klopps timeline with Liverpool. Its interesting that when he came in, of course it was only half a season but you finished 8th and didn't get European football.

Its looking likely that Arteta wont have European football in his first season. So money wise we'll be down, but interestingly you made 76M in sales and spent 61M of that.

Mane, Wijnaldum, Matip, Karius and Klavan came in for Klopps first full summer and you managed to get 4th. Now Klopps first squad was pretty dire, Arteta has a better set of players to work with initially. Which is a bonus because there's more competition for places now.

Then that was the point where Coutinho was sold to Barca. But a clear plan was in place before that with the signings of Salah and Robbo in July. You pretty much spent 30m net, which funnily enough is around what you get for qualifying for the CL. Makes sense, then the Coutinho sale came in Jan it allowed you to buy a top tier commanding CB in Virgil and you also signed the Ox. Coutinho money spent.

Not sure we have. Coutinho esque player sale in us, but we'll see how the squad progresses. Doesn't have to be one player. I guess we could sell 3 or 4 players to achieve that total. Anyway...

Just trying to make myself feel better, because as you guys probably saw straight away with Klopp, he had a style, just not the right players to implement it. He had no money, but generated cash and signed astutely.

Moral of the story is anyone can be like Manchester City and you can throw billions at it if you want like Manchester United. But there is a way without much money, you just have to be patient.
  • Mike
    10276 posts Has That Special Something

Dont even know why CAS exists. If any other club would be investigated they would receive lifetime European competitions ban and a 400m fine.
    Rules are rule I’m afraid
  • tilen11
    Mike wrote: »

Rules are rule I’m afraid

Missed u
  • tilen11
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Was just taking a look at Klopps timeline with Liverpool. Its interesting that when he came in, of course it was only half a season but you finished 8th and didn't get European football.

Its looking likely that Arteta wont have European football in his first season. So money wise we'll be down, but interestingly you made 76M in sales and spent 61M of that.

Mane, Wijnaldum, Matip, Karius and Klavan came in for Klopps first full summer and you managed to get 4th. Now Klopps first squad was pretty dire, Arteta has a better set of players to work with initially. Which is a bonus because there's more competition for places now.

Then that was the point where Coutinho was sold to Barca. But a clear plan was in place before that with the signings of Salah and Robbo in July. You pretty much spent 30m net, which funnily enough is around what you get for qualifying for the CL. Makes sense, then the Coutinho sale came in Jan it allowed you to buy a top tier commanding CB in Virgil and you also signed the Ox. Coutinho money spent.

Not sure we have. Coutinho esque player sale in us, but we'll see how the squad progresses. Doesn't have to be one player. I guess we could sell 3 or 4 players to achieve that total. Anyway...

Just trying to make myself feel better, because as you guys probably saw straight away with Klopp, he had a style, just not the right players to implement it. He had no money, but generated cash and signed astutely.

Moral of the story is anyone can be like Manchester City and you can throw billions at it if you want like Manchester United. But there is a way without much money, you just have to be patient.

Everyone can be successful with a good manager but you have to give him time.

We prived that. You cant be the best straight away. Higher ups need to accept that the club may have one or two hard seasons but that is not the case nowadays since everybody just wants to do it immediately.

Season by season we improved and each season we won something. Hopefully we build on that for years to come.
  • tilen11
    Leaked kits 20/21. Tbh they look fantastic to me. That mint colored away and home are both must buy for me.

YjxQDYW.jpg
  • Cyodine
    2415 posts Fans' Favourite
    Leaked kits 20/21. Tbh they look fantastic to me. That mint colored away and home are both must buy for me.

YjxQDYW.jpg

Still not liking the green line on the arm and neck pieces of the shirt but I can get used to it.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner

Everyone can be successful with a good manager but you have to give him time.

We prived that. You cant be the best straight away. Higher ups need to accept that the club may have one or two hard seasons but that is not the case nowadays since everybody just wants to do it immediately.

Season by season we improved and each season we won something. Hopefully we build on that for years to come.

yeah I'm hoping we can do something similar
  • Cyodine
    2415 posts Fans' Favourite

As long as Arteta can improve the squad and get top 4 next year, then I can see you all having a similar project. Just hopefully the board and fans are patient with Arteta and give him the support he needs to keep moving forward. Gotta get the players required for his style of play before anything can start to improve.

The only major difference is that Klopp did have a good record of success before coming to us. Arteta is still highly unproven, so he's going to need a lot of backing to remain long term but he has worked with Pep, so surely something has rubbed off.
  • Ashy
    11115 posts Has That Special Something
    Is yellow GK?
  • tilen11
    Luis Alberto on why he wasnt successful when he was with us.
    Self critical comment and I like that. I always liked the guy and Im happy he is one of the best CMs in Serie A atm. Great previous season and he has 6g/16a this year.

qQbHxi2.jpg
  • tilen11
    Ashy wrote: »
    Is yellow GK?

Yellow and black.
  • tilen11
    Cyodine wrote: »

YjxQDYW.jpg

Still not liking the green line on the arm and neck pieces of the shirt but I can get used to it.

I like it a lot because its different. Something new
  • Wyojasond
    Is yellow GK?

Yellow and black.

Black is the keeper too? Damn, thought that was the third kit 😂

I like them personally. Gonna look even better with that shiny new patch on it 😎
  • tilen11
    Is yellow GK?

Yellow and black.

Black is the keeper too? Damn, thought that was the third kit 😂

I like them personally. Gonna look even better with that shiny new patch on it 😎

Supposedly. Maybe its the third 🤷‍♂️ :joy:
  • Pxul_
    9410 posts League Winner
    The yellow will be the 3rd and the black GK I’d take it as? Maybe I’m wrong tho.
  • tilen11
    Jürgen Klopp is interested in taking charge of the German national team when his contract at Liverpool FC expires in 2024.

(BILD)
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Tbf Liverpool are likely to dominate until then and it will probs go downhill after
  • tilen11
    edited July 13
    Tbf Liverpool are likely to dominate until then and it will probs go downhill after

Depends who takes over, depends on our recruitment, team one inherits etc. That is also IF Klopp leaves when his contract expires.
  • Wyojasond
    What I saw yesterday is he’ll see out his contract, take a year off and then look at options. Has said he’d be very interested in returning to Mainz as well.

Never want to see him leave, but we have two amazing options readily available and that’s not even taking into account top tier choices. Ljinders and Gerrard 💁‍♂️
  • tilen11
    What I saw yesterday is he’ll see out his contract, take a year off and then look at options. Has said he’d be very interested in returning to Mainz as well.

Never want to see him leave, but we have two amazing options readily available and that’s not even taking into account top tier choices. Ljinders and Gerrard 💁‍♂️

I never want to see him leave also but he gave us/will give us almost 10 years. Successful so far, we don't know what will happen in the next 4 (hopefully even more success). Gerrard will be experienced by then and would be nice to see him return as Lampard did to Chelsea.
    Wouldn't mind Ljinders who most people believe (myself included) Klopp is grooming to replace him. Guy lives and breathes Liverpool, is admired by everyone, great character and knows the squad.

If not Gerrard or Ljinders, Nagelsmann is who I would like to see.