Liverpool Football Club

Comments

  • Wyojasond
    14887 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    should seen how busy pubs have been since they opened, surely the rona is over and done with?

    Well we’re on state lockdown number 2 here in Arizona because they opened up to quick to start with and now the governor is just throwing darts and hoping something sticks 🤦‍♂️
  • LAboog4
    832 posts Semi-Pro
    How is it not possible? Everyone knows Liverpool could easily afford that fee. I understand COVID is going to hinder signings but a club like Liverpool can still spend 40-50 million unless they are pretty poorly run financially.

    You have Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United all looking to spend more and I would think they are the same level as Liverpool in terms of finances.
  • Wyojasond
    14887 posts Has That Special Something
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    How is it not possible? Everyone knows Liverpool could easily afford that fee. I understand COVID is going to hinder signings but a club like Liverpool can still spend 40-50 million unless they are pretty poorly run financially.

    You have Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United all looking to spend more and I would think they are the same level as Liverpool in terms of finances.

    A new training facility is being built. Stadium expansion. Current player contracts being improved (VVD, Mane, Salah) American owners who already faced a backlash when they tried to furlough earlier 😂 The situation with the MLB season certainly hasn’t helped.

    It’s gonna be a lot of youth being brought up early I’d say. With clubs beneath us having some great young talent prove there worth, and the success of TAA I expect a few academy kids on the bench each week. Klopp has said he wants a full team of Scousers 😂

    Personally I think we still do a few deals. Just nothing major. FSG will be patient to see what the market looks like.
  • LFC Simon 98
    20006 posts Club Captain
    People who actually listen to Klopp are a bit silly. Man should play poker. He also said he didn’t even want Salah :D
  • Pietu
    7245 posts Big Money Move
    People who actually listen to Klopp are a bit silly. Man should play poker. He also said he didn’t even want Salah :D

    Salah wasn't his number 1 target but the analysts and those guys convinced him to get Salah.
  • Stlducks
    3131 posts National Call-Up
    Pietu wrote: »
    People who actually listen to Klopp are a bit silly. Man should play poker. He also said he didn’t even want Salah :D

    Salah wasn't his number 1 target but the analysts and those guys convinced him to get Salah.

    Who was his number 1 target?
  • Pietu
    7245 posts Big Money Move
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    People who actually listen to Klopp are a bit silly. Man should play poker. He also said he didn’t even want Salah :D

    Salah wasn't his number 1 target but the analysts and those guys convinced him to get Salah.

    Who was his number 1 target?

    Julian Brandt
  • Wyojasond
    14887 posts Has That Special Something
    Another thing related to available cash could potentially be bonuses being paid as well. I’m assuming a fair amount of contracts had those written into them if we won the league.

    I know Klopp said the other day he planned to give big bonuses to his back room staff.
  • Ashy
    11976 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't think Liverpool NEED Thiago they have a good team, why get rid of Wijnaldum when he has been good for Liverpool. The real issue is having a quality attacker on the bench that could rotate with the 3 and a back up left back unless they have a good youngster that can play there. Midfield and central defence is fine for another season imo.
  • LFC Simon 98
    20006 posts Club Captain
    Man like Larouci gonna be the LB cover I’d imagine. Speedy kid

    Attack wise we have some great young attackers and I’m willing to give Minamino a lot more time. He’s only been learning english 6months tbf
  • Ashy
    11976 posts Has That Special Something
    Wilson, Minamino, Elliott,
    Origi, Brewster, Shaqiri
  • Wyojasond
    14887 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »
    I don't think Liverpool NEED Thiago they have a good team, why get rid of Wijnaldum when he has been good for Liverpool. The real issue is having a quality attacker on the bench that could rotate with the 3 and a back up left back unless they have a good youngster that can play there. Midfield and central defence is fine for another season imo.

    I love Gini, so not saying this is proof we need him, but this was being shared a lot the other day.

    SavYBFx.jpg
  • LFC Simon 98
    20006 posts Club Captain
    Just incase people ain’t noticed but Brewster scoreD yet again
  • Pietu
    7245 posts Big Money Move
    Just incase people ain’t noticed but Brewster scoreD yet again

    Nice D :trollface:
  • Kellnerr
    3819 posts National Call-Up
    Will be very interesting what we will do with Brewster. Wilson aswell. For me, 3 players for depth (+ Ox) for our front 3 would be enough. Elliot and Minamino seem to be safe, still leaves Brewster, Wilson, Origi and Shaqiri. Will probably keep 4 of them in the end. Ngl, could be better quality-wise.
  • Apollo
    20507 posts Club Captain
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Will be very interesting what we will do with Brewster. Wilson aswell. For me, 3 players for depth (+ Ox) for our front 3 would be enough. Elliot and Minamino seem to be safe, still leaves Brewster, Wilson, Origi and Shaqiri. Will probably keep 4 of them in the end. Ngl, could be better quality-wise.

    PL loan for the next step in Brewster's development?
  • LFC Simon 98
    20006 posts Club Captain
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Will be very interesting what we will do with Brewster. Wilson aswell. For me, 3 players for depth (+ Ox) for our front 3 would be enough. Elliot and Minamino seem to be safe, still leaves Brewster, Wilson, Origi and Shaqiri. Will probably keep 4 of them in the end. Ngl, could be better quality-wise.

    Elliott no where near first team yet imo. He certainly has the talent but Klopp said the only reason he isn’t out on loan is because he’s to young yet for it. Wanted to keep him around the squad this year as he hasn’t learned Klopp’s principles etc.

    Brewster, Minamino, Origi and Ox for depth

    Elliott out on loan. Wilson can go if enough is offered
  • Wyojasond
    14887 posts Has That Special Something
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Will be very interesting what we will do with Brewster. Wilson aswell. For me, 3 players for depth (+ Ox) for our front 3 would be enough. Elliot and Minamino seem to be safe, still leaves Brewster, Wilson, Origi and Shaqiri. Will probably keep 4 of them in the end. Ngl, could be better quality-wise.

    Elliott no where near first team yet imo. He certainly has the talent but Klopp said the only reason he isn’t out on loan is because he’s to young yet for it. Wanted to keep him around the squad this year as he hasn’t learned Klopp’s principles etc.

    Brewster, Minamino, Origi and Ox for depth

    Elliott out on loan. Wilson can go if enough is offered

    Agree 100% with this. Don’t think Wilson has a future here 🤷‍♂️

    Almost a shame Brewster isn’t currently here. Think Klopp would’ve given him a bunch of chances after the title was locked up. Still great to see him doing so well 😎
  • LFC Simon 98
    20006 posts Club Captain
    Feel the same. Sad he isn’t about and can’t get a medal but nice to see him thrive rather than get half and hour every other game
  • Kellnerr
    3819 posts National Call-Up
    Haters will say Firmino doesn't score enough
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Naby <3
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    What a goal!
  • Wyojasond
    14887 posts Has That Special Something
    Naby has looked amazing so far. Great in the press, slick little passes. Need more of this Naby and he’ll be undroppable.

    Still early and yes Brighton look like 💩 but still good to see.
  • Wyojasond
    14887 posts Has That Special Something
    Should’ve played Neco on the right and TAA on the left. Kid doesn’t have much of a left foot 😂 Not the best night for him, but good experience none the less.

    Hendo chewing his *** as I type this 😂
  • WryLucky
    3020 posts National Call-Up
    Lamptey is having a good game, I'm sad he left
  • Ahmer50x
    24982 posts Player of the Year
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Lamptey is having a good game, I'm sad he left

    Looked great every time I've seen him. Will be at a bigger club summer 2021 at this rate IMO
  • LFC Simon 98
    20006 posts Club Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Lamptey is having a good game, I'm sad he left

    Looked great every time I've seen him. Will be at a bigger club summer 2021 at this rate IMO

    Tbf he was at a bigger one 6 months ago.
  • Wyojasond
    14887 posts Has That Special Something
    Keita and Salah seem to be the only ones up for today’s game. Everybody else just going through the motions.
Sign In or Register to comment.