Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Cyodine
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m kind of torn on this. When Auba first went to Arsenal I thought he was done. He’s proved me wrong so I wouldn’t be against bringing him in on a short term deal. Provides something different to Firmino and can cover for the wings too. Don’t see it happening obviously though.

He'd definitely challenge our front 3 and possibly even earn a starting position or force us to change shape. Signing him doesn't make sense since he's just as old as our front 3 unless we want to bag another CL/League, then he'd make us favorites for sure. I'm not opposed to it but AFCON would really hurt us if we did sign him.
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    That’s never going to happen.
  • Ahmer50x
    24861 posts Club Captain
    Turn down Werner for 50m for financial reasons and get linked to Aubameyang? Makes sense :joy:
  • Cyodine
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Turn down Werner for 50m for financial reasons and get linked to Aubameyang? Makes sense :joy:

I honestly don't see us signing anyone other than youth for development. Werner was the mostly likely signing to happen for us and we all know how that went down. Havertz is the second player we've been linked with and he cost much more.
  • Ahmer50x
    24861 posts Club Captain
    Cyodine wrote: »

I honestly don't see us signing anyone other than youth for development. Werner was the mostly likely signing to happen for us and we all know how that went down. Havertz is the second player we've been linked with and he cost much more.

Other than sub 10m kind of deals, only signing I see from you is maybe Ben White or Todd Cantwell for 20-30m if you sell a Lovren or Shaqiri or something.
  • Cyodine
    I'm thinking we win 4-2 against City.
  • Wyojasond
    14800 posts Has That Special Something

Other than sub 10m kind of deals, only signing I see from you is maybe Ben White or Todd Cantwell for 20-30m if you sell a Lovren or Shaqiri or something.

Yeah end of the day I see this. I think we’ll try and steal a few players for real cheap as well.

Hate watching these other teams make flashy signings but we’re not in a bad position at all. Especially if Ox returns to his old self and Keita can stay healthy. Brewster continues to show he could make an impact next season too.
  • Pietu
    7196 posts Big Money Move

Yeah end of the day I see this. I think we’ll try and steal a few players for real cheap as well.

Hate watching these other teams make flashy signings but we’re not in a bad position at all. Especially if Ox returns to his old self and Keita can stay healthy. Brewster continues to show he could make an impact next season too.

We would have made some big signings but Corona completely killed that
  • LFC Simon 98
    19981 posts Club Captain
    Salah to bag tonight I feel it
  • Cyodine
    Salah to bag tonight I feel it

I think we are going to see a Firmino master class tonight, it's been a while since we've seen his magic at work.
  • Pxul_
    9634 posts League Winner
    No fan noise is quality 😂
  • Wyojasond
    Gomez has looked bad tonight.....

I had a feeling this was gonna happen to be honest. Hopefully keeps the boys on there toes for rest of the year into next 💁‍♂️
  • Wyojasond
    Well one bright spot from this, is that Klopp likely won’t give two 💩 about any records so the kids should get a fair amount of playing time now.
  • Littleland95
    17793 posts Moderator
    This is just embarassing.
  • Cyodine
    Well one bright spot from this, is that Klopp likely won’t give two 💩 about any records so the kids should get a fair amount of playing time now.

I hope so, it would be nice to start our focus on next season.
  • Wyojasond
    A nice little reminder that this City team isn’t that far behind us
  • Snugglebites
    1880 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes, please.
  • Cyodine
    He's talented and I'll be happy if he joins, but I just don't understand it unless someone leaves.
  • Low Ki
    12367 posts Has That Special Something
    Who's Bayern replacing him with.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19981 posts Club Captain
    Would make literally no sense but I’d take it
  • El_Nino
    6346 posts Big Money Move
    Think you’d see Ox get very few chances and Gini be relegated to Ox’s role if you signed Thiago.

Henderson/Thiago
    Fabinho

That’d be your full strength midfield I would assume
  • Wyojasond
    It’s a tricky signing for me. Obviously he’s a great talent that you can’t pass up, but not sure we work him in. Unless we’re planning on losing Gini? Can’t remember if he’s signed a new contract or not.
  • El_Nino
    It’s a tricky signing for me. Obviously he’s a great talent that you can’t pass up, but not sure we work him in. Unless we’re planning on losing Gini? Can’t remember if he’s signed a new contract or not.

Wouldn’t say it’s a case of working him in; he’s better than any midfielder you have currently, he goes straight in; it’s more a case of who is sacrificed for him
  • Wyojasond
    El_Nino wrote: »

Wouldn’t say it’s a case of working him in; he’s better than any midfielder you have currently, he goes straight in; it’s more a case of who is sacrificed for him

Most midfields yes, but ours where we ask our CMs to cover the fullbacks as well as heavy press? I’ll admit I haven’t watched him a ton but not sure he does the same job as Gini and Hendo.

That being said, I can see Klopp making some tweaks to his play style. 4-4-2 is starting to expose us a bit. Just look at today and what Atletico did 💁‍♂️
  • El_Nino

Most midfields yes, but ours where we ask our CMs to cover the fullbacks as well as heavy press? I’ll admit I haven’t watched him a ton but not sure he does the same job as Gini and Hendo.

That being said, I can see Klopp making some tweaks to his play style. 4-4-2 is starting to expose us a bit. Just look at today and what Atletico did 💁‍♂️

Don’t think your giving Thiago enough credit, he isn’t a stationary midfield he can cover ground, more than capable of playing alongside Fabinho/Henderson imo(even in your system)
  • Pietu
    7196 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 3
    Hopefully we sign Thiago, he is class and the age absolutely isn't a problem.
  • Wyojasond

Don’t think your giving Thiago enough credit, he isn’t a stationary midfield he can cover ground, more than capable of playing alongside Fabinho/Henderson imo(even in your system)

Well that’s good to know. I’ll admit I haven’t seen him play a lot. Everyone seems to rate him so no major complaints here 😂
  • Wyojasond
    I do have a feeling a change in formation is coming soon. Not sure what, but just a feeling.