Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Cyodine
    2836 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lovren would do well in Italy. Could possibly sign for Milan or a similar team, he's not a bad defender, just not the greatest. He also has lots of experience at the top level. He could age well and live comfortably in Italy, just look at how well Smalling is doing.
  • Ashy
    12633 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 29
    Can't see Klopp paying 35m for a 3rd or 4th choice centre back if he didn't pay 50m for a back up forward that can play left side or striker. Think Liverpool will only spend 30m plus on a starter someone like Koulibaly, could probably get him for 70m plus Lovren
  • Pietu
    7611 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »
    Can't see Klopp paying 35m for a 3rd or 4th choice centre back if he didn't pay 50m for a back up forward that can play left side or striker. Think Liverpool will only spend 30m plus on a starter someone like Koulibaly, could probably get him for 70m plus Lovren

I don't think we would go for Koulibaly even if he was available, personally don’t think we need him.
  • Wyojasond
    15376 posts World Class
    Reports for Koulibaly are all over the place. I don’t see the move happening but would certainly be on board if it happened.

I just want Lovren gone 😂
  • El_Nino
    6720 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 29
    Don’t see Liverpool buying Koulibaly, would be a great move for you right now, but creates issues down the line with his age, So I don’t m see it.

I’ve seen quite abit of White play this year, and I wouldn’t be suprised at all if within a year or two of signing him he’s a starter with VVD.
  • arsenalap
    8700 posts League Winner
    Reports for Koulibaly are all over the place. I don’t see the move happening but would certainly be on board if it happened.

Why would you want Koulibaly?

The other day you guys said youd be happy signing Thiago too.

If you dont have much money why spend it on players who will need replacing in a few years when half your team already lies in that bracket.

Baffles me. I see why City are interested as they need another solid CB and Laporte isnt too old.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited June 29
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Don’t see Liverpool buying Koulibaly, would be a great move for you, but I don’t see it.

I’ve seen quite abit of White play this year, and I wouldn’t be suprised at all if within a year or two of signing him he’s a starter with VVD.

You're not the only rival fan who rates him, he's class, even if Liverpool don't sign him this summer a move to another big club is inevitable in the near future. Really hope they don't get him as I'm a fan of his :D
  • El_Nino
    Apollo wrote: »
    Don’t see Liverpool buying Koulibaly, would be a great move for you, but I don’t see it.

You're not the only rival fan who rates him, he's class, even if Liverpool don't sign him this summer a move to another big club is inevitable. Really hope they don't get him as I'm a fan of his :D

It would be interesting to see if Leeds stumped you the money for him, should they come up, he may be happy to continue and grow there, they could end up spending quite a lot I’d imagine with the size of their club.

Equally yeah I’m sure a big club will snap him up, I don’t care for him at Chelsea as we already have Tomori who I rate higher, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t a top level player in 5 years.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »

You're not the only rival fan who rates him, he's class, even if Liverpool don't sign him this summer a move to another big club is inevitable. Really hope they don't get him as I'm a fan of his :D

It would be interesting to see if Leeds stumped you the money for him, should they come up, he may be happy to continue and grow there, they could end up spending quite a lot I’d imagine with the size of their club.

Equally yeah I’m sure a big club will snap him up, I don’t care for him at Chelsea as we already have Tomori who I rate higher, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t a top level player in 5 years.

I'd imagine Leeds will try yeah, but if Liverpool do properly go in for him they're bound to be favourites to get him.
  • Argie8
    6341 posts Big Money Move
    arsenalap wrote: »

Why would you want Koulibaly?

The other day you guys said youd be happy signing Thiago too.

If you dont have much money why spend it on players who will need replacing in a few years when half your team already lies in that bracket.

Baffles me. I see why City are interested as they need another solid CB and Laporte isnt too old.

this is a fair point. If we "couldnt afford" to sign Werner then i doubt we sign older players who are equally as expensive
  • arsenalap
    8700 posts League Winner
    Wisdom was stabbed and is in hospital now :(
  • Snugglebites
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sounds like he's going to be okay.
  • Kellnerr
    4013 posts National Call-Up
    Wisdom is already 27, I'm definitely getting old :neutral:
  • Littleland95
    17928 posts Moderator
    Matip done for the season.
  • Snugglebites
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's almost been 10 years since we failed to sign Carlton Cole for 20M. Those were dark times.
  • Kellnerr

Hopefully Hoever can make the squad a couple of times then. Anyone but Lovren
  • Maverick
    7525 posts League Winner
    I don't want Lovren anywhere near the team next year. Respect to him, he's been a faithful servant and has put a couple of good shifts in, but for the past year or two everytime he's on the pitch he looks like a scared cat. The opponent knows it too.

• Cyodine
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Hopefully Hoever can make the squad a couple of times then. Anyone but Lovren

If Lovren will leave, then I see him playing a bunch since the league has been officially won. Unless Klopp cares about record points to further expand his success.
  • Wyojasond
    15376 posts World Class
    Can see Klopp playing Lovren a bit now too to A.) get his confidence back and B.) to show other teams he’s worth buying......can’t see it going well.

As for the Koulibaly question. For me it’s a bit different than Thiago. Thiago I think would still be rotated a lot with our current midfield. Koulibaly would step right in as a starter. No offense to Joe, love the guy but he’s just a tiny step below Koulibaly at this stage. Again I don’t think it’s gonna happen. I’d much rather see us go after White.

Watching FSG the last few years I think they are going to look to really steal a few players in this current market. They might not be plan A guys but I think there’re looking more at replacing bench players and upgrading them. Like getting Aouar really cheap from Lyon potentially.
  • Ashy
    12633 posts Has That Special Something
    But they won the league before June 30
  • Kellnerr
    Don't think that has something to do with his contract, because it's a clause in the actual transfer deal. Since he's made 5+ appearances this season, he's part of the league winning squad, so I'd say we must have paid it regardless of his contract situation, even if he officially left today.
  • Cyodine
    Southampton have had a lot of promising players over the years lol. B)
  • El_Nino
    Can we have VVD pls?
  • Pietu
    7611 posts League Winner
    Can we have VVD pls?

50 million euros to my bank account and you have a deal!
  • LFC Simon 98
    20570 posts Club Captain
    Can we have VVD pls?

John Carew would probably be as big a help with your corner issues
  • Wyojasond
    15376 posts World Class
    Guard of Honor at the Etihad today. Don’t think many people would’ve predicted that at the start of the year. Still feels crazy, and almost unreal with everything else going on.

Should be a good game. Have to imagine Pep wants to smash us today to send a message for next year.
  • Kellnerr
    Considering recent performances I don't think City will smash us, I can rather see us winning comfortably, if any. I'm somehow expecting (and hoping because of FPL) a quite boring and quiet game tonight.
  • Wyojasond
    15376 posts World Class
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Considering recent performances I don't think City will smash us, I can rather see us winning comfortably, if any. I'm somehow expecting (and hoping because of FPL) a quite boring and quiet game tonight.

I need a shootout 😂
  • Wyojasond
    15376 posts World Class
    I’m kind of torn on this. When Auba first went to Arsenal I thought he was done. He’s proved me wrong so I wouldn’t be against bringing him in on a short term deal. Provides something different to Firmino and can cover for the wings too. Don’t see it happening obviously though.