Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Kellnerr
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    Ashy wrote: »
    Can't see any team coming close this Liverpool side in the next immediate years, City may lose a few stars if the UCL ban happens and the rest are miles away

Alisson, Adrian
    TAA, Williams/Hoever
    Gomez, White*
    Van Dijk, Matip
    Robertson, Milner, New LB*

Fabinho, Grujic
    Henderson, AOC
    Wijnaldum, Keita

Salah, Minamino
    Firmino, Werner*
    Mane, Origi

Plus Shaqiri, Wilson, Lovren, Karius to sell
    And a bunch of youngsters coming through

Although if Werner happens Firmino would probably drop to midfield with Origi as back up striker but its a different system which may not work as effectively.

Don't think Grujic has a future here tbh. Jones instead of him and it's a perfect squad if all of Werner, White, LB can happen. Only Adrian is the weak link in there.

If Werner happens and we are playing 4231 there's always the possibility of subbing on Minamino/Ox and putting Mane or Salah up front. Like I said, we wouldn't even need Origi. Would be fine with selling him and just bringing Elliot in the squad aswell.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19683 posts World Class
    edited June 3
    Milner is still about aswell. Very important squad member, regardless of what people think of him these days.

Didn’t realise you had him LB, forget how versatile he is at time’s
  • Pxul_
    9366 posts League Winner
    Heard rumours of Adrian going back to Spain? Maybe I’m wrong but we might also need a back up.
  • Kellnerr
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Heard rumours of Adrian going back to Spain? Maybe I’m wrong but we might also need a back up.

I'd be happy with Karius as backup personally. Would rather have him than Adrian aswell
  • tilen11
    5925 posts Big Money Move

Nope. Pearce confirmed a couple of days ago that all rumours are false and that he is staying here.
  • Cyodine
    2360 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kellnerr wrote: »

I'd be happy with Karius as backup personally. Would rather have him than Adrian aswell

It would be nice to see Karius again.
  • Bob_Dylan
    20695 posts Club Captain
    I'd rather have Adrian.
  • Kellnerr
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    I'd rather have Adrian.

Really? Both of them have mistakes in them but I think Karius is both a better shot stopper and better with his feet.
  • Pxul_
    9366 posts League Winner
    I’d rather get Reina from Villa when they go down
  • Bob_Dylan
    20695 posts Club Captain
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    I'd rather have Adrian.

Really? Both of them have mistakes in them but I think Karius is both a better shot stopper and better with his feet.

Based on character rather than ability to be honest haha.
    I’d rather get Reina from Villa when they go down

I'd love that. How old is he these days?
  • Wyojasond
    14153 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah Adrian is staying. Looks like Karius could go to Hertha with Grujic.

In more Werner news.....there’s this. I really hope Chelsea doesn’t swoop in and snag him. That’s the only team I feel like he would fit in and really consider. Although I only see it happening if we tell Werner we have zero interest (which we all know isn’t true)

• Bob_Dylan
    20695 posts Club Captain
    If we don't get Timo I expect him to stay at Leipzig.
  • Wyojasond

I think Chelsea have a shout if we come out and say we’re not interested this summer, but yeah I tend to agree. I still think this deal happens.....although after last summer I don’t know what to expect 😂🤦‍♂️
  • Cyodine
    2360 posts Fans' Favourite

I think Chelsea have a shout if we come out and say we’re not interested this summer, but yeah I tend to agree. I still think this deal happens.....although after last summer I don’t know what to expect 😂🤦‍♂️

I'd hate to see him go to Chelsea if we don't go for him this summer. My other fear is that if we use Timo as a striker, then it will weaken our midfield. If we don't get Timo, then I think we need Havertz in order to avoid a major drop off in quality as our team ages.
  • Snugglebites
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am pretty sure we already have plenty of dollar bills to throw around.
  • Wyojasond
    Sounds like Chelsea have agreed to pay Werners release clause, with a 10m deal til 2025. Guess we’ll see if it forces our hand.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain

Obviously it remains to be seen what happens but I'd say Havertz is a better fit for you on the pitch (as a Firmino replacement) and off it too (in that he's more likely to move next summer, which evidently suits you per reports)
  • Wyojasond
    Seeing rumors now too that we have offered him the same contract.....likely gonna come down to if we want to pay his release clause which Chelsea seem fine with.

Think we still hold plenty of sway in this, as he would prefer us, but I’ve said from the beginning Chelsea is the one team I thought could swoop in.
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    Sounds like if you guys are going to, you've got to make your move for him soon. Looks like you're running out of time:

• tilen11
    And its finished. Ffs.. I refuse to believe we cant spend 50m on a striker.
  • Wyojasond
    tilen11 wrote: »
    And its finished. Ffs.. I refuse to believe we cant spend 50m on a striker.

Hopefully Havertz now 😂🤦‍♂️

Just had to be Chelsea getting him too.
  • tilen11
    Shame
  • Snugglebites
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    No money left over after Mbappe, understandably.
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    Wasn’t that the priority last year, too?

If you don’t step it up then you’ll end up like City did this season.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    Wasn’t that the priority last year, too?

If you don’t step it up then you’ll end up like City did this season.

City were able to put together 2 90+ pt seasons before stepping back. If Liverpool follow the same timeline, next season we will see a drop off.

I think probably Liverpool and City are the ones fighting for the league, but at a more normal 85ish pt mark to win it than the high 90s of recent years.