Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Jboom98
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    What about Moussa Dembele the former Fulham, Celtic and currently at Lyon he would suit Liverpool's style of play rather than Manchester United who are rumoured to want to sign him.
  • arsenalap
    8077 posts League Winner
    edited May 30
    I dont see it in Dembele at all tbh.

A good striker for Everton sort of level I think but for a top team not sure. Just my gut feeling though.

Edouard though I think will overtake him.
  • Jboom98
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    Forgot about Edouard B) WOW ! Scottish Football is producing the players Tierney, Andy Robertson, John Mcginn and Virgil van Dijk yet Scottish football is still called a crap league also your team Arsenal are after Moussa Dembele but he isn't a Henry or a Lacazette.
  • Wyojasond
    14153 posts Has That Special Something
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    I just want Werner and that White guy since Lovren is leaving hopefully.

God I almost forgot about White. Really hope we get that deal done. Has been a lot of rumors we are still heavily monitoring Diego Carlos too. Supposedly we tried to sign him in January but a deal couldn’t be struck.
  • Kellnerr
    3548 posts National Call-Up

God I almost forgot about White. Really hope we get that deal done. Has been a lot of rumors we are still heavily monitoring Diego Carlos too. Supposedly we tried to sign him in January but a deal couldn’t be struck.

Can't see Carlos happening at all now. Has a release clause similar to Werner's and if the latter is already too expensive then there's no chance we're signing Carlos.
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain

“That white guy”? You being racist? Huh? Huh?

:trollface:
  • Bob_Dylan
    20695 posts Club Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »
    I dont see it in Dembele at all tbh.

A good striker for Everton sort of level I think but for a top team not sure. Just my gut feeling though.

Edouard though I think will overtake him.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Bob_Dylan
    20695 posts Club Captain
    Sergio Ramos snubbed

Liverpool weren't the only club interested in signing Harvey Elliott last summer.

The young starlet had a host of suitors across Europe including Real Madrid.

In their failed pursuit of Elliott, Los Blancos reportedly offered the teenager the chance to meet club captain and legend Sergio Ramos as well as a tour of the Bernabeu and training ground.

This comes according to The Athletic, who suggest the former Fulham prodigy snubbed the chance to meet the World Cup winner and was cited as saying: “No, it’s OK, thanks. I don’t like him after what he did to Mo Salah.”

This of course refers to Ramos' arm-locking challenge which saw the Egyptian international injured and replaced during the Champions League final in 2018.

• Pxul_
    9366 posts League Winner
    Just shared this on Instagram, love that from us❤️
  • Pietu
    6575 posts Big Money Move

Some things are bigger than football and this is one of them. God knows, I would swap any trophy for world peace anytime but since that's impossible, all we can do is share the light on injustice and do our best to make things better, for us, for the world and for a brigther, better future!
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Sergio Ramos snubbed

Liverpool weren't the only club interested in signing Harvey Elliott last summer.

The young starlet had a host of suitors across Europe including Real Madrid.

In their failed pursuit of Elliott, Los Blancos reportedly offered the teenager the chance to meet club captain and legend Sergio Ramos as well as a tour of the Bernabeu and training ground.

This comes according to The Athletic, who suggest the former Fulham prodigy snubbed the chance to meet the World Cup winner and was cited as saying: “No, it’s OK, thanks. I don’t like him after what he did to Mo Salah.”

This of course refers to Ramos' arm-locking challenge which saw the Egyptian international injured and replaced during the Champions League final in 2018.

Yes, because Real Madrid are fantastic with their youth, aren’t they?

It was a fair challenge, anyway.
  • Snugglebites
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    We might actually see Clyne playing this season.
  • tilen11
    5925 posts Big Money Move
    We might actually see Clyne playing this season.

When we mathematically win, Klopp will rotate as much as possible imo.
  • Pxul_
    9366 posts League Winner
    Clynes on loan at Bournemouth I believe :)
  • Kellnerr
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Clynes on loan at Bournemouth I believe :)

Nah he was last season, or at least the second half of it. Just missed this season because of an ACL injury unfortunately.
    I'd have always liked to keep him, but now I guess Neco will do the job next season.

• Wyojasond
    While I’m not buying into these rumors we are pursuing him, could you just imagine him and VVD together with Alisson behind them. Good lord 😂

• arsenalap
    8077 posts League Winner
    While I’m not buying into these rumors we are pursuing him, could you just imagine him and VVD together with Alisson behind them. Good lord 😂

Would be a stupid signing.

Ye for a couple years you'll be a force but after that you'll be in trouble. Invest the money in a quality young attacker and midfielder or something.
  • Wyojasond
    arsenalap wrote: »

Would be a stupid signing.

Ye for a couple years you'll be a force but after that you'll be in trouble. Invest the money in a quality young attacker and midfielder or something.

Yeah not buying it at all. Makes zero sense with Gomez, and reportedly we are heavily pursuing Ben White too.

Still.....it would be fun to see 😂
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    Offering Origi as part of that deal would be silly as well.
  • Wyojasond
    Just another reason I want him more than Werner 😂

• Bob_Dylan
    20695 posts Club Captain

Not really
  • Kellnerr

We don't even need Origi
  • Cyodine
    2360 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2
    Just another reason I want him more than Werner 😂

Would be such a perfect signing!
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2
    Can't see any team coming close this Liverpool side in the next immediate years, City may lose a few stars if the UCL ban happens and the rest are miles away

Alisson, Adrian
    TAA, Williams/Hoever
    Gomez, White*
    Van Dijk, Matip
    Robertson, Milner, New LB*

Fabinho, Grujic
    Henderson, AOC
    Wijnaldum, Keita

Salah, Minamino
    Firmino, Werner*
    Mane, Origi

Plus Shaqiri, Wilson, Lovren, Karius to sell
    And a bunch of youngsters coming through

Although if Werner happens Firmino would probably drop to midfield with Origi as back up striker but its a different system which may not work as effectively.
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    If it was a straight swap for Werner, then maybe.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2
    I’m not saying either will win the league but if Lampard and Ole get a few choice additions, both can challenge in the 2021-22 season IMO

Next season is probably City again IMO