Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Snugglebites
    1547 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nothing wrong with wanting the same benefits as every other company.

But they aren't any other company. They reached the CL final last season FFS, they're one of the richest clubs in the country.

Football clubs put many millions of £s into Government pockets. I don't think asking for some back is worthy of the outrage.
  • Apollo
    18946 posts World Class
    edited April 6
    Nothing wrong with wanting the same benefits as every other company.

But they aren't any other company. They reached the CL final last season FFS, they're one of the richest clubs in the country.

Football clubs put many millions of £s into Government pockets. I don't think asking for some back is worthy of the outrage.

The system was not put in place for businesses like Liverpool (or Spurs etc) to use it. Everyone knows that. Should they have specified that when it was announced? It's perfectly reasonable to think they should have done. But that doesn't take away the fact that it wasn't created for rich clubs like Liverpool to take from and its disgraceful for them to have tried to do what they did with the wages they pay their players and executives and considering their cash reserves.

The vast, vast majority of Liverpool fans I've seen agree with everyone else on the above viewpoint. This really doesn't reflect well on you trying to justify the club's behaviour before they rectified their mistake.
  • Snugglebites
    1547 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 6
    Whether it was made for rich businesses or not, it's still there for them to use. I'm not justifying their choice, I really don't care. I just understand why they did it and think, as usual, people are overreacting.
  • Pietu
    6172 posts Big Money Move
    No reason for me to say my opinion, the same as everyone but probably more extreme than some others :lol:
  • tilen11
    5900 posts Big Money Move
    I am glad that they've realized they dont actually need to do it and reverted their decision.
  • Wyojasond
    13773 posts Has That Special Something
    Beyond happy they made the decision to change course and admit they were wrong. I get it was likely a business decision but it was a horrible one to make.

• Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    Backtracking.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19529 posts World Class
    Backtracking.

Made mistake

Owned up to mistake

Corrected mistake
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    Made excuse for mistake.

This should be dead and buried.
  • Low Ki
    12167 posts Has That Special Something
    John Henry is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️. He did this to the Bruins with no hesitation while letting go of 150 staff.

And wasn't Peter Moore the one behind the trademarking fiasco because of how much bootleg merch he saw at the CL final?
  • Maverick
    6539 posts Big Money Move
    Low Ki wrote: »
    John Henry is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️. He did this to the Bruins with no hesitation while letting go of 150 staff.

And wasn't Peter Moore the one behind the trademarking fiasco because of how much bootleg merch he saw at the CL final?

Source on the first part? I just did a two minute Google search of "John Henry Bruins staff" and nothing came up. Not saying you're lying, I would just like to read the story myself.
  • Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    Maverick wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »

Source on the first part? I just did a two minute Google search of "John Henry Bruins staff" and nothing came up. Not saying you're lying, I would just like to read the story myself.

A quick google search suggests John Henry's only link to the Bruins is that a TV station he owns has the rights to their matches.

He owns the Boston Red Sox in baseball not the Boston Bruins in Ice Hockey.

Boston Bruins do appear to have let some staff go.
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    Who do you guys miss more, Coutinho or Suarez?
  • LFC Simon 98
    19529 posts World Class

Torres
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    Well yeah, I just figured I'd pick them since they aren't discussed as frequently and left more recently.
  • Pietu

Suarez. The best player I have seen play in the Prem.
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain
    Pietu wrote: »

How long have you been watching?

For me, that's CR7.
  • Pietu
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

For me, that's CR7.

Maybe from 2013 but I didn't watch that much then
  • Snugglebites
    1547 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yaya in 13/14 was the best.
  • Pietu
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

For me, that's CR7.

Maybe from 2013 but I didn't watch that much then

Just to continue, 13/14 was my first full season. I watched a bit of 12/13 but can't really remember anything from it.
  • Kellnerr
    3422 posts National Call-Up
    Suarez was better than Gerrard in his prime imo. Haven't seen the likes of Dalglish play so can't say he's the best ever to wear a Liverpool shirt.
  • Pietu
    edited April 8
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Suarez was better than Gerrard in his prime imo. Haven't seen the likes of Dalglish play so can't say he's the best ever to wear a Liverpool shirt.

He is the best I have seen, impossible for me to compare him for the likes of Dalglish. Have to also remember that Suarez outscored Messi and Ronaldo for a season or 2, that's saying something about his level!
  • Bob_Dylan
    20463 posts Club Captain
    (In the prem)
    Suarez > Ronaldo
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain
    I will say I never feared facing Suarez the way I did Torres personally.

Could be bias, but just my emotions on facing them at the time.
  • arsenalap
    7617 posts League Winner
    Dont think Suarez was the best prem player ever at all personally but he was very good, different league to Coutinho imo.
  • wth22
    11170 posts Has That Special Something

Making up a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ excuse and a token action to deflect attention from their diabolical move. Good that they corrected it but shouldn't have done it in the first place.
  • Pietu
    wth22 wrote: »

Making up a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ excuse and a token action to deflect attention from their diabolical move. Good that they corrected it but shouldn't have done it in the first place.

They shouldn't but atleast they corrected their mistake and that deserves some praise but not enough to forget the mistake so praise them because in the end they did the correct thing but don't forget what they did first!