Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Kellnerr
    3439 posts National Call-Up
    Hertha apparently are interested in Karius.
  • Maverick
    6610 posts Big Money Move
    Edwards will probably get him sold for 20m :D
  • Kellnerr
    3439 posts National Call-Up
    Karius has been shocking in the Süper Lig, otherwise I would have welcomed him as backup keeper since there's still a good player in him. Cannot trust him anymore though, tbh.
  • Pxul_
    9330 posts League Winner
    Question...

If the season goes on longer than expected, would Harry Wilson get the opportunity to play some games for us?
  • Pietu
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Question...

If the season goes on longer than expected, would Harry Wilson get the opportunity to play some games for us?

Harry Wilson would become our assasin and shoot the people who made that decision
  • Pietu
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Fact. Those people are ❤️❤️❤️❤️, don't want to know those kind of people
  • Apollo
    19006 posts World Class
    edited March 27
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Question...

I would imagine that would apply for loans too, but I could be wrong @Pxul_
  • Pxul_
    9330 posts League Winner
    Oh well, I kinda wanted Harry to get some games before pre season
  • Wyojasond
    13852 posts Has That Special Something

Saw a quote yesterday and it really struck. Said something to the effect of “why would you be so concerned about starting the next season when this one isn’t even over yet”

Not even talking as a Liverpool fan, it just makes zero sense to me to abandon a season. Especially one that is 3/4 of the way over, just so you don’t get “off track” for the next one. Guess I missed the memo that the pandemic will be done and dusted as long as the new season starts on time 🙄😂
  • Tornado31619
    20613 posts Club Captain
    I'll be furious if that happens.
  • Apollo
    19006 posts World Class
    edited March 27
    I personally don't agree with the United fans who want the season to be cancelled purely so Liverpool don't win it. Yes if the season plays out, it'll be **** to see Liverpool win it and I obviously don't want that to happen, but I'm more focused on my own team than Liverpool. We're still in 2 cups, have been playing well in the league and getting CL football could be crucial to getting our targets (i.e. Sancho).

I think the season should be played out behind closed doors whenever it is safe to do so and adjust the following season if necessary, not end the season early so next season isn't affected.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19549 posts World Class

Saw a quote yesterday and it really struck. Said something to the effect of “why would you be so concerned about starting the next season when this one isn’t even over yet”

Not even talking as a Liverpool fan, it just makes zero sense to me to abandon a season. Especially one that is 3/4 of the way over, just so you don’t get “off track” for the next one. Guess I missed the memo that the pandemic will be done and dusted as long as the new season starts on time 🙄😂

Feel the exact same. Like obviously we sound bias but why right off a season just to fit the new one in. Surely it makes more sense to finish this and adjust the next accordingly.
  • arsenalap
    7653 posts League Winner

Feel the exact same. Like obviously we sound bias but why right off a season just to fit the new one in. Surely it makes more sense to finish this and adjust the next accordingly.

I'm sure theres many factors tbh. Namely some clubs are being hit harder than others, so is it fair to continue the season where it was if it isnt a level playing field?

I think it should continue personally but theres probably factors being considered which we dont think about much.
  • Wyojasond
    edited March 27
    Another report I read this morning says the league is working on neutral sites for games and multiple games would be played that day. Teams would stay together in the same hotels and no games would be played in London.

Basically all players, coaches and staff that would be involved would be on quarantine to the stadium/hotel to stop any spread. Could see VAR changed as well, with no referees in the box like before (hopefully just the real ref looking things over)

Talks there could be 3 games per week for each team, with the idea of canceling the FA Cup to ease the burden.
  • tilen11
    5903 posts Big Money Move
    For the league to be cancelled/void, 14 out of 20 clubs must agree. So far only West Ham and Tottenham (who would've thought) :joy: want that to happen.

I believe that the league will continiue around the start or middle of June either in neutral venues behind closed doors, just behind closed doors etc.
  • Ashy
    10621 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 28
    Best bet is League starts July 1st, 3 months after the lockdown began and will last the whole month, played behind closed doors. I don't think the situation will be back to normal for at least 5 months if I'm honest, can't rely on waiting for a vaccine that could take at least 9 months to 18.

Not sure how they will fit the FA Cup/UCL/EL in maybe start of August at a faster pace lasting like 2 weeks? This relies on other European clubs to be able to compete though.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19549 posts World Class
    I could fully support that
  • tilen11
    EPL held a meeting and discussed the possibility of playing games on isolated grounds in London in June or July. No fans allowed but there would be TV coverage. All players would be tested before the match. Leading league officials are trying to find the best possible solution to start playing again.

The Independent.
  • Ashy
    10621 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 30
    I mean London isn't the best place to be right now would be better more north of the country, only way for it to work before things actually go back to normal is if its played in the Midlands or North England, behind closed doors, teams, staff, refs, everyone involved are tested in advanced and are kept in a hotel during the whole month (World Cup style). Hotel staff would need to be tested too and probably remain in the hotel for the month instead of the off chance they go home and catch something and bring it back
  • Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »
    I mean London isn't the best place to be right now would be better more north of the country, only way for it to work before things actually go back to normal is if its played in the Midlands or North England, behind closed doors, teams, staff, refs, everyone involved are tested in advanced and are kept in a hotel during the whole month (World Cup style). Hotel staff would need to be tested too and probably remain in the hotel for the month instead of the off chance they go home and catch something and bring it back

Yeah everything I’ve seen so far for potential ideas is saying they will be heavily avoiding London. I think they’ll get something worked out.

Saw a tweet yesterday that there could be repercussions for leagues that don’t finish or void there year now. Including not being apart of the Champions League or Europa League. Could push leagues to find a way to finish now 🤷‍♂️
  • tilen11
    edited March 30
    Ashy wrote: »

Yeah everything I’ve seen so far for potential ideas is saying they will be heavily avoiding London. I think they’ll get something worked out.

Saw a tweet yesterday that there could be repercussions for leagues that don’t finish or void there year now. Including not being apart of the Champions League or Europa League. Could push leagues to find a way to finish now 🤷‍♂️

Premier League clubs would have to pay around 3-4billions apparently. I believe its quite true. TV rights, sponsors, kit manufacturers demand they play in their kits ofc no matter what, no income from anywhere for the clubs etc. That means the league would go bankrupt most likely.
  • tilen11
    And also something new and confirms what Ive said about how much money it would cost if the PL ended now.

⚠️Liverpool could be Premier League champions in May after all, according to a report by the Daily Mail.

The article claims that the Premier League are working on an ambitious plan to restart the season behind closed doors on the first weekend of May with a scheduled finish date of Sunday July 12.

The proposals, which will be discussed in detail on a conference call of the 20 clubs on Friday, would need to be endorsed by the Government, public health bodies and the PFA. But they are seen as the best way to mitigate the financial losses and potential legal threats caused by the coronavirus shutdown.

The Premier League's best-case scenario of a May resumption stems largely from their obligations to and financial reliance on broadcasters, who have a watertight £3billion-a-year deal which expires on July 31, with next season's deal kicking in the following day.
  • Wyojasond
    Not surprising....

Ummmm 🤔

I’d be on board with this one. Solid cover for Robbo while still giving younger players a chance to develop.
  • Tornado31619
    20613 posts Club Captain
    Kurzawa's crap.
  • Pietu
    SIGN EVERYONE
  • Pxul_
    9330 posts League Winner
    For a free back up kurzawa won’t be bad and is French like larouchi so can be a good mentor to him.