The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Who’s a good box to box rn? Kimmich?

Think we’ve been looking at Inter’s Brozovic.

• Tornado31619
    20220 posts Club Captain
    I’m sure Havertz could be moulded into a role like that.
  • tilen11
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    I’m sure Havertz could be moulded into a role like that.

Speaking my language
  • arsenalap
    7356 posts Big Money Move
    Why mould him into it when hes a good goalscoring midfielder. If anything he can be moulded into Firminos role.
  • Wyojasond
    13332 posts Has That Special Something
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Why mould him into it when hes a good goalscoring midfielder. If anything he can be moulded into Firminos role.

Kind of have to agree with this. I think Havertz could be a Bobby 2.0 for sure.

Where do you guys ultimately see Curtis Jones ending up? Is he a 10 for you? Also I know this gets brought up a lot in the England team chat......what about TAA moving to midfield, all dependent on someone competent stepping in at RB of course.
  • Pietu
    5962 posts Big Money Move

Where do you guys ultimately see Curtis Jones ending up? Is he a 10 for you? Also I know this gets brought up a lot in the England team chat......what about TAA moving to midfield, all dependent on someone competent stepping in at RB of course.

I wouldn't move TAA to midfield. The way our tactic is, he wouldn’t get as an attacking role in our midfield. He is best as RB.
  • tilen11

Cant see Havertz playing Bobbys role. Lacks physicality. Watched Leverkusen play numerous times this season and he just doesnt suit the role of a false 9. There are few who can since the role demands high football intelligence, great passing and shooting, physicality is a must since the player needs to keep hold of the ball to wait for others and the most crucial thing the role demands is to almost subordinate in order to be effective. Firmino would probably be even better if he didnt have to go back to the midfield to get the ball, if he could solo more, shoot more etc but he decided to take this role and perfected it.

Im not saying that no other player could play the same way, its just very rare to find someone with all of these characteristics along with high work rate.
  • Kellnerr
    3227 posts National Call-Up
    Trent surely could do well in midfield BUT there are so many class options for central midfield and so few for right backs so that moving him permanently would probably lead to a loss in quality. Something like Hakimi RB and Trent in CM would look great on paper, but Trent and Havertz would be much better obviously. Havertz as attacking threat out of midfield would work well imo, similar to Ox. Mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, Gini is the man to be replaced.

Curtis can play anywhere. Really hope he gets a couple of games towards the end of the season. Hopefully he stays in the team next season, think it would be better for him to learn from our players and not being loaned out. Should be 6th in the pecking order if we sign a new player. Havertz, Hendo, Gini, Ox, Keita, Jones, Milner. Would still get enough playing time.
  • Pietu
    5962 posts Big Money Move
    I just don't see Trent in midfield in the current system. Our midfield is more defensive, Trent wouldn’t have as much attacking freedom as he now has.
  • Argie8
    6212 posts Big Money Move

we need a goalscoring/creative midfielder much more than a Bobby replacement
  • Wyojasond
    Is it just me or does it seem like the Havertz talk has died down a bit recently. Seems like the Sancho rumors have kicked back up with it just being a matter of time before we announce Werner 🤷‍♂️
  • tilen11
    Is it just me or does it seem like the Havertz talk has died down a bit recently. Seems like the Sancho rumors have kicked back up with it just being a matter of time before we announce Werner 🤷‍♂️

Because reliable sources confirmed that Havertz is the one we probably wont pursue because Leverkusen want no less than 80m. Same goes for Sancho. Talk about him died down just as it did for Havertz because of the same reason. Werner however will imo be announced soon.
  • Ahmer50x
    22019 posts Club Captain
    Nobody will pay that for Havertz IMO. Overpriced
  • Tornado31619
    20220 posts Club Captain
    edited February 22
    Could have said the same for Felix, and Atlético paid 130m. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • tilen11
    edited February 22
    Could have said the same for Felix, and Atlético paid 130m. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Because they lost Griezmann and needed someone badly and Felix was the only one they've scouted extensively. Imo they would pay even more. It was the worst deal imaginable.
  • Welcome to Liverpool Timo. Can't see us paying the asking price for the likes of havertz or Sancho though unless we sell enough to cover some of the cost, lallana, shaq etc. But I'm sure we have alternative targets in the pipeline regardless. Just wait for Edwards to work his magic lads. Roll on summer.
  • tilen11

We could easily get around 60m for both. Bournemouth and Hertha will both pay the price. With that, Werner is covered tyvm
  • Wyojasond
    tilen11 wrote: »

We could easily get around 60m for both. Bournemouth and Hertha will both pay the price. With that, Werner is covered tyvm

Agreed. Big fan of both but think it’s best they move on as we’ll get a great price and neither are currently first team starters for us anytime soon.
  • Snugglebites
    1479 posts Professional
    No way Bournemouth are dumb enough to let us rinse them again.
  • Kellnerr
    3227 posts National Call-Up
    Even more news today about Werner after his latest interview on Saturday. BILD claims that it's a decision for Werner between Leipzig and Liverpool - he's not interested in other clubs. There hasn't been contacts between the clubs yet. No big deal though since he has a release clause.
    He has been saying a couple of times that he's not really thinking about the future yet and is concentrating on the league and the Euros, but obviously he really wants the move and it's basically in our hand now.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19190 posts World Class
    Feeling a Firmino masterclass tonight
  • Apollo
    18502 posts World Class
    edited February 24
    I think its harsh to compare a possible Wilson transfer to Bournemouth to the flops you've given them in the past. Wilson is a great prospect and has done pretty well in the PL for them on loan, even if he's not at the level you'd want to justify keeping him
  • Wyojasond
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Even more news today about Werner after his latest interview on Saturday. BILD claims that it's a decision for Werner between Leipzig and Liverpool - he's not interested in other clubs. There hasn't been contacts between the clubs yet. No big deal though since he has a release clause.
    He has been saying a couple of times that he's not really thinking about the future yet and is concentrating on the league and the Euros, but obviously he really wants the move and it's basically in our hand now.

Part of me is wondering if both teams are waiting til the draw for the next round of the CL. If both teams progress, they might want to avoid any issues if they draw each other.

Doubtful, but the way this keeps going and his comments I’d like to see this done by the end of March 🤷‍♂️
  • Pxul_
    9228 posts League Winner
    His release clause is active until April iirc, so we have plenty of time to get this done. Maybe we’re waiting for them to get knocked out of the CL?
  • Pxul_
    9228 posts League Winner
    Feeling a Firmino masterclass tonight

Bobby hasn’t scored at home this season iirc, always time to change that!
  • Argie8
    6212 posts Big Money Move
    Apollo wrote: »
    I think its harsh to compare a possible Wilson transfer to Bournemouth to the flops you've given them in the past. Wilson is a great prospect and has done pretty well in the PL for them on loan, even if he's not at the level you'd want to justify keeping him

true