The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• pudgyfudgy
    6138 posts Big Money Move
    This is how much KDB roughly earns at Man City in his current contract:

Basic: £350,000/week
    Silverware bonuses: £800k just for reaching the CL knockout stages, £800k for winning PL, £350k for FA Cup, £150k for Carabao... all of which he unlocked last season.
    Appearance bonus: £1.2m for appearing in at least 60% of all City matches
    Image rights: £2m/year
    Signing fee: £9m over the course of his 6-year deal = £1.5m/year

Not sure if he has goal or assist bonuses (I'm sure he does), but these alone takes his total earnings last year, excluding endorsements and other deals, to £25,000,000. (Or a little less if he didn't appear in 60% of Man City matches.)

That averages out to £480,769 a week. (Or a little less)

By contrast, Salah earned slightly over £12m in his maiden year, when he was on £125,000 a week and unlocked a £2.5m goal+assist bonus. Now he's on £200,000, and will require an astounding (i.e. impossible) £14,600,000 in bonuses to match KDB's total earnings last year.

VVD also receives a lump-sum bonus of only £750,000 when Liverpool reaches 22 clean sheets, and has a goal and assist bonus of £20,000.

Additionally, Liverpool's bonus for winning the PL is a team pot, not individual reward. Rumoured to be £4m, split among the whole senior squad. Adds up to only around £170k per player.

TL;DR
    It's silly, silly money over at Man City and certain other clubs. Liverpool will have to be very creative with bonuses if they want to sign KDB or someone like Mbappe.
  • Gervonta
    4111 posts National Call-Up
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    With our major rival (who is 25 points behind) restructuring massively, why would we need to raid them. (Theoretically)

Strengthening yourself while weakening your rivals.

Bayern do it every year in Germany.

Man City won’t be able to splash the oil money on big signings like previous windows because of FFP , No CL income and their inability to cook the books now so they can’t fake the sponsorships and we all know they aren’t a global powerhouse like Liverpool and United so that’s even less money coming in legitimately for them to spend.
  • Ahmer50x
    22019 posts Club Captain
    They may be reigning European champions and hurtling towards the Premier League title but Liverpool are already formulating plans to improve next season and The Athletic has learnt that the Anfield club have intensified their interest in signing Norwich midfielder Todd Cantwell.
    Cantwell caught the eye on his Premier League debut at Anfield in August and Liverpool were among a host of teams to express admiration for the 21-year-old in the subsequent months.
    Manchester City, Tottenham and Manchester United are also keen, but once the January transfer window closed Liverpool stepped up their pursuit and can now be considered front-runners.
    Jurgen Klopp’s side were able to view Cantwell up close again during Saturday’s meeting at Carrow Road and it is thought he impressed members of the playing and coaching staff.
    Regardless of whether they are relegated from the top flight, Norwich would likely seek around £30 million for the England Under-21 international, who has six goals and two assists in 27 games.

^David Ornstein
  • Pxul_
    9228 posts League Winner
    edited February 17
    30 mill is a bit steep for him considering he’s about the level of Minamino, although he is young and we do need depth, I’d much rather put that 30mill elsewhere.

Edit: as you mentioned in the United thread, I’d much rather take Neres from Ajax than Cantwell.
  • tilen11
    5880 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    30 mill is a bit steep for him considering he’s about the level of Minamino, although he is young and we do need depth, I’d much rather put that 30mill elsewhere.

Edit: as you mentioned in the United thread, I’d much rather take Neres from Ajax than Cantwell.

He is English so the price is actually not that step tbh. I expected it would be much higher considering his age, contribution, first team experience etc.

Take Clyne for example. Before he got injured when we wanted to sell him, clubs were prepared to pay 15m for him. Hasnt played in ages, injury prone but he is english and thats it. English players always have their prices upped a bit.
  • El_Nino
    4409 posts National Call-Up
    With our major rival (who is 25 points behind) restructuring massively, why would we need to raid them. (Theoretically)

It’s the difference between having United/Bayern’s levels of dominance compared to having a great few seasons followed by dropping off.
  • Pxul_
    9228 posts League Winner
    Sane would be the perfect signing imo, I’d much prefer him to KDB. If we can steal him from city before Bayern I’d be very happy!
  • Ahmer50x
    22019 posts Club Captain

I'd happily take Cantwell at United for 30m as a squad player if you guys end up passing (because lets be honest, if you're interested, he's yours). Could be a backup winger alongside Dan James for Rashford and whoever we do end up signing at RW.
  • Wyojasond
    13332 posts Has That Special Something
    I like Cantwell, but I’m a little surprised we’re that interested in him. Did see an article yesterday that we are likely going to sell Grujic for the same amount of money though so wouldn’t really affect our other plans 🤷‍♂️
  • wth22
    11163 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 17
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

I'd happily take Cantwell at United for 30m as a squad player if you guys end up passing (because lets be honest, if you're interested, he's yours). Could be a backup winger alongside Dan James for Rashford and whoever we do end up signing at RW.

Cantwell is a 10, not a winger. Would be backup for Grealish/Maddison.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19190 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »

Cantwell this season

LM - 18 games
    RM - 4 games
    CAM - 0 games

You what?
  • wth22
    11163 posts Has That Special Something

Cantwell this season

LM - 18 games
    RM - 4 games
    CAM - 0 games

You what?

Wow, honestly thought he was a 10, he drifts inwards alot in that case.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cantwell will be a CM long term imo. Definitely overrated at the moment though.
  • Pietu
    5962 posts Big Money Move

Cantwell this season

LM - 18 games
    RM - 4 games
    CAM - 0 games

You what?

Wow, honestly thought he was a 10, he drifts inwards alot in that case.

I think he is very versatile and could play as a 10 aswell
  • tilen11
    5880 posts Big Money Move
    153 - Jürgen Klopp has won 153 of his first 250 matches in all competitions as
    @LiverpoolFC manager, more than any other LFC manager before him. Milestone.

(Opta Joe)
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    Watching this Chelsea United game and can’t help but see how far they are off the pace from us. The staggering thing is that even though they are clearly worse than us, English teams are still destroying in Europe, so they must not be that bad.
  • Devers
    7593 posts League Winner
    tilen11 wrote: »
    153 - Jürgen Klopp has won 153 of his first 250 matches in all competitions as
    @LiverpoolFC manager, more than any other LFC manager before him. Milestone.

(Opta Joe)

And everyone compared him to rodgers for months at the start 😂
  • El_Nino
    4409 posts National Call-Up
    Watching this Chelsea United game and can’t help but see how far they are off the pace from us. The staggering thing is that even though they are clearly worse than us, English teams are still destroying in Europe, so they must not be that bad.

I mean United are in Europa, and we’re about to get knocked out of the CL at the round of 16, after letting Valencia top our group, we’re just as bad in Europe 😂
  • Pxul_
    9228 posts League Winner
    edited February 18
    I’m so excited for the match tonight, I’m looking forward to the match at anfkeld aswell!
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    AWB getting an assist for Martial last night actually now means he’s managed as many assists as our RB this season.

Not Trent tho, Nico Williams lol

You given Doofus your log in details?

AWB should be approaching double figures in assists with the chances he’s created.
  • Pietu
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    AWB getting an assist for Martial last night actually now means he’s managed as many assists as our RB this season.

AWB should be approaching double figures in assists with the chances he’s created.

Trent should have three figures by that awful logic

They are going with the "lucky with injuries" again in the United thread aswell. Always the same trolls.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pietu wrote: »

They are going with the "lucky with injuries" again in the United thread aswell. Always the same trolls.

You guys are so sensitive 😅 no one is saying you are winning the league because you are lucky with injuries. But it’s true you’ve had good luck with them this year, both for you and against other teams.
  • ChrisLFC
    7300 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 18

They’re so desperate to discredit our success as luck/cheating they’ll spout any half baked theory they can come up with.

We haven’t been lucky with injuries

To start the season our goalkeeper got injured for 6-8 weeks. Matip was starting and then got injured for Months.Then Fabinho went down for 2 months

So our starting CB, GK and DM all got injured for months. Unreal luck we’ve had. That’s without mentioning Salah and Mane’s injuries sidelining them for 2-3 games

I’d say we’ve been about par in terms of injuries. 3 of 11 starters being out for months in the same season isn’t being lucky with injuries.
  • Pietu

You guys are so sensitive 😅 no one is saying you are winning the league because you are lucky with injuries. But it’s true you’ve had good luck with them this year, both for you and against other teams.

Certain people troll us all the time, do you have any idea how boring that is? @Retro_G for example is always trolling, baiting, it's boring. You can thank him and some others for us being tired of trolling. I'm not saying trolling isn't allowed but when some people only troll, only try to bring us down, and not accept that we are good, then it's annoying, they don’t even try to have a conversation ever, instead, all they do is think they are cool and funny with all their trolling.

I'm not against trolling, it can be funny, but when some people only ever troll, you get annoyed of it.
  • Pietu

They’re so desperate to discredit our success as luck/cheating they’ll spout any half baked theory they can come up with.

To start the season our goalkeeper got injured for 6-8 weeks. Matip was starting and then got injured for Months.Then Fabinho went down for 2 months

So our starting CB, GK and DM all got injured for months. Unreal luck we’ve had. That’s without when mentioning Salah and Mane’s injuries sidelining them for 2-3 games

I’d say we’ve been about par in terms of injuries. 3 of 11 starters being out for months in the same season isn’t being lucky with injuries.

I wish I could find a list of all of our injuries, would be good to see how many we have actually had.
  • Snugglebites
    1479 posts Professional
    One goal tonight and the tie is over.
  • ChrisLFC
    7300 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 18

So our starting CB, GK and DM all got injured for months. Unreal luck we’ve had. That’s without when mentioning Salah and Mane’s injuries sidelining them for 2-3 games

I wish I could find a list of all of our injuries, would be good to see how many we have actually had.

Found this

S8UBsBK.png