The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Wyojasond
    13350 posts Has That Special Something
    Didn’t even know he scored his 100th goal yesterday when they asked him about it. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ love Mane 😂

• Alemas_2012
    16949 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    What happens if they get stripped of their titles?

What happened to Juve? @Alemas_2012

Not really comparable.
    Different leagues, different charges, different justice systems...
    The 2004-05 title remains unassigned, the 2005-06 one went to Inter.
    Can't remember the motivations as to why they decided like that.
  • ViVaWhom
    8498 posts League Winner
    edited February 16
    nvm
  • tilen11
    5883 posts Big Money Move
    Man City. “The title they won in the 2013-2014 is reportedly under threat as the Premier League may give City a backdate points deduction.”
  • tilen11
    If the decision stands about the 2 season with no european football and they also get stripped of the 13/14 title is this the end of City?

Considering Pep will leave (would leave after this season regardless imo) along with key players.
  • Pietu
    5987 posts Big Money Move
    tilen11 wrote: »
    If the decision stands about the 2 season with no european football and they also get stripped of the 13/14 title is this the end of City?

Considering Pep will leave (would leave after this season regardless imo) along with key players.

Hopefully!
  • Argie8
    6212 posts Big Money Move
    how much do you reckon De Bruyne would cost and do you think he would join us?
  • Gervonta
    4111 posts National Call-Up

Argie8 wrote: »

Don’t think there’s a chance personally , don’t think you’d want to pay his 350k a week wages , at 29 he’d still command £70/£80m which I don’t think you’d pay just because of his age.

If he does leave I think somewhere like P$G will be his destination. One oil club to another.

• Apollo
    18550 posts World Class

I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ hope not :sweat_smile: Could do without you guys signing the best player in the league!
  • Pietu
    Apollo wrote: »

I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ hope not :sweat_smile: Could do without you guys signing the best player in the league!

Let's just sign Bernardo then :trollface:
  • Argie8
    Gervonta wrote: »

Don’t think there’s a chance personally , don’t think you’d want to pay his 350k a week wages , at 29 he’d still command £70/£80m which I don’t think you’d pay just because of his age.

If he does leave I think somewhere like P$G will be his destination. One oil club to another.

cant argue with that unfortunately. Read Madrid could come calling as well. Bernado Silva might be an option though
  • Gervonta
    4111 posts National Call-Up

cant argue with that unfortunately. Read Madrid could come calling as well. Bernado Silva might be an option though

Apparently in an interview which was done after the ban was confirmed he signalled his intentions to return to Benfica one day. Not sure they’d be able to afford his transfer fee but there’s been rumours floating around that they could leave as free agents as the club have breached the contracts so who knows!
  • Wyojasond
    I think we’d be heavy favorites if De Bruyne became a free agent. Thought I remember him being a fan when he was younger (I know, I know. Just saying) The one player I think the club might break the pay structure for 🤷‍♂️

Barca would probably go all out too, and they wouldn’t blink about his wages.
  • Pietu

Apparently in an interview which was done after the ban was confirmed he signalled his intentions to return to Benfica one day. Not sure they’d be able to afford his transfer fee but there’s been rumours floating around that they could leave as free agents as the club have breached the contracts so who knows!

I read that, that was an old quote from him.
  • Argie8

yeah he said that but id assume he'll go back later on in his career. No point in returning when he's still in his prime
  • tilen11
    James Pearce:

Any Liverpool move to bring in new attackers will not be done at the expense of their current crop.
    Pearce adds that Werner or Sancho will only be brought to Liverpool to compliment the options Klopp already has at his disposal.
  • tilen11
    edited February 16
    Liverpool set to sell midfielder Marko Grujic for at least 25m. Midfielder has had decent seasons on loan and surprised Liverpool and Julian Ward, their loan manager who has been keeping tabs on the young midfielder.
    However Grujic has spoken about returning to Liverpool but would most likely want regular first team football and Liverpool cant offer him that, at least not on a regular basis. Grujic is attracting a lot of interest and Hertha are not hiding the fact they would love to make the deal permanent. Liverpool are set to make more than 20m profit once and if they choose to sell.
  • El_Nino
    4411 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 16
    I think you taking any of city’s stars is a pipe dream tbh/a stupid move, I doubt they’d happily cut there pay checks in half, and how are you justifying 300-400k on KDB while paying everyone else sub 200k?
    Same reason I don’t see you ever buying a fully fledged star like Mbappe.
    It’d ruin your wage structure, would be a really dumb move.
  • Argie8
    edited February 16
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I think you taking any of city’s stars is a pipe dream tbh/a stupid move, I doubt they’d happily cut there pay checks in half, and how are you justifying 300-400k on KDB while paying everyone else sub 200k?

we could pay them with Klopps hugs
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    Reckon Chambo will get called up for England duty next month?
  • Apollo
    18550 posts World Class
    Reckon Chambo will get called up for England duty next month?

Yes.
  • wth22
    11164 posts Has That Special Something
    Salah, Mane and van Dijk etc will be ecstatic when a new guy walks in and earns double them when they've been at the forefront of record breaking seasons.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19198 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    Salah, Mane and van Dijk etc will be ecstatic when a new guy walks in and earns double them when they've been at the forefront of record breaking seasons.

Mane couldn’t care less. He started on 85k a week and when he signed his new deal it rose to a whopping 100k.

Maybe the other two will. I don’t think people realise how much more we pay for performance based rewards. Such as a very lucrative amount for League/Champo titles, goal targets, even games played, once they hit certain milestones they get a lot more than most other clubs (City included) offer for similar targets.
  • El_Nino
    4411 posts National Call-Up

Mane couldn’t care less. He started on 85k a week and when he signed his new deal it rose to a whopping 100k.

Maybe the other two will. I don’t think people realise how much more we pay for performance based rewards. Such as a very lucrative amount for League/Champo titles, goal targets, even games played, once they hit certain milestones they get a lot more than most other clubs (City included) offer for similar targets.

But why would someone like KDB take a gamble on hitting X,Y and Z targets when he could just go to Madrid/PSG/United/Chelsea/Juventus and get paid 300-400k a week regardless?

There’s more than just money at work don’t get me wrong, but for 90% of people they’re going to be massively influenced by the money on offer.
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    Can see him following Pep wherever he goes. Preferably Juve, I want Ronaldo to win one more CL.
  • Wyojasond

I get what your saying, but IF City does implode and these players have to leave then I would think most would understand they’d have to take cuts. Between age and the ridiculous wages some of them are on, very few teams would be able to take them on. While also not upsetting the team balance 💁‍♂️

KDB like any top athlete deserves to be paid top dollar for his talents but any move for him if City crashes will have to come with some changes. Although there will also probably be a pretty crazy bidding war 😂
  • wth22
    11164 posts Has That Special Something

But why would someone like KDB take a gamble on hitting X,Y and Z targets when he could just go to Madrid/PSG/United/Chelsea/Juventus and get paid 300-400k a week regardless?

There’s more than just money at work don’t get me wrong, but for 90% of people they’re going to be massively influenced by the money on offer.
    Not us, don't need KdB, we have Jesse
  • Argie8

can see VVD earning 200-300k when he resigns. De Bruyne could earn similar. Its all fantasy though in fairness. Signing him would be against the FSG model
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    With our major rival (who is 25 points behind) restructuring massively, why would we need to raid them. (Theoretically)