The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

  • Pietu
    5372 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »
    Look how much the game has evolved, absolutely no pressing, crazy.


    Just imagine our current team VS Uniteds Treble team, we would run them out of the game :lol:
  • pudgyfudgy
    6001 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Question, if Salah was to leave in the summer, who would you bring in to replace him?
    Not Sancho or Mbappe😂

    For all you know, Michael Edwards is already in talks to bring in Adama, after Klopp started talking him up. Definitely far below Salah's standard right now but who knows what Klopp can turn him into in a season or even less.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6001 posts Big Money Move
    That said, I think the one among the front 3 who has the highest chance of having his head swayed by another club is Mane.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Look how much the game has evolved, absolutely no pressing, crazy.


    Just imagine our current team VS Uniteds Treble team, we would run them out of the game :lol:

    This is exactly why the comparisons are pointless. United won the treble and it was a fantastic achievement, but they were nowhere near as dominant as they are made out to be. They had 48 points from their first 69 available. They lost 5-0 to Chelsea, 3-0 to Newcastle, drew both games with Wimbledon in those. Finished the season very well winning 11 in a row.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    That said, I think the one among the front 3 who has the highest chance of having his head swayed by another club is Mane.

    I disagree. Mane simply doesn’t care about money. He’s only on 100k a week but he doesn’t want any more. And why else would he want to leave right now?
  • Kellnerr
    3105 posts National Call-Up
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Question, if Salah was to leave in the summer, who would you bring in to replace him?
    Not Sancho or Mbappe😂

    Why would you ask that but disallow the most obvious replacement in Sancho? :sweat_smile:
    Hopefully we sign Werner or Havertz, and if we lose Salah/Mane, just get in both. Son would be the dream, but that's just not realistic. Wouldn't mind Adama as backup either, but don't see this happening since we have Origi and Minamino now.


    And regarding Klopp not managing. Why should he? I mean it's basically not even his team but Neil's, so why shouldn't the latter be managing his team? :joy: Not even Klopp is that good to get more out of the players than their actual manager in that short time. He most likely doesn't even know more than half of the squad.
    Doesn't change the fact that it's hugely disrespectful to send the kids, mind.
  • Pietu
    5372 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Look how much the game has evolved, absolutely no pressing, crazy.


    Just imagine our current team VS Uniteds Treble team, we would run them out of the game :lol:

    This is exactly why the comparisons are pointless. United won the treble and it was a fantastic achievement, but they were nowhere near as dominant as they are made out to be. They had 48 points from their first 69 available. They lost 5-0 to Chelsea, 3-0 to Newcastle, drew both games with Wimbledon in those. Finished the season very well winning 11 in a row.

    Agreed
  • Southgatology
    1462 posts Professional
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dave and Viva causing trouble for something completely innocuous out of boredom because their dross team finally one a game of football and found their level? Will I never, they're never like that :joy:

    You really are the worst poster on this forum 😅 the absolute irony of this comment is off the charts.
  • Argie8
    6177 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 28
    Apollo wrote: »
    While I don't agree with you guys fielding an U23 team for the replay, its obviously Klopp's choice to do that if he really wants. What I really think Klopp has got absolutely wrong though is him not managing whatever team you put out. He is your manager and should be the one in the dugout regardless of the team that's picked.

    Agreed. I find that very strange and bordering on unprofessional. I see no reason why he should be taking the night off
  • Pietu
    5372 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    While I don't agree with you guys fielding an U23 team for the replay, its obviously Klopp's choice to do that if he really wants. What I really think Klopp has got absolutely wrong though is him not managing whatever team you put out. He is your manager and should be the one in the dugout regardless of the team that's picked.

    Agreed. I find that very strange and bordering on unprofessional. I see no reason why he should be taking the night off

    He needs some rest aswell
  • ChrisLFC
    7273 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Question, if Salah was to leave in the summer, who would you bring in to replace him?
    Not Sancho or Mbappe😂

    With the money we get from Salah surely Mbappe would be an option in that scenario. Only issue would be how he affects our wages. I doubt he'd want to take a paycut
  • Cyodine
    2108 posts Fans' Favourite
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Question, if Salah was to leave in the summer, who would you bring in to replace him?
    Not Sancho or Mbappe😂

    With the money we get from Salah surely Mbappe would be an option in that scenario. Only issue would be how he affects our wages. I doubt he'd want to take a paycut

    He would instantly become our highest paid player and that wouldn't be fair to our current crop. I don't like the idea of bringing someone in like that without really knowing if they would adapt to the PL, I know it's Mbappe but there's still the chance he wouldn't do well. Pretty much the same feeling with Sancho as well. I also get the feeling that Mbappe would eventually push for RM, same with Sancho but he seems to want to be back in England, so possibly not.
  • Cyodine
    2108 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hope we can get Tonali this summer, looks like a promising player and someone who fits our style.
  • Argie8
    6177 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    While I don't agree with you guys fielding an U23 team for the replay, its obviously Klopp's choice to do that if he really wants. What I really think Klopp has got absolutely wrong though is him not managing whatever team you put out. He is your manager and should be the one in the dugout regardless of the team that's picked.

    Agreed. I find that very strange and bordering on unprofessional. I see no reason why he should be taking the night off

    He needs some rest aswell

    lol im sure he could cope just fine. He just doesn't care about domestic cups...but as long as we win the league im ok with that this season
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    FFS SADIO YOU SELFISH ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    Just wanted to see the front 3 on the pitch together this Saturday:(
  • wth22
    11018 posts Has That Special Something
    tilen11 wrote: »
    While I do think its right that 1st team players have to rest and rightly so, Klopp should take the team and not Neil. He is our manager. That I dont think its entirely right but it is what it is.

    People criticizing him for not picking our strongest side are morons from lower leagues. Premier league asked all the teams to not schedule competitive games nor friendlies through their break and FA scheduled replays in the middle of it. There is lack of communication between the two bodies or just pure ignorance. There is no point in implementing one thing when you cant take the "luxury" it offers.

    Players have to rest while Klopp should manage the team, that I do agree with.

    Nobody is criticizing him for not picking the strongest team. I think the team he picked in this game was fine. A few players needing match fitness (Minamino, Fabinho, Lovren, Matip) a few bench players (Minamino, Origi, Adrian) and a few kids. All U23 is controversial but still somewhat acceptable, him effectively saying it's a waste of his time to even turn up is not.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    tilen11 wrote: »
    While I do think its right that 1st team players have to rest and rightly so, Klopp should take the team and not Neil. He is our manager. That I dont think its entirely right but it is what it is.

    People criticizing him for not picking our strongest side are morons from lower leagues. Premier league asked all the teams to not schedule competitive games nor friendlies through their break and FA scheduled replays in the middle of it. There is lack of communication between the two bodies or just pure ignorance. There is no point in implementing one thing when you cant take the "luxury" it offers.

    Players have to rest while Klopp should manage the team, that I do agree with.

    Nobody is criticizing him for not picking the strongest team. I think the team he picked in this game was fine. A few players needing match fitness (Minamino, Fabinho, Lovren, Matip) a few bench players (Minamino, Origi, Adrian) and a few kids. All U23 is controversial but still somewhat acceptable, him effectively saying it's a waste of his time to even turn up is not.

    He’s using the fact the Premier League asked all clubs not to schedule games in that time. And saying they are the main body he is in contact with.
  • Wyojasond
    13028 posts Has That Special Something
    In the end it’s just Klopp standing up for what he’s believed in for awhile now that players need more of a break in the PL. They finally get one and then the FA schedules replays during it 😂

    Just like the FA not working with them to reschedule the Villa game, the club had to make a choice and they are doing the same here. Your seeing more and more managers speak up about how backwards the system is now too with the teams getting less and less of a break. Look at Sadio for gods sake. It’s no wonder he’s broken at the moment. Guy hasn’t had any time off 💁‍♂️
  • Snugglebites
    1426 posts Professional
    Giving youth players playing time in a big competition will give them great experience. Klopp is super manager.
  • Cyodine
    2108 posts Fans' Favourite
    Giving youth players playing time in a big competition will give them great experience. Klopp is super manager.

    Exactly! Letting the kids get their chance at winning the little cup and the seniors can focus on wrapping up the league and CL.
  • Snugglebites
    1426 posts Professional
    Moyes loves lying down for us. It shall continue tonight.
  • Pxul_
    8946 posts League Winner
    Looking at tonight, I think we’ll start something along these lines, the only position would be Keita not sure if he’s fit enough to start.

    Alisson
    TAA Gomez VVD Robbo
    Keita Hendo Wij
    Salah Firmino Ox
  • Devers
    7566 posts League Winner
    would give origi a start tonight
  • Pxul_
    8946 posts League Winner
    After his performance against Shrewsbury? I personally wouldn’t, I’d rather start Curtis Jones.
  • Wyojasond
    13028 posts Has That Special Something
    Thinking Ox will stay in midfield and Origi to fill Manes spot. Could see a small chance for Minamino.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    After his performance against Shrewsbury? I personally wouldn’t, I’d rather start Curtis Jones.

    I mean that was only one game and he was up top with Minamino and Elliot (doubt there’s much chemistry there yet).

    Deffo would start Origi myself
  • Pxul_
    8946 posts League Winner
    Not for me imo, he hasn’t performed recently when he has come in to games. Think Minamino starts ahead of him. But I’ll back him if he plays, he’s a cult hero after all.
  • tilen11
    5761 posts Big Money Move
    Origi starts imo. Jones scored and thats it. He was actually really bad the entire game. Stopped our game constantly and passing wasnt great either.
Sign In or Register to comment.