The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Wyojasond
    12997 posts Has That Special Something
    Unless Leicester can string together another solid win streak like they did early this year, I don’t see them staying in the top 4. That being said, with injuries to Kane, Rashford, and now Abraham I don’t know who’s gonna make a real run at them.

I do think United’s defense has the best chance to carry them through to 4th though. Probably a final day decider again.
  • Apollo
    17863 posts World Class
    Unless Leicester can string together another solid win streak like they did early this year, I don’t see them staying in the top 4. That being said, with injuries to Kane, Rashford, and now Abraham I don’t know who’s gonna make a real run at them.

I do think United’s defense has the best chance to carry them through to 4th though. Probably a final day decider again.

I think if Woodward and Judge manage to get their act together and we get Bruno, I think we'll take 4th place. Hopefully they can finally get the deal done.
  • Flapjack
    7059 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 22

Really? Leicester are 11 points clear of 5th. This is despite losing 4 of their last 6 games.

Not only would they need to completely implode, they’d also need United to go on a winning run - something they haven’t managed all season.

I’d say if United get 4th, it would most likely be at the expense of Chelsea.
  • Flapjack
    Apollo wrote: »

I think if Woodward and Judge manage to get their act together and we get Bruno, I think we'll take 4th place. Hopefully they can finally get the deal done.

Rashfords out for a while though isn’t he?

I’m sure Bruno is a cracking player but until we see how he does for United, it premature to pin your hopes on him turning your season around. You’ve had bigger and better names come through and not deliver recently.
  • Apollo
    17863 posts World Class
    edited January 22
    Flapjack wrote: »

Rashfords out for a while though isn’t he?

I’m sure Bruno is a cracking player but until we see how he does for United, it premature to pin your hopes on him turning your season around. You’ve had bigger and better names come through and not deliver recently.

Yes, Rashford is likely to be out for months.

We've for a long time now been struggling to break down low blocks, we've desperately needed to sign a 10 to provide creativity for a while, hence why it's so regularly discussed in the United thread. Whether he lights up the league or not, he's obviously better than what we currently have in the position so should definitely help us.

If we manage to win our game in hand today, we're 3 points off 4th place so we're not too far away. I'm not saying if we sign Bruno we're guaranteed top 4, nothing like that. I just think he addresses one of our biggest weaknesses so we have a good chance.

• Flapjack
    Haha you couldn’t make this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up

• Pxul_
    8936 posts League Winner
    😂😂😂
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4437 posts National Call-Up

Ndidi (probably their most important player behind Vardy) is back for tonight's game, they'll be fine for UCL
  • LFC Simon 98
    18908 posts World Class
    Haha you couldn’t make this **** up

I sometimes watch The Kick Off on youtube (is mainly hosted by True Geordie and some Lawrence bloke, but they have designated fans of Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Leicester and City who come on when relevant) and it’s very good. The City fan however is so hard to listen to. He’s so entitled and talks as if City is the biggest club in the prem. he said there’s a ‘tiny’ difference between Liverpool and City’s spending. And when it comes to defence they have spent the same. I copied this from the comment of that video

Alisson £65mil - Ederson £34mil
    Trent N/A - Walker £50mil
    Gomez £3.5mil - Otamendi £35mil
    VVD £75mil - Laporte £53mil
    Robbo £8mil - Mendy £50mil
    Total back 5. Lpool £151.5m City £222mil

Subs
    Matip Free - Stones £50mil
    Lovren £22mil - Garcia N/A
    Clyne £16mil - Cancelo £50mil

Overall cost. Lpool £189.5mil - City £322mil

They’ve spent nearly double ffs
  • Wyojasond

Really? Leicester are 11 points clear of 5th. This is despite losing 4 of their last 6 games.

Not only would they need to completely implode, they’d also need United to go on a winning run - something they haven’t managed all season.

Ndidi (probably their most important player behind Vardy) is back for tonight's game, they'll be fine for UCL

I’ll admit I thought Leicester’s gap over 5th was a bit smaller, but like I said in the second part with all the injuries to these teams top scorers I don’t think anyone will be able to run them down.

End of the day I think there’s a better chance Leicester go on another bad run of form before they have a good one. Luckily for them, none of the other teams seem interested in running them down 😂
  • Pietu
    5298 posts Big Money Move
    Just watch this :)

• El_Nino
    4304 posts National Call-Up

I’d like to think that if Tammy’s injury is a serious one we’ll see a reasonable quality striker come in over the next week for Chelsea, Cavani being the really obvious one.
  • tilen11
    5755 posts Big Money Move
    Haha you couldn’t make this **** up

Another clueless melon. Not even surprised
  • tilen11

Maybe youll be lucky but Sporting it seems are adamant of not letting him go for any less than 80m and United are prepared to pay 45m.
  • Apollo
    17863 posts World Class
    tilen11 wrote: »

Maybe youll be lucky but Sporting it seems are adamant of not letting him go for any less than 80m and United are prepared to pay 45m.

Afaik you're mixing currencies there. The 80m is euros and the 45m is pounds.

They want £68m, we offered £45m before.
  • Ahmer50x
    21425 posts Club Captain

United's final game of the season is Leicester.

We don't need to close 11 pts. We just need to close 8 by the last week (in doing so, you'd think goal difference would get closer too) to set up a top 4 playoff.
  • arsenalap
    7045 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

We don't need to close 11 pts. We just need to close 8 by the last week (in doing so, you'd think goal difference would get closer too) to set up a top 4 playoff.

Leicesters goal difference is massively inflated by Southampton.

Hard to catch unless you put a couple big scores in games.
  • Ahmer50x
    21425 posts Club Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »

Leicesters goal difference is massively inflated by Southampton.

Hard to catch unless you put a couple big scores in games.

Just seen how big the difference is.

Make that 9 by the last week to set up a top 4 playoff :joy:
  • tilen11

My bad. You actually offered 60m but only 43 upfront with 17 in addons and Sporting dont like the payment structure. Also Ive read that agent fees are a massive problem since the agent is Mendes and United arent willing to pay more so Sporting could cover some differences to Mendes. Messy bussiness...
  • Apollo
    17863 posts World Class

My bad. You actually offered 60m but only 43 upfront with 17 in addons and Sporting dont like the payment structure. Also Ive read that agent fees are a massive problem since the agent is Mendes and United arent willing to pay more so Sporting could cover some differences to Mendes. Messy bussiness...

Yeah the addons are a big problem, apparently most of the criteria for them are stupid as well and unlikely to be achieved. Just hoping that the two clubs meet somewhere in the middle of their valuations and a deal is done.
  • Wyojasond
    Can’t speak for either source (probably ****) but hadn’t really seen either mentioned yet

• Pxul_
    8936 posts League Winner
    edited January 22
    We should buy the Nice player and loan him back for 2 seasons.

Edit: and stay as far away from the Lille player as possible😂
  • Ahmer50x
    21425 posts Club Captain
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Big money Lille signing? What could possibly go wrong? :joy:
  • Pxul_
    8936 posts League Winner

❤️❤️❤️❤️ Lille they’re good at earning money for ❤️❤️❤️❤️ players😂 you’re welcome to him 😂
  • Ahmer50x
    21425 posts Club Captain

**** Lille they’re good at earning money for **** players😂 you’re welcome to him 😂

Pass.

Maybe Arsenal have enough stamps on their loyalty card?
  • Pxul_
    8936 posts League Winner

**** Lille they’re good at earning money for **** players😂 you’re welcome to him 😂

Pass.

Maybe Arsenal have enough stamps on their loyalty card?

I’m sure @arsenalap would love to have him😂
  • Wyojasond
    Thought it looked like Ox came up a bit lame, so can’t blame him for being upset. Doesn’t sound like it’s anything major. Was so damn good til he came off too 😎

• Wyojasond
    Sounding like Bayern have zero interest in keeping Coutinho. Started out well there but haven’t heard much the last few months.

Wonder where Barca will try to dump him next......(maybe they can use the money we buy Mbappe with 😏)
  • Cyodine
    2104 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sounding like Bayern have zero interest in keeping Coutinho. Started out well there but haven’t heard much the last few months.

Wonder where Barca will try to dump him next......(maybe they can use the money we buy Mbappe with 😏)

I think Coutinho was always a stop gap for Bayern. They will pursue Sane and possibly Havertz in the summer. Coutinho might do well at Barca since Valverde was sacked but if he goes to PSG and helps us get Mbpappe then he should get a statue anyways for all the glory he has done with and without the club.
  • Pietu
    5298 posts Big Money Move

They sell him to PSG and then they need to sell a certain someone to stay in FFP ✔️