The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pietu
    5298 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Atal would be good for you guys imo, think he's injured atm? But in the summer it would be a good signing. Can play off either full back role, very attacking and would provide good backup.

I think Robertson is one of those freak of natures who just won't ever get injured. Trent i'm not sure about, maybe he'll be the same but would be nice to be able to rotate every now and then.

Its mad really. Your full backs are guaranteed 30-40 goal contributions a season :joy: I guess that makes up for the lack of goals in midfield but then it allows you to have proper work horses in the middle.

It actually very smart if you think about it and get fullbacks good enough and CB’s that can cover the gaps. If your midfield doesn’t have to worry about bombing on in support and you play a 3 it’s very difficult to lose the midfield battle. Which is obviously rather important.

Thought both Gini and Hendo were unreal yesterday. Gini was unplayable. Don’t recall him actually giving the ball away, and he purposely slowed it down and took him time when he needed to. Elite player this whole season tbh.

The question is. How does our tactic translate to Fm? What would be the roles of our midfield? How to make the team work like they do irl? Asking the real questions here.

The answer is I tried it and was sacked by Christmas 3 times over

It isn't easy, I tried it a couple years back, got it to work decently but nothing crazy like the season we are having now.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18908 posts World Class
    Atal would be good for you guys imo, think he's injured atm? But in the summer it would be a good signing. Can play off either full back role, very attacking and would provide good backup.

I think Robertson is one of those freak of natures who just won't ever get injured. Trent i'm not sure about, maybe he'll be the same but would be nice to be able to rotate every now and then.

Its mad really. Your full backs are guaranteed 30-40 goal contributions a season :joy: I guess that makes up for the lack of goals in midfield but then it allows you to have proper work horses in the middle.

It actually very smart if you think about it and get fullbacks good enough and CB’s that can cover the gaps. If your midfield doesn’t have to worry about bombing on in support and you play a 3 it’s very difficult to lose the midfield battle. Which is obviously rather important.

Thought both Gini and Hendo were unreal yesterday. Gini was unplayable. Don’t recall him actually giving the ball away, and he purposely slowed it down and took him time when he needed to. Elite player this whole season tbh.

The question is. How does our tactic translate to Fm? What would be the roles of our midfield? How to make the team work like they do irl? Asking the real questions here.

It isn't easy, I tried it a couple years back, got it to work decently but nothing crazy like the season we are having now.

FM always allows for those once/twice a season games where everyone plays like crap. We just somehow don’t have them irl (yet)
  • Wyojasond
    13001 posts Has That Special Something
    That’s a crazy stat for the way we press at times 😎

• Argie8
    6168 posts Big Money Move

we've also got the best looking squad and the nicest smelling. what a time to be alive
  • Apollo
    17863 posts World Class
    Argie8 wrote: »

we've also got the best looking squad and the nicest smelling. what a time to be alive

Yeah but you don't have the squad who make the silliest faces, Phil Jones wins that by himself.
  • wth22
    11013 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »

Yeah but you don't have the squad who make the silliest faces, Phil Jones wins that by himself.

If you want to win that we'll do you a solid, van Dijk + 50m for Jones
  • Pietu
    wth22 wrote: »

If you want to win that we'll do you a solid, van Dijk + 50m for Jones

Throw in Woodward and the Glazers and it’s a deal!
  • Pietu

FM always allows for those once/twice a season games where everyone plays like crap. We just somehow don’t have them irl (yet)

You could say that FM is unrealistic because of it
  • Pietu
    Does anyone in here know anything about running injuries/aches? Because my feet a lot of the time start to hurt from a couple same spots when running.
  • Littleland95
    17325 posts Moderator
    Does anyone in here know anything about running injuries/aches? Because my feet a lot of the time start to hurt from a couple same spots when running.

Checked this?

https://www.runnersworld.com/gear/a20795259/pronation-explained/
  • Pietu

Checked this?

https://www.runnersworld.com/gear/a20795259/pronation-explained/

No I didn't, thanks!
  • Argie8

Damn. Almost had the treble
  • tilen11
    5755 posts Big Money Move
    Just watched InsideAnfield from our United game. When Salah missed that sitter in the 2nd half Firmino is laughing :joy:

You know you are the best team when your teammate laughs at you for missing THE sitter against United in the PL.
  • Argie8
    Mbappe has been hyping us up again....

That's the signing basically confirmed then
  • LFC Simon 98
    18908 posts World Class

STOP IT PLEASE I CANT TAKE IT
  • Pxul_
    8937 posts League Winner
    Mbappe was ❤️❤️❤️❤️ us off pretty much on an interview with BBC.
  • Argie8

STOP IT PLEASE I CANT TAKE IT

Shock. #mbappe2020 is trending

He probably started off the hashtag himself
  • Wyojasond
    Supposedly an agreement has been made between Klopp and Werner already, source is the Daily Star though...so 😂

I really did think Chelsea were gonna make a big play for him this month so the fact they have cooled and are eyeing other targets makes me think this deal will happen this summer 😎
  • Pugzilla
    17136 posts World Class
    Letting Shaqiri leave for 30m? Didn’t we pay like 15m? :D
  • Wyojasond
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Letting Shaqiri leave for 30m? Didn’t we pay like 15m? :D

Yep. 13 I think 😂

Roma fans would lose it if we sell him for 30m+ to them after the Salah deal 😂
  • Cyodine
    2104 posts Fans' Favourite
    How much would Mbappe actually cost and how long is his current contract with PGS?
  • tilen11
    5755 posts Big Money Move
    Cyodine wrote: »
    How much would Mbappe actually cost and how long is his current contract with PGS?

No less than 200m. His contract expires in the summer of 2022.
  • Pxul_
    8937 posts League Winner
  • Pooter
    3896 posts National Call-Up

Why would we even do that? I mean isn’t he like the same age as Fabinho? And I know who I’d rather have

I have my doubts that this is true, he would cost too much for something we have in Fab.
  • pudgyfudgy
    5984 posts Big Money Move
    Not Liverpool related but Everton were 2-0 up as it ticked to the 94th minute and managed to draw 2-2 with Newcastle lol

Just saw the highlights... A centreback scored a bicycle kick and Pickford was standing inside his own goal for the equaliser... :D
  • Kellnerr
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    Since the league is basically ours this season (yes I have said it, sorry) I really stopped caring about City's and the rest of the league top 6' results, but who do we actually want to qualify for CL and EL? Leicester is the obvious choice, can't see them being a long term threat to us tbh and taking af CL spot off the other ones is really nice. Would like Spurs to finish 4th personally, they are the most likable club of our rivals, contrary to Chelsea who play nice football with nice young players but we must not forget how it was a couple of years ago haha. They can finish 5th and Wolves hopefully in 6th place then. I'd fancy United without Rashford to drop out of the top6 now.
    No clue how 7th place works for EL but a couple of teams dropping out of CL or EL spots would hinder their long term progress and that's good for us. What about you guys?
  • Pietu
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Since the league is basically ours this season (yes I have said it, sorry) I really stopped caring about City's and the rest of the league top 6' results, but who do we actually want to qualify for CL and EL? Leicester is the obvious choice, can't see them being a long term threat to us tbh and taking af CL spot off the other ones is really nice. Would like Spurs to finish 4th personally, they are the most likable club of our rivals, contrary to Chelsea who play nice football with nice young players but we must not forget how it was a couple of years ago haha. They can finish 5th and Wolves hopefully in 6th place then. I'd fancy United without Rashford to drop out of the top6 now.
    No clue how 7th place works for EL but a couple of teams dropping out of CL or EL spots would hinder their long term progress and that's good for us. What about you guys?

Leicester, Sheffield, Wolves, Arsenal, NORWICH
  • Flapjack
    7059 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 22
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Not really bothered tbh. Wolves and Leicester qualifying would be a refreshing change and I think it’s only better for the league that we’re going from top 4 to top 6 to top 8 etc. More quality teams.

Also, I’d rather United finished in a Europa league spot. Whilst it would be hilarious, United, Arsenal and Spurs all finishing outside Europe would probably give them a better run at the league next season.