The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• tilen11
    5877 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »
    "A comment I made on r/soccer 5 days ago. The conversation was hilarious, guy was constantly on about how AWB makes more tackles thus must be the better defender.

Defence:

TAA:

66% tackles succeeded
    46 clearances
    28 interceptions
    19 headed clearances
    7 blocks
    AWB:

68% tackles succeeded
    38 clearances
    39 interceptions
    15 headed clearances
    5 blocks
    Offence:

TAA:

8 assists
    2 goals
    13 big chances created
    AWB:

1 assist
    0 goals
    1 big chance created
    Conclusion: pretty much on par defence wise those two, Trent vastly superior attacking wise."

Stats dont lie.
  • Apollo
    18422 posts World Class
    I don't even see how anyone could bite at that. AWB is better at the defensive side of things, TAA is better at the attacking side of things. Pretty much everyone knows that imo.
  • ChrisLFC
    7296 posts Big Money Move
    quote-if-i-have-to-make-a-tackle-then-i-have-already-made-a-mistake-paolo-maldini-139-77-38.jpg
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    quote-if-i-have-to-make-a-tackle-then-i-have-already-made-a-mistake-paolo-maldini-139-77-38.jpg

Still can’t work out if people actually believe this quote or if they just post it trolling.
  • Pietu
    5933 posts Big Money Move
    Apollo wrote: »
    I don't even see how anyone could bite at that. AWB is better at the defensive side of things, TAA is better at the attacking side of things. Pretty much everyone knows that imo.

But TAA's defensive side gets criticised way too much
  • Pietu

Still can’t work out if people actually believe this quote or if they just post it trolling.

My opinion, defender does his job better if he doesn't have to tackle, if he has to slide, the opponent probably has beat him in a 1V1
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

My opinion, defender does his job better if he doesn't have to tackle, if he has to slide, the opponent probably has beat him in a 1V1

Talking specifically about that Maldini quote, he made thousands of tackles over his career. Of course not having to tackle would be better but you aren’t ever going to get a defender who doesn’t have to tackle.

Also if you watch AWB he lets people try and run him on the outside and just catches them and slide tackles or blocks the cross. It’s the perfect way to play at full back, never let them get inside and block or tackle their cross.

Don’ know why Liverpool fans are still so insecure that they have to compare their players to others still.
  • Hicksy2011
    14667 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 19
    Can you lot win 10-0 today
    I’m rarely on your side but you’ve won the title and I can’t stand listening to United fans I know who think Ole is a doing a really good job
    Also I have RTTF Gomez so a CL win would be quite useful too
  • Pietu

Talking specifically about that Maldini quote, he made thousands of tackles over his career. Of course not having to tackle would be better but you aren’t ever going to get a defender who doesn’t have to tackle.

Also if you watch AWB he lets people try and run him on the outside and just catches them and slide tackles or blocks the cross. It’s the perfect way to play at full back, never let them get inside and block or tackle their cross.

Don’ know why Liverpool fans are still so insecure that they have to compare their players to others still.

Nah not for me. Don’t know what is the perfect defensive way to play fullback for me but it’s not that, altough that is a good way good but it’s not the perfect way for me.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

Nah not for me. Don’t know what is the perfect defensive way to play fullback for me but it’s not that, altough that is a good way good but it’s not the perfect way for me.

Well the perfect way is never letting your opposite man touch the ball but that’s impossible.

The way I described is without doubt the best way to realistically play full back. Never allow them inside, never allow a cross.
  • Pietu

Well the perfect way is never letting your opposite man touch the ball but that’s impossible.

The way I described is without doubt the best way to realistically play full back. Never allow them inside, never allow a cross.

Rather let them outside than inside agreed but never letting them to cross is impossible aswell but I get what you mean.
  • Snugglebites
    1476 posts Professional
    Who really cares who's better defensively?
  • Tornado31619
    20186 posts Club Captain
    Score predictions? You love grinding out results, but I still think it'll finish 2/3-1 to you. The best-case scenario for us is that we get a draw, but I don't see that happening without you scoring.
  • tilen11
    Score predictions? You love grinding out results, but I still think it'll finish 2/3-1 to you. The best-case scenario for us is that we get a draw, but I don't see that happening without you scoring.

Hoping for a 2-0.
  • Pxul_
    9180 posts League Winner
    4-0
  • Tornado31619
    20186 posts Club Captain
    Match thread opened.
  • tilen11
    edited January 19
    Nothing to do with us, just thought this is mindblowing...

55.4% — Kepa Arrizabalaga has the worst save percentage of any keeper in the Premier League.

127th — Out of 132 keepers from Europe's top seven leagues Kepa ranks 127th in save percentage.

£72m.
  • Wyojasond
    13303 posts Has That Special Something
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with us, just thought this is mindblowing...

55.4% — Kepa Arrizabalaga has the worst save percentage of any keeper in the Premier League.

127th — Out of 132 keepers from Europe's top seven leagues Kepa ranks 127th in save percentage.

£72m.

Read a great article the other day pointing back to how paying a bit more for Alisson to get him before Chelsea was more than worth it. They ended up paying even more for Kepa because of it and he’s not even half the keeper.

Really shows again how much things have changed. Chelsea used to sneak in and steal great players from us all the time in the market. Thank god we didn’t let it happen this time 😂
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    "A comment made on r/soccer 5 days ago. The conversation was hilarious, guy was constantly on about how AWB makes more tackles thus must be the better defender.

Defence:

TAA:

66% tackles succeeded
    46 clearances
    28 interceptions
    19 headed clearances
    7 blocks
    AWB:

68% tackles succeeded
    38 clearances
    39 interceptions
    15 headed clearances
    5 blocks
    Offence:

TAA:

8 assists
    2 goals
    13 big chances created
    AWB:

1 assist
    0 goals
    1 big chance created
    Conclusion: pretty much on par defence wise those two, Trent vastly superior attacking wise."

Also your stats appear to be wrong

• Pietu
    "A comment made on r/soccer 5 days ago. The conversation was hilarious, guy was constantly on about how AWB makes more tackles thus must be the better defender.

Defence:

TAA:

66% tackles succeeded
    46 clearances
    28 interceptions
    19 headed clearances
    7 blocks
    AWB:

68% tackles succeeded
    38 clearances
    39 interceptions
    15 headed clearances
    5 blocks
    Offence:

TAA:

8 assists
    2 goals
    13 big chances created
    AWB:

1 assist
    0 goals
    1 big chance created

I can go find where he got them
  • Ahmer50x
    22004 posts Club Captain

Defence:

TAA:

66% tackles succeeded
    46 clearances
    28 interceptions
    19 headed clearances
    7 blocks
    AWB:

68% tackles succeeded
    38 clearances
    39 interceptions
    15 headed clearances
    5 blocks
    Offence:

TAA:

8 assists
    2 goals
    13 big chances created
    AWB:

1 assist
    0 goals
    1 big chance created

AWB: 68% of 235 tackles
    TAA: 65% of 134 tackles

That's from the official Prem site
  • tilen11
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Defence:

TAA:

66% tackles succeeded
    46 clearances
    28 interceptions
    19 headed clearances
    7 blocks
    AWB:

68% tackles succeeded
    38 clearances
    39 interceptions
    15 headed clearances
    5 blocks
    Offence:

TAA:

8 assists
    2 goals
    13 big chances created
    AWB:

1 assist
    0 goals
    1 big chance created

Guess StatmanDave isnt the Statman people deserve.
  • Pietu

Defence:

TAA:

66% tackles succeeded
    46 clearances
    28 interceptions
    19 headed clearances
    7 blocks
    AWB:

68% tackles succeeded
    38 clearances
    39 interceptions
    15 headed clearances
    5 blocks
    Offence:

TAA:

8 assists
    2 goals
    13 big chances created
    AWB:

1 assist
    0 goals
    1 big chance created

Thanks!
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    Imagine people on Twitter lying for likes and retweets.
  • Ahmer50x
    22004 posts Club Captain

Defence:

TAA:

66% tackles succeeded
    46 clearances
    28 interceptions
    19 headed clearances
    7 blocks
    AWB:

68% tackles succeeded
    38 clearances
    39 interceptions
    15 headed clearances
    5 blocks
    Offence:

TAA:

8 assists
    2 goals
    13 big chances created
    AWB:

1 assist
    0 goals
    1 big chance created

Different sites classify things differently.

But nonetheless the point about AWB stands due to sheer volume of tackles.

He's the better defender by miles
  • LFC Simon 98
    19167 posts World Class
    ‘Sheer volume of tackles’

That wouldn’t happen to have anything to do with the fact we have an average of 67% possession this season or anything?
  • Pietu

Defence:

TAA:

66% tackles succeeded
    46 clearances
    28 interceptions
    19 headed clearances
    7 blocks
    AWB:

68% tackles succeeded
    38 clearances
    39 interceptions
    15 headed clearances
    5 blocks
    Offence:

TAA:

8 assists
    2 goals
    13 big chances created
    AWB:

1 assist
    0 goals
    1 big chance created

Different sites classify things differently.

But nonetheless the point about AWB stands due to sheer volume of tackles.

He's the better defender by miles

He is the better defender yes, my point just was that TAA is a better defender than people give him credit for.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15903 posts World Class
    City drew and now Leicester lost. Yet VAR is handing us the league title. Nothing to do with their performances.
  • Uh oh Alison has product in his hair
  • Cyodine
    2176 posts Fans' Favourite
    Uh oh Alison has product in his hair

It's the equivalent of when Ronaldo has noodle hair. It means Allison is going to show why he's the best Goal Keeper.