The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pxul_
    8903 posts League Winner
    I think our defence has been back to its best since Gomez has came back in. Matip is great but Gomez is just so quick.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18882 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I think our defence has been back to its best since Gomez has came back in. Matip is great but Gomez is just so quick.

Can’t remember who said it, May have been Merson who’s usually a melon, but I thought he was spot on. He says with VVD and Gomez at the back together, we can afford to just leave them 2 on 2 with the opposition when we have the ball because they are that good physically (both pace and power) that you don’t worry about them. Leaving the other 8 players to just kinda do their thing. I hadn’t actually noticed it much but since he said it I’ve seen it a lot. Even away to Spurs we were leaving Gomez and VVD against Lucas and Son, and they hardly even made a chance until we went full defence mode.

Basically the faith our team has in those 2 at the back is exceptional. Apparently they play 2 on 3 against the front 3 at the end of training most days at the minute. Just to really test eachother.
  • Argie8
    6165 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Can’t remember who said it, May have been Merson who’s usually a melon, but I thought he was spot on. He says with VVD and Gomez at the back together, we can afford to just leave them 2 on 2 with the opposition when we have the ball because they are that good physically (both pace and power) that you don’t worry about them. Leaving the other 8 players to just kinda do their thing. I hadn’t actually noticed it much but since he said it I’ve seen it a lot. Even away to Spurs we were leaving Gomez and VVD against Lucas and Son, and they hardly even made a chance until we went full defence mode.

Basically the faith our team has in those 2 at the back is exceptional. Apparently they play 2 on 3 against the front 3 at the end of training most days at the minute. Just to really test eachother.

absolutely. And unlike last season, we've used a much higher back line this season so unsurprisingly when we had Matip and Lovren next to VVD we started the season somewhat struggling defensively and being more exposed. But now we have Gomez back we have the pace to play the high line to perfection. its no surprise we've had literally 8 clean sheets in a row since the 2 were reunited
  • Pietu
    5229 posts Big Money Move
    Underrated

rmizg482wbb41.jpg
  • Pugzilla
    17133 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »
    Underrated

rmizg482wbb41.jpg

One season wonder apparently to some on here. Those trolls have now mainly been banned now though. No nonbelievers anymore I'd imagine.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18882 posts World Class
    Underrated

rmizg482wbb41.jpg

Has debating with a pal whether him or Mane was better. I said Salah, he was adamant Mane.

Ended up just agreeing to be happy we have 2 players that are that good.
  • Southgatology
    1402 posts Professional
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Underrated

rmizg482wbb41.jpg

One season wonder apparently to some on here. Those trolls have now mainly been banned now though. No nonbelievers anymore I'd imagine.

Most people saying that would’ve just been winding Pool fans up, which judging by this comment 2.5 years later they absolutely achieved.
  • Pugzilla
    17133 posts World Class
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Underrated

rmizg482wbb41.jpg

Most people saying that would’ve just been winding Pool fans up, which judging by this comment 2.5 years later they absolutely achieved.

He’s been called a one season wonder in here up until like half of last year, it was daily, I think instead of them winding me up it was what their delusional thoughts actually were.

• Pietu
    Underrated

rmizg482wbb41.jpg

Has debating with a pal whether him or Mane was better. I said Salah, he was adamant Mane.

Both are fantastic players but for me, Salah edges it.
  • tilen11
    5742 posts Big Money Move
    Palace up at HT :astonished:
  • wth22
    11004 posts Has That Special Something
    I mean he is obviously a world class player even still, but I'd say he's still a one season wonder - had one season where he was outrageously good, then regressed to his mean, which even after the regression was still world class. He can be both a one season wonder and still world class. Not like Michu, Amr Zaki etc., but he was Messi/Ronaldo tier one season and then just a tier below the top the next and so far this season.
  • Ahmer50x
    21386 posts Club Captain
    wth22 wrote: »
    I mean he is obviously a world class player even still, but I'd say he's still a one season wonder - had one season where he was outrageously good, then regressed to his mean, which even after the regression was still world class. He can be both a one season wonder and still world class. Not like Michu, Amr Zaki etc., but he was Messi/Ronaldo tier one season and then just a tier below the top the next and so far this season.

Yeah, he was a one season wonder at the GOAT tier but still elite after. This is a fair analysis IMO
  • Argie8
    Underrated

rmizg482wbb41.jpg

I think most people who don't watch them and mainly watch match of the day prefer Mane. Obviously Mane is a great player but Salah is more well rounded. He can be the guy to make chances for the team or be the guy who gets on the end of chances whereas Mane is mainly the guy who gets on the end of chances imo.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18882 posts World Class

Messi scored 91 that year and then never did it again. Guess he’s a one season wonder too
  • Sellish
    9926 posts Has That Special Something

Messi scored 91 that year and then never did it again. Guess he’s a one season wonder too

Comparing Salah to Messi and Ronaldo again are we?
  • Argie8
    We could lose our next 6 games and still be top of the league lmaooo
  • Argie8

It's all semantics really. Agree with most of this though
  • Apollo
    17836 posts World Class
    Argie8 wrote: »

Whether you all are willing to admit it publicly or not, you must all know you've won the league now. It would be a monumental bottle job to end all bottle jobs not to win it now.
  • Pietu
    Sellish wrote: »

Comparing Salah to Messi and Ronaldo again are we?

No... Just compared @wth22 's point about Salah being a 1 season wonder to Messi being a 1 season wonder, both are either good or bad points
  • Argie8
    Apollo wrote: »

Whether you all are willing to admit it publicly or not, you must all know you've won the league now. It would be a monumental bottle job to end all bottle jobs not to win it now.

not yet. some might think that but not me personally. although im the type of guy who wouldnt say we were gonna win the champions league final until the 92nd minute :joy: obviously its looking good, but id rather not talk too prematurely. it would definitely be a bottle job if we dont win it though i think even liverpool fans can admit at this point
  • arsenalap
    7039 posts Big Money Move

I really don't get this post.

Has nothing to do with what he said at all.
  • tilen11
    Liverpool need 11 wins in their 17 games to win the Premier League, no matter what any other side in the top flight does.

• Pietu
    We have the best Spanish goalie in the league, mad.
  • arsenalap
    7039 posts Big Money Move

When did you sign Guaita?
  • LFC Simon 98
    18882 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »

Guaita saved it into his own net vs us. Mediocre at best lol
  • Cyodine
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    arsenalap wrote: »

Guaita saved it into his own net vs us. Mediocre at best lol

This. Guaita is still the 2nd best GK in the league though.
  • tilen11
    Roma are preparing another bid for Shaqiri. New deal includes a loan until the end of the season and after that a permanent deal. Swiss international is interested in the move after his first team were limited at Anfield. Klopp wont let anyone leave in January. He held talks with Shaqiri who will most likely move in the summer.
  • tilen11
    Apollo wrote: »

I admit it. I think the title is ours. We can have a really bad couple of games and still come out on top and I just cant see us having a hard time for an extended period. If we dont win the title with +13 and a game in hand that would be more than just a monumental bottle job. We would become the biggest laughing stock there is and rightly so. It may sound harsh to some fans but its the truth,

• Pietu
    edited January 19
    "A comment made on r/soccer 5 days ago. The conversation was hilarious, guy was constantly on about how AWB makes more tackles thus must be the better defender.

Defence:

TAA:

66% tackles succeeded
    46 clearances
    28 interceptions
    19 headed clearances
    7 blocks
    AWB:

68% tackles succeeded
    38 clearances
    39 interceptions
    15 headed clearances
    5 blocks
    Offence:

TAA:

8 assists
    2 goals
    13 big chances created
    AWB:

1 assist
    0 goals
    1 big chance created
    Conclusion: pretty much on par defence wise those two, Trent vastly superior attacking wise."