Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    19164 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »

We played City and Chelsea away back to back over the Christmas period and got done by the ref’s in both games. We were 1-0 when that happened with Sterling and then lost 2-1. With Chelsea we were 2-1 down and Eto’o took Suarez out in the box but the ref gave nothing

Not that I’m still salty about it or anything
  • Pietu
    5902 posts Big Money Move

We played City and Chelsea away back to back over the Christmas period and got done by the ref’s in both games. We were 1-0 when that happened with Sterling and then lost 2-1. With Chelsea we were 2-1 down and Eto’o took Suarez out in the box but the ref gave nothing

I don't remember those :lol:

Maybe LiVARpool is infact true :trollface:
  • Wyojasond
    13293 posts Has That Special Something
  • Pxul_
    9177 posts League Winner
    I wish we’d buy just one superstar in the name of kylian 😏
  • Wyojasond
    Pxul_ wrote: »

giphy.gif
  • Pietu

Kylian Hazard :trollface:
  • Flapjack
    7059 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 14

Was actually 0-0 at that point. Coutinho scored a few minutes later to make it 1-0.
    I remember every single game from that season like it was yesterday. The best football we’ve ever played attacking wise imo. You almost forget how insane Suarez was till you watch a season review or something.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15903 posts World Class
    Flapjack wrote: »
    Also, the tainted title stuff is just City fans projecting their insecurities tbh.

They’re mad at the fact that, despite how utterly brilliant this Pep team is, no one really gives their success the recognition it deserves as it is always put down as a result of financial doping. They won a **** quadruple last year and people were like meh. Oil money. Im willing to bet our CL win got more media coverage and that must be **** annoying as hell for them so they have to look for a reason to demean other people’s success.

VAR is the only obvious excuse they can come up with to cover the embarrassment of being so far behind a team whose net spend is a good £400m less. They could throw the Laporte Injury line but they know thats a weak excuse for a team that’s spent over 300m on defenders alone.

When United were dominating the league everybody also said SAF had the refs in his pockets. Trust me, if United were the ones who were 14 points clear at the top this season, with all the pens they’ve had so far, everyone would be attacking them instead for having VAR in their pockets.

Every time someone brings up a ‘Liverpool get all the VAR decisions’ argument on twitter and you reply with 5 examples of where it went against us, they ignore those. It’s useless.

They’re still at the bargaining stage of grief. The longer the season goes, the more they’ll come to accept that it’s less to do with VAR and more to do with Liverpool being relentless. There was no VAR last season and we lost 1 game and got 97 points. Ironically with VAR we’ve gotten a CL and look like getting a PL so maybe were the ones who’ve been getting robbed all this time lol.

All I’ll say is the last league title Liverpool won was around when I was born. I have literally waited my whole life for a league title and I personally don’t care if they wanna call it tainted. No one is gonna ruin a league win for me if it happens this season. Not Mark from twitter, not Peter from Bluemoon.

Brilliant post
  • wth22
    11163 posts Has That Special Something
    As much as my salt and sarcasm will claim it is, if it goes this way no way is it tainted in any way. Even if you consider the fact Liverpool got a few contentious calls here and there, and even if you make all of them go the other way, you would still be fairly comfortably ahead. Maybe if the margin was about 2 or 3 points, not when it's 14 with a game in hand :D
  • Wyojasond
    Henderson won “Men’s POTY” in England 😎
  • wth22
    11163 posts Has That Special Something

Online poll, shock horror the Liverpool captain won
  • arsenalap
    7276 posts Big Money Move
    wth22 wrote: »

Online poll, shock horror the Liverpool captain won

Who would you say should have won?

Because for me its Henderson, Kane or Sterling. No issues with Henderson winning.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6126 posts Big Money Move
    Flapjack wrote: »
    They’re mad at the fact that, despite how utterly brilliant this Pep team is, no one really gives their success the recognition it deserves as it is always put down as a result of financial doping. They won a **** quadruple last year and people were like meh. Oil money. Im willing to bet our CL win got more media coverage and that must be **** annoying as hell for them so they have to look for a reason to demean other people’s success.

On this note, there's an interesting article on ESPN today about RB Leipzig and why everyone in Germany hates them.

https://global.espn.com/football/german-bundesliga/story/4029702/why-rb-leipzig-is-the-most-hated-soccer-team-in-the-bundesliga

This is also why I dislike City and Chelsea a little more than Man Utd or Arsenal. At least the latter 2 earned their titles the hard way.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15903 posts World Class
    My line up vs Ole's at the wheel.

Alisson

TAA Gomez Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Gini Ox

Salah Firmino Mane

Subs: Adrian, Matip, Fabinho, Minamino, Milner, Origi, Shaqiri.

Look at that bench 😱
  • Pxul_
    9177 posts League Winner
    If Fabinho is confident he’s fit I’d play him 100%
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15903 posts World Class
    If Fabinho is confident he’s fit I’d play him 100%

Personally think he'll be on the bench as its his first game back but yeah if fit he has to start.
  • Kellnerr
    3210 posts National Call-Up
    He was out for too long to be fully matchfit again to start the game. Hendo has been great since Fab was out, should be Ox-Hendo-Gini again.
  • Pxul_
    9177 posts League Winner
    I think Fabinho in for Henderson is our best midfield at the moment with keitas injuries. But henderson gives 100% as always, should be a good game.
  • Wyojasond
    Hendo had a bad game against Spurs I felt like, but he still should start this game. He’ll bring that bit of nastiness to the game we'll need at times.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Lallana start over Ox either. Klopp knows they are going to sit back all game. He might want somebody to try and break them down a bit.
  • Argie8
    6210 posts Big Money Move
    Hendo had a bad game against Spurs I felt like, but he still should start this game. He’ll bring that bit of nastiness to the game we'll need at times.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Lallana start over Ox either. Klopp knows they are going to sit back all game. He might want somebody to try and break them down a bit.

Id back ox to break them down a lot more than Lallana tbh. The fella has like one assist in a year

Also, afcon will be in January and February next year :cry: time to buy some non African players???
  • Pietu
    Argie8 wrote: »

Id back ox to break them down a lot more than Lallana tbh. The fella has like one assist in a year

Also, afcon will be in January and February next year :cry: time to buy some non African players???

Mbappe :sunglasses:
  • arsenalap
    7276 posts Big Money Move

We're both ❤️❤️❤️❤️ then :D
  • Pietu
    When everyone is fully fit, I think our best midfield is

Naby - Fabinho - Hendo

Hendo/Gini is a really close call though
  • Pxul_
    9177 posts League Winner
    Gini > Hendo
  • Pietu
    Gini > Hendo

Yeah probably but Hendo gives Trent that freedom to go forward and as good as Gini is, I would choose Hendo for that reason.
  • Argie8
    6210 posts Big Money Move

Mbappe :sunglasses:

We have no other choice :trollface::triumph:
    arsenalap wrote: »

We're both **** then :D

Yep :joy:
  • Cyodine
    2176 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hendo has improved so much these last couple of seasons. It's very hard for me to put together a midfield and not include him in it. His crosses in the box are pretty wicked as well!