Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    19167 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Being serious, I think we’ll go invincible, does anyone else genuinely think we will?

I think it’ll be set in stone after the city game.

Only 2 teams can stop you.

City and us. City for obvious reasons. Us because if Arteta gets it right and fires them up enough we have an added reason.

More concerned about Chelsea than you lot tbh if we’re still unbeaten by that stage
  • Pietu
    5933 posts Big Money Move
    Being serious, I think we’ll go invincible, does anyone else genuinely think we will?

Don't even want to think about it yet :lol:
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

City and us. City for obvious reasons. Us because if Arteta gets it right and fires them up enough we have an added reason.

Man really including Arsenal 😅

I just hope someone **** beats them though
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Argie8 wrote: »
    70 mil euros for Bruno fernandes. Yay or nay?

Just asking the question

Wouldn’t have him at us personally but it’s just because he wouldn’t fit. Tidy player, scores a lot, maybe not as creative as people assume but still not bad.

Not sure about this statement though, if he does come, fully expect his chances created to be up there just in the tier below KDB.

It’ll be interesting to see how he transitions. I obviously don’t watch Liga Nos much (if at all) but the league is severely lacking in defenders from what I’ve seen. They have some great attackers and playmakers, but it’s like most teams just gave up on adding quality defenders 😂

Again it’s no slight on Bruno, always been a fan, but have to agree with Simon. Don’t think he’ll be as creative in the PL.

Of course he won’t be as Creative because the league is a lot harder but his numbers will be up there
  • Wyojasond
    13303 posts Has That Special Something
    Say we get to late March and are still in the CL but have sewn up the PL. Would you guys be ok with Klopp rotating heavily to stay fresh for the CL even if it cost us the invincible season?

I kind of feel like he could care less about going undefeated the whole year 😂
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    edited January 13
    Say we get to late March and are still in the CL but have sewn up the PL. Would you guys be ok with Klopp rotating heavily to stay fresh for the CL even if it cost us the invincible season?

I kind of feel like he could care less about going undefeated the whole year 😂

I think the players want the invincible title and the CL. Just get that vibe. Klopp probably wouldn’t care about invincibles though.

Post edited by Pugzilla on
  • Argie8
    6210 posts Big Money Move
    Couple of quick notes to start the week....
    • Brewster started for Swansea yesterday. Didn’t score but had a very good game I heard. Fans were singing his name all game.
    • Club is supposedly looking at sending Karius and around 8m to Turkish side Trabzonspor this summer in exchange for there young keeper Ugurcan Cakir
    • A few unreliable sources saying we are still keen on Ousmane Dembele. Would cost around 85m. A few others are saying we are keeping an eye on Grealish too 🤔
    • Liverpool only need 11 more wins this year to seal the title 😎

I didn't watch the game but based on what I read on Twitter it sounded like Brewster was absolutely terrible. People were being very harsh about him
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15903 posts World Class

I couldn't care less. Been a fan since 1996, we don't need the extra added pressure. Just win the league even if it's by a point or goal difference.
  • Wyojasond
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Couple of quick notes to start the week....
    • Brewster started for Swansea yesterday. Didn’t score but had a very good game I heard. Fans were singing his name all game.
    • Club is supposedly looking at sending Karius and around 8m to Turkish side Trabzonspor this summer in exchange for there young keeper Ugurcan Cakir
    • A few unreliable sources saying we are still keen on Ousmane Dembele. Would cost around 85m. A few others are saying we are keeping an eye on Grealish too 🤔
    • Liverpool only need 11 more wins this year to seal the title 😎

I didn't watch the game but based on what I read on Twitter it sounded like Brewster was absolutely terrible. People were being very harsh about him

Hmmm, weird. All the stuff I saw yesterday On twitter from pundits was very positive. Will have to go back and see what others said.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19167 posts World Class
    Quick question. Who’s the ‘best’ player between Fowler, Torres and Suarez.

I feel the first 2 were fantastic but Suarez was another level because he brought more than just goals. Curious to see what others think.
  • Ahmer50x
    22004 posts Club Captain
    Think you're all forgetting about the only team to take points off you so far :trollface:
  • arsenalap
    7283 posts Big Money Move

Man really including Arsenal 😅

I just hope someone **** beats them though

Im including us because we have more of a reason to beat them than anyone else, not because we are the 2nd best team left to play them because we aren't.
  • Pxul_
    9179 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Think you're all forgetting about the only team to take points off you so far :trollface:

You really think you could win at anfield ;)
  • Ahmer50x
    22004 posts Club Captain

You really think you could win at anfield ;)

I do not :lol:
  • Pietu

I feel the first 2 were fantastic but Suarez was another level because he brought more than just goals. Curious to see what others think.

You already know what I think, Suarez! But would be good to hear what other people think, non Liverpool fans aswell.
  • Pxul_
    9179 posts League Winner
    Torres and Suarez are so close for me imo. Torres was my favourite striker when I was watching him growing up. Then Suarez came and did great things for us.

Can’t choose
  • Wyojasond

Honestly I always worry playing United. I think you guys are more setup to beat us than any other team in the league, City included.

I saw an interesting conversation between Neville and Gerrard a few weeks ago and they were talking about how Liverpool were beating United quite a bit in the league in the late 2000s but they felt it was because Liverpool saw that game as more important than United did. They didn’t see it as much of a rivalry game because it didn’t have a ton of bearing on the title race. Roles are kind of reversed now. I really dont see (and I don’t think the players do much either) that this United game is that big.

So with that being said I still always worry playing you guys because of that 😂
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

Depends on the definition of best. Best individual season I would say Suarez, Torres. Fowler.

Best player for you overall I would say Fowler, Torres, Suarez.
  • El_Nino
    4402 posts National Call-Up
    Torres is the best out and out 9/goal scorer for me.
    Suarez was the best player all round.
    Fowler was very good but not quite comparable to the others for me.
  • Argie8
    6210 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 13

Suarez quite comfortably tbh. He carried us. He played the false 9 role to perfection, to a level I've only seen bettered by Messi

Torres was wonderful but he required service most of the time. Suarez required nothing to dominate matches
  • Kellnerr
    3210 posts National Call-Up
    Suarez was probably the best individual I've seen playing for this club, even better than Gerrard in his prime. Hurts to say but it's the truth.
  • Wyojasond
    Our new signing Joe Hardy scored a nice brace in the U-23 game today 😎
  • LFC Simon 98
    19167 posts World Class
    edited January 13
    City are only 6 points worse off than last year yet all I’ve heard on twitter/radio is about how they’ve been awful compared to their own standards.

Sorry thought this was an appropriate place to complain aboht it
  • Pietu
    City are only 6 points worse off than last year yet all I’ve heard on twitter/radio is about how they’ve been awful compared to their own standards.

Sorry thought this was an appropriate place to complain aboht it

This is
  • Kellnerr
    3210 posts National Call-Up
    Talking about the quality of the league - how impressive would it be to win the title this season, or for other clubs, making top4 or top6?
    Is it less impressive because some clubs are not at their best (United, Arsenal, Spurs) or is it even more impressive because the overall quality of the league has risen so much in the past few years ( thanks to ridiculous financial possibilities of course) what makes it more difficult to get points from the 'weaker' sides?
  • Ahmer50x
    22004 posts Club Captain
    edited January 13
    I know some people disagree with this but, to me, the league is at it's highest quality yet.

Yes, United and Arsenal aren't the same as the past but City and Liverpool are strong in a way they weren't 10-15 years ago. Spurs have ended up more or less the same as they were back then positionally. The quality of player has skyrocketed though.

When United won the PL+CL double in 2007-08, Spurs had the likes of Teemu Tainio, Pascal Chimbonda, and Steed Malbranque. Newcastle's top scorers were Michael Owen (post-injuries), Obafemi Martins, and Mark Viduka. Wigan stayed up and their top goalscorer was Marcus Bent with 7 goals.

The league has improved drastically since then.
  • Pietu
    I know some people disagree with this but, to me, the league is at it's highest quality yet.

Yes, United and Arsenal aren't the same as the past but City and Liverpool are strong in a way they weren't 10-15 years ago. Spurs have ended up more or less the same as they were back then positionally. The quality of player has skyrocketed though.

When United won the PL+CL double in 2007-08, Spurs had the likes of Teemu Tainio, Pascal Chimbonda, and Steed Malbranque. Newcastle's top scorers were Michael Owen (post-injuries), Obafemi Martins, and Mark Viduka. Wigan stayed up and their top goalscorer was Marcus Bent with 7 goals.

The league has improved drastically since then.

See, even back then Spurs knew something about quality players :smirk:
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15903 posts World Class
    Anyone seen the tainted title hashtag City fans have started on twitter? Apparently we're being handed the title by VAR. 😂😂😂

• LFC Simon 98
    19167 posts World Class
    Anyone seen the tainted title hashtag City fans have started on twitter? Apparently we're being handed the title by VAR. 😂😂😂

I would take United/Arsenal/Chelsea fans over City fans every day of the week. They’re so entitled and it’s infuriating