The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Cyodine
    2014 posts Fans' Favourite
    SDoofus wrote: »
    A few posts from Bluemoon below :D

They have played well but I can’t be happy them winning the title, they have had so many decisions go their way, whether it be free kicks that just aren’t freekicks that they equalise or win from them, and last minute penalties from blatant desperate dives.
    So it’s a no from me- it’s cheating from LFC & PL.

We have VAR now so we can see how much cheating is going on, so you can imagine it must’ve been going on back then.
    We waited 45 years to win anything at all and we have received no help whatsoever in 8 years of success.

I turned on the Dips match after 5 minutes or so, I saw Salah try and con a penalty out of the referee and I turned off. I know the Dip fans don't do embarrassed but **** me, you are top of the league, you are playing the bottom club and within 10 minutes you are cheating to try to win. The other joke was that he didn't get booked by the bent **** in the middle

same here ...saw that cheating **** throw himself to the ground then turned it off & took the dog out.....**** sickening....

I think it's more a case that the PL want LiVARpool to win the title more than us rather than LiVARpool wanting the League more.
    The PL stand to reap a whole lot more in overseas sales and sponsorship if the Dipper's win it than they would City winning 3 times in a row. Dominating the league is so unfashionable these days. Mind you, back in the 90's... different story.​

City definitely have the desire to win, but we've had the stuffing knocked out of us by clearly bent officiating in their favour. It is simply not a level playing field.

On 2 occasions, Premier League players unable to strike the ball properly or at all with the Dipper goal gaping. Something very suspicious happening here. Match fixing before our eyes.

Look at that line. He was clearly offside but the thick line and the behind the play angle tried to make it look close. Clearly offside and correctly disallowed.

That var offside is just to through everyone off the scent. We all know they are getting a helping hand

I believe the PL title was already decided by the PiGMOL lunatics before the season started. VAR has become an absolute joke as we all saw against the dippers. Comical is an understatement. They can analyse to the micron, Laporte handball, yet couldn’t see TAA handball, Salah offside or Sterling being shoved in the back by Mane among other things.
    We just need to win our own games now and hope Leicester can upset them.

The amount of delusion that some of them are under makes @Mike look normal. It's like they cannot accept that there is a better team out there that cost fractions of what their team cost. All of that oil drenched money must have rotted their brains out.
  • Tornado31619
    19004 posts World Class
    Tends to happen when you browse a forum dedicated to a specific club. Social media is a breeding place for utter tools.
  • Cyodine
    2014 posts Fans' Favourite
    World Class is a category that is hard to define. My opinion of a world class player is someone who is unique and obviously the best at what they do. There are not many players who are like Bobby Firmino, I can't think of any off the top of my head. The impact he has on the team is tremendous and cannot be replicated by just any player. Bobby simply makes the magic happen, not always in the form of goals or assist but how he links the team together and the work he does on and off the ball.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Cyodine wrote: »
    World Class is a category that is hard to define. My opinion of a world class player is someone who is unique and obviously the best at what they do. There are not many players who are like Bobby Firmino, I can't think of any off the top of my head. The impact he has on the team is tremendous and cannot be replicated by just any player. Bobby simply makes the magic happen, not always in the form of goals or assist but how he links the team together and the work he does on and off the ball.

Exactly.

The calls of inconsistency is so wide of the mark. The man is consistent as **** at what makes him world class.
  • Argie8
    6089 posts Big Money Move
    Imagine the only thing your fans have to argue about is whether one of your forwards is world class as you're European Champions and 10 points clear at the top of the league... :D

Klopp <3
  • Wyojasond
    12719 posts Has That Special Something
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Imagine the only thing your fans have to argue about is whether one of your forwards is world class as you're European Champions and 10 points clear at the top of the league... :D

Klopp <3

giphy.gif
  • wth22
    10872 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2019
    Just realized Leicester have Man City and Liverpool next 2... make or break. Could shorten the gap to 4 (but Liverpool will have a game in hand) if they win both, with Liverpool tired after sending their main team to Qatar and having the festive 3 fixtures in a week right after.

Or 15 if Liverpool win their game in hand and beat Leicester.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18703 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    Just realized Leicester have Man City and Liverpool next 2... make or break. Could shorten the gap to 4 (but Liverpool will have a game in hand) if they win both, with Liverpool tired after sending their main team to Qatar and having the festive 3 fixtures in a week right after.

If these next couple of game weeks go favourably for us (draw for City - Leicester and we beat Leicester) and it’s game over. Can’t see this side not winning the league from there.
  • Argie8

If these next couple of game weeks go favourably for us (draw for City - Leicester and we beat Leicester) and it’s game over. Can’t see this side not winning the league from there.

we are 17 points ahead of City. even with a game extra played thats just silly B)
  • Kman
    3070 posts National Call-Up

We should All just appreciate this incredible football club and the position we're currently in. I don't mean being top of the league and winning things, but as a whole how it's run and the direction we're heading.

Story time with Elpistolero91:
    As a 28 year old lad born and raised just a couple of miles from anfield here's my story. As a kid football was everythimg to me and being a footballler was all i wanted, nothing else. But a sudden medical condition snatched the dream away.

After hearing all the stories from my old man about the history of liverpool and successful years I was hooked. Any chance I got to go to melwood i would. So id convince my older sister to take me and wed stand there waiting for them to come out. Michael Owen, Danny Murphy, vegard heggam lol, Bjorn tore kvarme (he used to arrive at melwood in a black taxi haha). I had my yellow away shirt (1999 carlsberg Reebok) with Murphy printed on the back (My last name and it made sense cos of Danny Murphy) it was filled with autographs and I've got it to this day. I became very ill at this point and was in and out of hospital for the next few years. I'd see the players visit the hospital around Christmas time and was sad that I wasn't on the ward at the time they visited. (Sounds terrible I know).

Fast forward some years just starting secondary school, I was alot healthier so continued to chase my dream. I was an aspiring footballer in high school (as im sure most young lads were) and finally thought this was my chance. I lived and breathed football and the school i attended had produced some pro athletes and famous footballers (the rooneys for example). It was tough, there was so many talented kids who would go on to make it professionally.

Fast forward some years and my health had yet again set me back from progressing in numerous careers in college etc. I was a shared season ticket holder at this point, in the terrible times of hicks and gilett. It was depressing and I ended up losing interest. I learned alot from those years, and my older brother was a big part f that. If Liverpool lost, my week was ruined. He basically taught me not to let the outcome of a football match ruin your day or effect your mood. Which is 100%. Correct of course.

Jump ahead to now. Klopp arrives and my interest is suddenly reignited. And now here i am witnessing what I had always sought after. Seeing Liverpool be successful and I'm just enjoying all of it. I'm enjoying the ride, like we all should. Just disregard the faux hate, online rivalries etc. Because at the end of the day nobody really cares, they might come cross like they do in their comments but they don't, it's banter and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'd love to hear some stories about how or when you starting supporting this club. Positive vibes lads. What a effing team we are witnessing :smile:

LIVERPOOL TOP OF THE LEAGUE
    LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL TOP OF THE LEAGUE :smile:

Sooo you stopped watching when they were losing/not very good but back after Klopp turned things round?
  • Flapjack
    7044 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019

See, I don't agree with that. The spacing of the games is exactly the same - except swap our cup game vs Villa and Prem game vs West Ham with games vs Monterrey and whoever we get in the final if we make it. So you could argue we got less demanding fixtures. Plus its in Qatar. The weather there is glorious this time of year especially compared to England's.

If anything, Leicester will probably be the ones most affected - their squads not as good and they play Everton in the cup, then City, then us. They also play West Ham just 2 days after our game,and City play 3 games in 6 days whereas we get actually 3 days of recovery between our fixtures.

So this notion of tiredness is a bit of a dud argument as it affects everyone equally. What I would say though is our injuries to defensive players have really piled up and we are thin on the ground at the back. VVD has played a lot of games and could do with a break. I honestly think Klopp will play a B team vs Monterrey in the first game.
  • Pietu
    4722 posts National Call-Up
    Kman wrote: »
    We should All just appreciate this incredible football club and the position we're currently in. I don't mean being top of the league and winning things, but as a whole how it's run and the direction we're heading.

As a 28 year old lad born and raised just a couple of miles from anfield here's my story. As a kid football was everythimg to me and being a footballler was all i wanted, nothing else. But a sudden medical condition snatched the dream away.

After hearing all the stories from my old man about the history of liverpool and successful years I was hooked. Any chance I got to go to melwood i would. So id convince my older sister to take me and wed stand there waiting for them to come out. Michael Owen, Danny Murphy, vegard heggam lol, Bjorn tore kvarme (he used to arrive at melwood in a black taxi haha). I had my yellow away shirt (1999 carlsberg Reebok) with Murphy printed on the back (My last name and it made sense cos of Danny Murphy) it was filled with autographs and I've got it to this day. I became very ill at this point and was in and out of hospital for the next few years. I'd see the players visit the hospital around Christmas time and was sad that I wasn't on the ward at the time they visited. (Sounds terrible I know).

Fast forward some years just starting secondary school, I was alot healthier so continued to chase my dream. I was an aspiring footballer in high school (as im sure most young lads were) and finally thought this was my chance. I lived and breathed football and the school i attended had produced some pro athletes and famous footballers (the rooneys for example). It was tough, there was so many talented kids who would go on to make it professionally.

Fast forward some years and my health had yet again set me back from progressing in numerous careers in college etc. I was a shared season ticket holder at this point, in the terrible times of hicks and gilett. It was depressing and I ended up losing interest. I learned alot from those years, and my older brother was a big part f that. If Liverpool lost, my week was ruined. He basically taught me not to let the outcome of a football match ruin your day or effect your mood. Which is 100%. Correct of course.

Jump ahead to now. Klopp arrives and my interest is suddenly reignited. And now here i am witnessing what I had always sought after. Seeing Liverpool be successful and I'm just enjoying all of it. I'm enjoying the ride, like we all should. Just disregard the faux hate, online rivalries etc. Because at the end of the day nobody really cares, they might come cross like they do in their comments but they don't, it's banter and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'd love to hear some stories about how or when you starting supporting this club. Positive vibes lads. What a effing team we are witnessing :smile:

Sooo you stopped watching when they were losing/not very good but back after Klopp turned things round?

Not back when Klopp has turned things around. Back when Klopp came. He lost interest because he had his own personal problems with health, you can’t say that's wrong. Your own health should be ahead of anything.
  • ViVaWhom
    8401 posts League Winner
    Flapjack wrote: »

. The weather there is glorious this time of year especially compared to England's.

it may be warmer but its raining there you know
  • Flapjack
    7044 posts Big Money Move
    They have played well but I can’t be happy them winning the title, they have had so many decisions go their way, whether it be free kicks that just aren’t freekicks that they equalise or win from them, and last minute penalties from blatant desperate dives.

We have VAR now so we can see how much cheating is going on, so you can imagine it must’ve been going on back then.
    We waited 45 years to win anything at all and we have received no help whatsoever in 8 years of success.

I turned on the Dips match after 5 minutes or so, I saw Salah try and con a penalty out of the referee and I turned off. I know the Dip fans don't do embarrassed but **** me, you are top of the league, you are playing the bottom club and within 10 minutes you are cheating to try to win. The other joke was that he didn't get booked by the bent **** in the middle

same here ...saw that cheating **** throw himself to the ground then turned it off & took the dog out.....**** sickening....

I think it's more a case that the PL want LiVARpool to win the title more than us rather than LiVARpool wanting the League more.
    The PL stand to reap a whole lot more in overseas sales and sponsorship if the Dipper's win it than they would City winning 3 times in a row. Dominating the league is so unfashionable these days. Mind you, back in the 90's... different story.​

City definitely have the desire to win, but we've had the stuffing knocked out of us by clearly bent officiating in their favour. It is simply not a level playing field.

On 2 occasions, Premier League players unable to strike the ball properly or at all with the Dipper goal gaping. Something very suspicious happening here. Match fixing before our eyes.

Look at that line. He was clearly offside but the thick line and the behind the play angle tried to make it look close. Clearly offside and correctly disallowed.

That var offside is just to through everyone off the scent. We all know they are getting a helping hand

I believe the PL title was already decided by the PiGMOL lunatics before the season started. VAR has become an absolute joke as we all saw against the dippers. Comical is an understatement. They can analyse to the micron, Laporte handball, yet couldn’t see TAA handball, Salah offside or Sterling being shoved in the back by Mane among other things.

Bluemoon is a cesspit. Most fan forums are bad but they take the cake. They make redcafe and RAWK look progressive. You can clearly tell apart those who started supporting City pre and post Mansour/Pep.

They are desperate for a rivalry like the one we have with United but its just so forced and one sided. I never see Liverpool/United fans talking about City they way they do about the others and with the amount they've won and how good their team are, its weird how much of an inferiority complex they still have. Its scary how most of them really buy into the whole theory that Scudamore doesn't want them winning any more titles and so brought in VAR to help Liverpool and UEFA don't want them winning the CL either lmao.

Anyways, Id like to think thats a minority as theres some pretty solid City fans i know irl.
  • Pietu

See, I don't agree with that. The spacing of the games is exactly the same - except swap our cup game vs Villa and Prem game vs West Ham with games vs Monterrey and whoever we get in the final if we make it. So you could argue we got less demanding fixtures. Plus its in Qatar. The weather there is glorious this time of year especially compared to England's.

If anything, Leicester will probably be the ones most affected - their squads not as good and they play Everton in the cup, then City, then us. They also play West Ham just 2 days after our game,and City play 3 games in 6 days whereas we get actually 3 days of recovery between our fixtures.

So this notion of tiredness is a bit of a dud argument as it affects everyone equally. What I would say though is our injuries to defensive players have really piled up and we are thin on the ground at the back. VVD has played a lot of games and could do with a break. I honestly think Klopp will play a B team vs Monterrey in the first game.

The weather at Qatar, considering the time of the year is absolutely ****, no way would I wanted to be in Qatar at this time of the year. Give me rain all day every day even on christmas day over 25 degrees celsius in Qatar. Winter is supposed to be cold and snowy and that's so much better than any other winter weather.
  • SDoofus

Bluemoon is a cesspit. Most fan forums are bad but they take the cake. They make redcafe and RAWK look progressive. You can clearly tell apart those who started supporting City pre and post Mansour/Pep.

They are desperate for a rivalry like the one we have with United but its just so forced and one sided. I never see Liverpool/United fans talking about City they way they do about the others and with the amount they've won and how good their team are, its weird how much of an inferiority complex they still have. Its scary how most of them really buy into the whole theory that Scudamore doesn't want them winning any more titles and so brought in VAR to help Liverpool and UEFA don't want them winning the CL either lmao.

Anyways, Id like to think thats a minority as theres some pretty solid City fans i know irl.

Another cracker this morning:

Must be a great feeling running out onto the pitch knowing no matter how **** you may play you will not lose..!

Bailed out time and again by unbelievably dodgy decisions..

Struggling to beat your main rivals at home, here have a late a penalty against Spuds and Leicester..

Just tell Mange or Salad to fall over if anyone so much as breathes on them and the ref will give it before they hit the deck..

Playing the Champions at home, don't worry, even if Terrace Trent Derby wants to change sport in the middle of the match and play basketball in the area, no penalty / sending off will be given

The Egyptian Diver being offside when he scores.. no problem, we won't **** about with VAR drawing lines, we'll just give it..!!

All this love in about them being wonderful is a bit nauseating to be honest..

We can all look good if we're not allowed to lose...

30 fkin years and they can only win it now by cheating..

Must make all the Dipper fans feel proud of their achievements..!
  • Pietu
    SDoofus wrote: »

Another cracker this morning:

Must be a great feeling running out onto the pitch knowing no matter how **** you may play you will not lose..!

Bailed out time and again by unbelievably dodgy decisions..

Struggling to beat your main rivals at home, here have a late a penalty against Spuds and Leicester..

Just tell Mange or Salad to fall over if anyone so much as breathes on them and the ref will give it before they hit the deck..

Playing the Champions at home, don't worry, even if Terrace Trent Derby wants to change sport in the middle of the match and play basketball in the area, no penalty / sending off will be given

The Egyptian Diver being offside when he scores.. no problem, we won't **** about with VAR drawing lines, we'll just give it..!!

All this love in about them being wonderful is a bit nauseating to be honest..

We can all look good if we're not allowed to lose...

30 fkin years and they can only win it now by cheating..

Must make all the Dipper fans feel proud of their achievements..!

Glad I don’t know any people like that. How can they be so deluded, they need help
  • tilen11
    5695 posts Big Money Move
    Another day when angry, old and bitter men got together to share their delusions.
  • We should All just appreciate this incredible football club and the position we're currently in. I don't mean being top of the league and winning things, but as a whole how it's run and the direction we're heading.

Thanks for sharing. First match I remember watching on tv was when Liverpool won the European Cup and Grobbelaar did the "spaghetti legs" during the penalty shootout (Yes I'm that old :joy). I was 5 or 6 years old then.

I've seen the glory 80s and ups and downs in the 90s with Souness destroying Liverpool selling all my favourite players and buying Walters, Kozma, Piechnik and similar. It's been almost 30 years since I last experienced Liverpool win the league.

I can say one thing. They way Liverpool plays now, the way the club is run and having Klopp as a manager, it really warms my heart.

Can't wait to see what the future brings. :)
  • Pietu
  • Pietu
    Throwback to this absolute monstrosity of a tweet.

Atleast they both can share hands to the "we bottled it" trophy
  • tilen11
    5695 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »

Seen it now. Apologies
  • Pietu
    tilen11 wrote: »
    tilen11 wrote: »

Did you see my message a day or 2 ago? tilen11

Seen it now. Apologies

No need to apologise mate
  • Tornado31619
    19004 posts World Class

He looks like a lost fan :lol:
  • Argie8
    I genuinely think Salah is one of our most underrated players nowadays. He's our top scorer, highest assister, but I don't hear anyone talking about him :/
  • SDoofus
    Argie8 wrote: »
    I genuinely think Salah is one of our most underrated players nowadays. He's our top scorer, highest assister, but I don't hear anyone talking about him :/

Victim of his own success. 2 golden boots in a row and will probably get another this season.