The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    ELBYs6VXsAIjQ8U?format=png&name=small
  • LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    ELBYs6VXsAIjQ8U?format=png&name=small

Just wait till our luck runs out tho...
  • El_Nino
    4086 posts National Call-Up
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Just watching MOTD, how on Earth did Mane not get a hatrick? He was sublime first half, but those second half misses were something else 😂

@Doofus your right, it did look like you got off lightly as far as the reffing was concerned

In fact incredibly lightly, should have been 2-2 and VVD off, and missing for 3 games
  • SDoofus
    Just watching MOTD, how on Earth did Mane not get a hatrick? He was sublime first half, but those second half misses were something else 😂

@Doofus your right, it did look like you got off lightly as far as the reffing was concerned

In fact incredibly lightly, should have been 2-2 and VVD off, and missing for 3 games

I know, yet this is the game @wth22 doesn't come in here shouting about VAR, lmao.
  • El_Nino

I know, yet this is the game @wth22 doesn't come in here shouting about VAR, lmao.

Your right, it is a weird game for the Pool haters not to be out in force 😂
  • Snugglebites
    1375 posts Professional
    Roberton's been acting like a Richard Cranium these past few weeks. Needs to cut it out.
  • Wyojasond
    12585 posts Has That Special Something
    It was just a physical derby that I feel like the ref let a lot go. I didn’t see most of the game, so I can’t say for sure but the bits I did see, it was players all over each other and breaking into every tackle they could. Never easy to call a game like that, so just let them go at it I say 🤷‍♂️
  • LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class
    Roberton's been acting like a Richard Cranium these past few weeks. Needs to cut it out.

I know it was wrong but I did find it funny when Davies squared up to him and he just laughed
  • Pugzilla
    16906 posts World Class
    OMG it was filthier than I thought on Tv. I couldnt make out what he was doing to get that much space then the no look pass for the assist. Holy moly we were in the mood yesterday.

• LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class
    Firmino is filthy. This year alone you could make a youtube comp as good as anyone for the skills
  • Pietu
    4458 posts National Call-Up
    Tomorrow is Finland's independence day! I'll be going away for the weekend so might miss the match.
  • Pietu
    4458 posts National Call-Up
  • LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class
    Isn’t Sancho with Nike?

I’m actually getting excited lol
  • Flapjack
    7029 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »
    i hope we can officially put to bed the idea that we're nothing without Firmino now...not that that was ever true

Our bench players are not City level, but I think even we underrate them tbh

Origi obviously has already produced some of the clutchest moments in our recent history and is definitely a cult hero already. He was our top joint scorer in Klopps first season and seems to be getting back to those levels of goal scoring.

And Milner is just Mr Reliable. Most assists in a CL campaign ever and is usually a 7/10 every time he plays. No fuss.

Shaq has been very good every time hes played and is unlucky to have Salah ahead of him. Got 6 goals and 5 assists from 13 starts last season, was the assister for the late win vs Newcastle and the comeback vs Barcelona and its almost a shame we havent seen more of him but hes back and doesnt look one bit out of place.

Lallana - Im still not sure on the DM role but he was our best midfielder in the early Klopp days and runs himself to the ground for the team.

Adrians already another cult hero and been really solid as backup GK

Lovren could be much better but hes doing a good job whilst Matip is out. You wont get many better 4th choices.

Ox is a really good option to have with his goals from midfield.

Naby has been poor, mostly of late with all the injuries, but you look at some of his games vs Bournemouth and Burnley and if he can get a run he'll definitely be a great option in midfield

Gomez was actually our best CB at the start of last season before he got injured. His early partnership with VVD was incredible and he just needs to rediscover his form.

And the biggest thing about the subs is even if their quality is not on par with the first team, they all seem ready to fight and at the very least, work as hard for the team. No egos or sulking from anyone. They just seem happy to play for Klopp.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class
    Klopps man management has to be up there with the best ever. Shaqiri hadn’t started a game for 7 months until Wednesday night yet in his interview after the game he was talking about how great ‘we’ have been all season and how happy he is to be a part of such a good group.

Lallana similarly, he was definitely the one to initiate the press the other night which worked well. The front three almost let Everton get it to the midfield then Lallana would start the press and the front 3 would run from behind to help knick the ball. Hadn’t seen us do it like that so was good to see. Back on Lallana tho I barely notice him walking ever. Always jogging/running. And he can find that space/pick a pass which is very helpful considering Naby’s injuries.

Obviously our bench doesn’t stack up to City’s but it’s still got a lot of quality on it. Need a goal? Origi, Ox, Shaq and evening Lallana are good options. If we want to grind out a win bring on Gomez/Milner for one of the front 3.

Milner coming on reminds me of Mikel for Chelsea under Mourinho. If Chelsea were 1-0 up and Mikel was coming on you knew it was going to finish 1-0 Chelsea.
  • Flapjack
    Pietu wrote: »

Really Cool interview.

Mostly speculative as you'd expect but I like the idea of adding someone in January. This might just be the clearest shot at the title ever and if we can get a quality addition in Jan, that could just get us over the line.

Sounds like there is actually some truth in the Sancho deal after all with Nike wanting a statement signing and all the rumors coming out atm.

Seems like Lallana and Lovren are definitely off in the summer as well. Said Shaqiri might go too. Theyll get everyone's blessing if as Maddock says, Aouar and Sancho are potential replacements as well as a new CB.
  • Flapjack
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Alisson
    TAA Gomez VVD Robbo
    Ox Hendo Keita
    Salah Bobby Origi

For Bournemouth, rest the midfield and attack (bar big ****)

Id still start Mane tbh. He's our most important attacking player atm.

I think he should play the next 3 games leading up to the CWC and then can be left out for the opening game.

Also hope Keita plays but I get the feeling he wont tbh,
  • Flapjack
    Klopps man management has to be up there with the best ever. Shaqiri hadn’t started a game for 7 months until Wednesday night yet in his interview after the game he was talking about how great ‘we’ have been all season and how happy he is to be a part of such a good group.

Lallana similarly, he was definitely the one to initiate the press the other night which worked well. The front three almost let Everton get it to the midfield then Lallana would start the press and the front 3 would run from behind to help knick the ball. Hadn’t seen us do it like that so was good to see. Back on Lallana tho I barely notice him walking ever. Always jogging/running. And he can find that space/pick a pass which is very helpful considering Naby’s injuries.

Obviously our bench doesn’t stack up to City’s but it’s still got a lot of quality on it. Need a goal? Origi, Ox, Shaq and evening Lallana are good options. If we want to grind out a win bring on Gomez/Milner for one of the front 3.

Milner coming on reminds me of Mikel for Chelsea under Mourinho. If Chelsea were 1-0 up and Mikel was coming on you knew it was going to finish 1-0 Chelsea.

Yea, if we had one of those hexagonal graphs to rate a manager's skills, Klopp would probably max out on man management. Dont think Ive ever heard a player say a bad word about him.
  • Pxul_
    8544 posts League Winner
    Flapjack wrote: »

Yea, if we had one of those hexagonal graphs to rate a manager's skills, Klopp would probably max out on man management. Dont think Ive ever heard a player say a bad word about him.

Obvs didn’t read anything Moreno said then have you😏
  • LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class

Moreno and his opinions are irrelevant. I’m sure he’s happy enough with his champions league medal. Doubt many Sunday league quality players have one
  • Flapjack

I must’ve missed that lol. What did he say?
  • Pxul_
    8544 posts League Winner

I must’ve missed that lol. What did he say?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2812599-alberto-moreno-says-jurgen-klopp-hasnt-treated-him-fairly-at-liverpool.amp.html

Moreno and his opinions are irrelevant. I’m sure he’s happy enough with his champions league medal. Doubt many Sunday league quality players have one

Oh I know he was absolutely shocking tbf glad he’s gone now😂
  • El_Nino
    Do you guys seriously want to drop 120-150 million on Sancho? Like you’ve just seen that Origi and Shaq provide very capable back up, you’ve got youngsters coming through too.

Surely a priority would be replacing Lovren/pushing Matip to third choice, replacing Keita, or just getting a more creative option at CM?

I get he’s a high profile player, but if I were a Liverpool fan I really wouldn’t want money spent on him tbh
  • SDoofus
    We reached a CL final in 2017/18 and finished top 4, then in 2018/19 we won the CL and finished 2nd with 97 points. We currently have 14 wins from 15 games in the PL this season, with 1 draw.

Our squad is obviously good.

Rival fans all over the place keep perpetuating this myth that we remain injury free 24/7 so our depth hasn't been tested. Especially City fans.

Injures to Ox, Keita, Alisson, Shaqiri, Matip, Salah and now even Fabinho just get quietly brushed under the carpet for some reason, or flat out aren't mentioned at all.

Our squad isn't as good as City's, but it isn't as far off as people make it out to be, especially when you consider that some of their bigger players are on the wrong side of 30 now.

Plus we have the better manager, so that evens it up a bit.
  • Pxul_
    8544 posts League Winner
    I’d much prefer us to sign another CM and a CB before another forward (unless one of the front 3 leave).

However, he might be a bargain if we can get him for 70 + add ins.
  • Kellnerr
    2948 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do you guys seriously want to drop 120-150 million on Sancho? Like you’ve just seen that Origi and Shaq provide very capable back up, you’ve got youngsters coming through too.

Surely a priority would be replacing Lovren/pushing Matip to third choice, replacing Keita, or just getting a more creative option at CM?

I get he’s a high profile player, but if I were a Liverpool fan I really wouldn’t want money spent on him tbh

Money shouldn't be an issue since we didn't spend last summer, our net spend isn't a problem either and Nike brings us a really big deal and most likely even want a big money signing.
    We are an English club and he's the biggest English talent, definitely should take him. Would offer us so many more options in attack/formation aswell.

If Matip is back to his old form after his injury we don't need to replace him. CB quality & depth is great for us in general.
    Keita doesn't need replacing since he doesn't really have a place in the team (yet). If he can get a run of a couple of games (hopefully soon, now over the festive period maybe) he might even solve our 'problems' in CM. If not, a good new option at CM would be great though, you are right there.
  • SDoofus

I think it is possible that the Club sense that they're in a position now to become a proper, proper powerhouse and dominate Europe for the foreseeable future.

The Nike deal is massive. Sancho would be a massive statement of intent. I'd much prefer Mbappe, but that looks unlikely, whereas Sancho is beginning to look likely, if we are to judge Klopp's words on the both of them (he's outright ruled out Mbappe, saying we don't have that kind of money, but with Sancho, he's talked him up and remained very coy about it).

As for what he'll bring to the team, I think it would be a very good signing. He would bring elite dribbling into our wings, which is a different threat to what Salah and Mane produce, and it would enable us to actually rotate Salah/Mane/Sancho constantly, thus keeping them all fresh and dangerous and hungry. Mane in particular has been run into the ground. The man only had 2 weeks off in the summer.

The thought of TAA and Sancho down the right of this Liverpool team is just... beyond words. I am desperate to see it.
  • El_Nino

I think it is possible that the Club sense that they're in a position now to become a proper, proper powerhouse and dominate Europe for the foreseeable future.

The Nike deal is massive. Sancho would be a massive statement of intent. I'd much prefer Mbappe, but that looks unlikely, whereas Sancho is beginning to look likely, if we are to judge Klopp's words on the both of them (he's outright ruled out Mbappe, saying we don't have that kind of money, but with Sancho, he's talked him up and remained very coy about it).

As for what he'll bring to the team, I think it would be a very good signing. He would bring elite dribbling into our wings, which is a different threat to what Salah and Mane produce, and it would enable us to actually rotate Salah/Mane/Sancho constantly, thus keeping them all fresh and dangerous and hungry. Mane in particular has been run into the ground. The man only had 2 weeks off in the summer.

The thought of TAA and Sancho down the right of this Liverpool team is just... beyond words. I am desperate to see it.

I disagree with none of that, but you haven’t answered my question, surely with Origi and Shaq already as back up a creative CM and top quality CB would be better?

@Kellnerr i think your being a little optimistic with Keita/Matip, I’m not doubting there ability so much as there injury record, I don’t think Keita will ever make it tbh, and I think Matip is way more suited as CB cover rather than your starting option imo.

I doubt you’d have money/could stay in FFP if you spend 120+ mill on Sancho and attempt to fill then positions I’ve said.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not doubting Liverpool’s team, but everyone can improve, and to me it looks like 120+ on Sancho isn’t the most efficient way for you to improve as a team
  • SDoofus
    edited December 2019

I disagree with none of that, but you haven’t answered my question, surely with Origi and Shaq already as back up a creative CM and top quality CB would be better?

@Kellnerr i think your being a little optimistic with Keita/Matip, I’m not doubting there ability so much as there injury record, I don’t think Keita will ever make it tbh, and I think Matip is way more suited as CB cover rather than your starting option imo.

I doubt you’d have money/could stay in FFP if you spend 120+ mill on Sancho and attempt to fill then positions I’ve said.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not doubting Liverpool’s team, but everyone can improve, and to me it looks like 120+ on Sancho isn’t the most efficient way for you to improve as a team

Our central midfield and CB are the last areas which need improvement, tbh, they are both stacked.

VVD, Matip, Gomez and Lovren. You won't find a better collection of 4 CBs in Europe, imo, aside from perhaps Juventus.

Fabinho, Henderson, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Milner. Also the way we play, a creative CM would be wasted.

If you wanted to argue that we'd be better off making a signing elsewhere, instead of Sancho, then I would say it's the fullbacks.
  • Flapjack
    Well, firstly I dont think Sancho would cost that much tbh. That price tag is there to throw off potential suitors but if a deal is actually gonna take place Id like to think itd be closer to under 100 than over it.

Secondly, like Maddock seems to suggest we could be losing a couple squad players in the summer. Lallana, Shaqiri and Lovren were mentioned. You could say Sancho coming in would just be a more frequent sub/rotated starter than Shaq and Aouar, if we got him, but would be similar to Lallana - basically replacing depth with more reliable players.

Origi is Bobbys back up so we could use cover on the wings.

Whatever the case Ive said the club/Klopp have earned the right to make whatever decisions they deem fit in the window. Most fans were up in arms when we didnt sign anyone in the summer yet we're 8 clear at the top of the league. There were people raging when Pepe joined Arsenal. If they think Sancho is worth 120m, then he is. If not, then he isnt.