Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    18189 posts World Class
    1st. Mane - First major signing under Klopp, was phenomenal in his first season and basically got us Champo that year on his own. Ranking him top because of that and without him none of the rest would have happened. Snowball effect and all that

2nd. VVD - first defender to win POTY since Terry in 05 and is in the running for Balon D’or while the aliens (Messi and Ron) are still about. Need I say more?

3. Salah - broke the premier league scoring record in his first season at a new club while playing the vast majority out wide, was also the best player in the Champo that year I don’t care what anyone says.

4. Robbo - him and Alisson are extremely close but considering he cost about 1/8 of what Ali did I’ve put Robbo higher in the list. Always looked good In a bad Hull team and has come on leaps and bounds, workhorse with the crossing ability to match his desire, working class hero

5. Alisson - short and sweet. He’s world class. Our previous keepers definitely were not. Plus he’s a funny guy

6. Fabinho - I love this dude, absolute machine in the middle. Best CDM in the world atm. Passing, vision, tackles, physical presence. Just ticks every box for the type of CDM we need.

7. Wijnaldum - the one player I never understood why our fan base criticised so much. Always gives 110% and just has that knack of popping up when needed. His first season I think it was he scored the winner vs city, equaliser vs Chelsea, scored the goal that got us champions league football. Overall just an under appreciated player. And who can forget that Tuesday night against Barca in June.

8. Matip - feels harsh having him so low. But he did take a while to shake off some recurring injuries. 2019 has been a breakout year for him. Seems to work with VVD and formed a great partnership

9. Ox - again feels bad putting him so low because he is a brilliant player with so much to offer, a very unique CM in terms of work rate, power, pace, and of course that ability to smash one from range like it’s nothing.

10. Shaqiri - a luxury player if you like, brilliant to have on the bench if you need a spark (United last season), obvs doesn’t have the work rate Klopp demands but I like how he doesn’t make a big deal even if he isn’t happy and will give another dimension to our attack if needed.

11. Adrian - probably didn’t expect to play a game (bar the cups maybe) but came in for Alisson, won all 8 league games he played, made a mistake or two but also some world class saves (the one from Mertens was unbelievable). Overall, can’t complain at all about him, upgrade on Migs and he can actually kick a ball straight.

12. Keita - now the sad one, so much talent but Jesus he really is made of glass. Shown flashes of brilliance but just hasn’t been available enough. Still love him and hope he can get rid of the injuries and come good in time.

Didn’t put Trent in as it isn’t really fair. But he’s my favourite player. World class RB who will go on to become a club legend I have no doubt.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18189 posts World Class
    I don’t think I wrote that much for my English GCSE lmao. Could have expanded more but I think I covered it well and have enough of an opinion :D fun idea. Enjoyed it
  • Pxul_
    8226 posts League Winner
    1st. Mane - First major signing under Klopp, was phenomenal in his first season and basically got us Champo that year on his own. Ranking him top because of that and without him none of the rest would have happened. Snowball effect and all that

2nd. VVD - first defender to win POTY since Terry in 05 and is in the running for Balon D’or while the aliens (Messi and Ron) are still about. Need I say more?

3. Salah - broke the premier league scoring record in his first season at a new club while playing the vast majority out wide, was also the best player in the Champo that year I don’t care what anyone says.

4. Robbo - him and Alisson are extremely close but considering he cost about 1/8 of what Ali did I’ve put Robbo higher in the list. Always looked good In a bad Hull team and has come on leaps and bounds, workhorse with the crossing ability to match his desire, working class hero

5. Alisson - short and sweet. He’s world class. Our previous keepers definitely were not. Plus he’s a funny guy

6. Fabinho - I love this dude, absolute machine in the middle. Best CDM in the world atm. Passing, vision, tackles, physical presence. Just ticks every box for the type of CDM we need.

7. Wijnaldum - the one player I never understood why our fan base criticised so much. Always gives 110% and just has that knack of popping up when needed. His first season I think it was he scored the winner vs city, equaliser vs Chelsea, scored the goal that got us champions league football. Overall just an under appreciated player. And who can forget that Tuesday night against Barca in June.

8. Matip - feels harsh having him so low. But he did take a while to shake off some recurring injuries. 2019 has been a breakout year for him. Seems to work with VVD and formed a great partnership

9. Ox - again feels bad putting him so low because he is a brilliant player with so much to offer, a very unique CM in terms of work rate, power, pace, and of course that ability to smash one from range like it’s nothing.

10. Shaqiri - a luxury player if you like, brilliant to have on the bench if you need a spark (United last season), obvs doesn’t have the work rate Klopp demands but I like how he doesn’t make a big deal even if he isn’t happy and will give another dimension to our attack if needed.

11. Adrian - probably didn’t expect to play a game (bar the cups maybe) but came in for Alisson, won all 8 league games he played, made a mistake or two but also some world class saves (the one from Mertens was unbelievable). Overall, can’t complain at all about him, upgrade on Migs and he can actually kick a ball straight.

12. Keita - now the sad one, so much talent but Jesus he really is made of glass. Shown flashes of brilliance but just hasn’t been available enough. Still love him and hope he can get rid of the injuries and come good in time.

Didn’t put Trent in as it isn’t really fair. But he’s my favourite player. World class RB who will go on to become a club legend I have no doubt.

Good structure valid points, however could’ve went in to further detail... 10/12
  • LFC Simon 98
    18189 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Good structure valid points, however could’ve went in to further detail... 10/12

Knew I should have centred it. Would have made it look better. Noted for future reference

Now let’s do the same thing with all Hodgson’s signings.....
  • El_Nino
    3915 posts National Call-Up
    How are people rating the best back up keeper in the league, who’s played and won 8 league games this year, that they got a free transfer... bottom?!?

Meanwhile Keita for 50mill is ahead of him?!

That’s baffling, Adrian was a fantastic free signing, you have to keep perspective, comments like calling him pointless are so so weird.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18189 posts World Class
    edited November 22
    El_Nino wrote: »
    How are people rating the best back up keeper in the league, who’s played and won 8 league games this year, that they got a free transfer... bottom?!?

That’s baffling, Adrian was a fantastic free signing, you have to keep perspective, comments like calling him pointless are so so weird.

Smart people like me didnt ;)

Tbf I can see the logic, if Alisson stays fit Adrian won’t play another game in either the prem or the Champo. But you do have to think we’d have been eff’d without him.

Thinking about it maybe I shoulda put him above Shaq
  • Keano
    14202 posts Has That Special Something

I'll prob get hate for saying this but...

Adrian isnt a big name, though he's done fantastic & should be higher...

the bit Pool fans mightnot like is that Keita for 50m has been woeful (Yes Fred has as well for us), but overall he's shown some quality, but not nearly enough for what was expected, so at the moment he's a... "what could be" player, rather than the player he was at Leipzig. Adrian is what you expect of him, but due to not being a big name signing, isn't as highly rated, or judging by some, not rated at all.
  • Kellnerr
    2833 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 22
    It's not like Adrian has been Klopp's worst signing. He's also signed the likes of Karius, Solanke, Grujic, Klavan, Manninger, Lonergan and they'd be ranked lower than Adrian. You could argue about Keita being a worse transfer than him though.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18189 posts World Class
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    It's not like Adrian has been Klopp's worst signing. He's also signed the likes of Karius, Solanke, Grujic, Klavan, Manninger, Lonergan and they'd be ranked lower than Adrian. You could argue about Keita being a worse transfer than him though.

Tbf to poor Andy Lonergan. I don’t think he ever expected to sign :D basically a publicity stunt
  • SDoofus
    6078 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 22
    Some very interesting lists.

VVD seems to be the clear winner. Alisson seems to be rated quite low in most.

Here's mine:

VVD - Our most expensive signing of the lot, which means he should be under the most scrutiny, yet he comes out of it smelling of roses and has since become widely known as probably the best CB in the game today. Crazy.

Salah - This was a hard one. Salah or Mane? It has been interesting to note that everyone has been putting Salah ahead of Mane, considering over the last season and a half, the narrative has shifted a little in general and people tend to believe Mane is the better player now. I had to put Salah in before Mane, mainly due to how his impact was sudden and devastating, compared to Mane's slow and steady rise.

Mane - See above

Alisson - This might be an unpopular one, judging by the lists that other people have come up with, but I do think Alisson is incredibly underrated and people seem to have forgotten what it was like not having a world class GK between the sticks. The team that started the CL final in Kiev consisted of effectively the same defenders we have now, but the game was thrown away by Karius. In hindsight, I believe that if we had Alisson in that game, we probably wouldn't have lost (and if Salah didn't get injured). He has come in and calmed the back line right down, giving them confidence that if they get beaten, there's still a monster behind them as the last line of defence.

Fabinho - Again, this might be unpopular, due to how good TAA and Robertson have been for us, but honestly, this man blows my mind every game, with how good he is. He has almost single-handedly transformed our midfield. Cool, calm and collected. I love him.

Robertson - I view him as almost identical to TAA in terms of where he should be on this list, but I am going to have to rate Robbo as the higher one, mainly due to the fact he is more balanced, whereas TAA is probably 60/40 in favour of attacking ability.

TAA - See above

Wijnaldum - Ever present and Mr Reliable. I wish he would carry his goal scoring form for the Netherlands into his Liverpool game, but understand that he has different roles for each time. Classy little player who always shines in the big games.

Oxlade-Chamberlain - I wasn't sure who to rank higher out of this guy or Matip, but I'm going to have to go with Oxlade-Chamberlain due to his role in the CL run during the 2017-18 season, and the fact he's come back from his injury with a bang, scoring a bunch of goals. Hope to see him back in the first team soon.

Matip - Very slow rise into our solid 2nd choice CB. Free as well, so great value, but just a little too injury prone to rank higher.

Adrian - Came in and did his job, contributing massively to our stunning start to the season. It isn't easy to replace Alisson, and although Adrian had a few dodgy moments, overall, he filled in nicely and we now have a very strong 2nd GK.

Keita - Sad that he's so low. I had such high hopes for him. Every time he plays, I really focus on him and he impresses me so much, but his injuries see him freefall down this list. I really, really hope he can turn it around, because on paper he is exactly what we need in CM.

Shaqiri - Doesn't seem to get much of a look in, which is a shame, because he looks good when he plays. He also keeps suffering from injuries, like Keita.
  • tilen11
    5539 posts Big Money Move
    Karius will be sold to Besiktas in January. Fee is 8m.

Edwards again with nice piece of bussiness.
  • Pxul_
    8226 posts League Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Some very interesting lists.

VVD seems to be the clear winner. Alisson seems to be rated quite low in most.

Here's mine:

VVD - Our most expensive signing of the lot, which means he should be under the most scrutiny, yet he comes out of it smelling of roses and has since become widely known as probably the best CB in the game today. Crazy.

Salah - This was a hard one. Salah or Mane? It has been interesting to note that everyone has been putting Salah ahead of Mane, considering over the last season and a half, the narrative has shifted a little in general and people tend to believe Mane is the better player now. I had to put Salah in before Mane, mainly due to how his impact was sudden and devastating, compared to Mane's slow and steady rise.

Mane - See above

Alisson - This might be an unpopular one, judging by the lists that other people have come up with, but I do think Alisson is incredibly underrated and people seem to have forgotten what it was like not having a world class GK between the sticks. The team that started the CL final in Kiev consisted of effectively the same defenders we have now, but the game was thrown away by Karius. In hindsight, I believe that if we had Alisson in that game, we probably wouldn't have lost (and if Salah didn't get injured). He has come in and calmed the back line right down, giving them confidence that if they get beaten, there's still a monster behind them as the last line of defence.

Fabinho - Again, this might be unpopular, due to how good TAA and Robertson have been for us, but honestly, this man blows my mind every game, with how good he is. He has almost single-handedly transformed our midfield. Cool, calm and collected. I love him.

Robertson - I view him as almost identical to TAA in terms of where he should be on this list, but I am going to have to rate Robbo as the higher one, mainly due to the fact he is more balanced, whereas TAA is probably 60/40 in favour of attacking ability.

TAA - See above

Wijnaldum - Ever present and Mr Reliable. I wish he would carry his goal scoring form for the Netherlands into his Liverpool game, but understand that he has different roles for each time. Classy little player who always shines in the big games.

Oxlade-Chamberlain - I wasn't sure who to rank higher out of this guy or Matip, but I'm going to have to go with Oxlade-Chamberlain due to his role in the CL run during the 2017-18 season, and the fact he's come back from his injury with a bang, scoring a bunch of goals. Hope to see him back in the first team soon.

Matip - Very slow rise into our solid 2nd choice CB. Free as well, so great value, but just a little too injury prone to rank higher.

Adrian - Came in and did his job, contributing massively to our stunning start to the season. It isn't easy to replace Alisson, and although Adrian had a few dodgy moments, overall, he filled in nicely and we now have a very strong 2nd GK.

Keita - Sad that he's so low. I had such high hopes for him. Every time he plays, I really focus on him and he impresses me so much, but his injuries see him freefall down this list. I really, really hope he can turn it around, because on paper he is exactly what we need in CM.

Shaqiri - Doesn't seem to get much of a look in, which is a shame, because he looks good when he plays. He also keeps suffering from injuries, like Keita.

Didn’t quite put enough effort in for TAA and Mane ;)

11/12
  • Ahmer50x
    19919 posts World Class

Sergio Romero hasn't played a league game this season?
  • tilen11
    5539 posts Big Money Move
    And mine.

Van Dijk- Pretty self-explanatory why he is the best signing. Guy transformed our defense from bang average to amazing.

Alisson- Why Ive put him infront of 2 world class attackers? Because he is what Liverpool never had and thats a great goalkeeper. Ever since Reina we didnt have a decent goalkeeper (even though Reina made me cry numerous times) and Alisson changed that. World class player.

Mane- The beginning of Liverpools tranformation under Klopp. Made an instant impact in our team and single handedly won us games.

Salah- In his first season he managed to brake the scoring record. Ill just leave it at that.

Robertson- We never had exceptional full backs and Robertson became one of the best in the world. Under Klopp he evolved and will only get better.

TAA- For the same reason as Robbo. We always lacked great full backs and now we have 2 of the best.

Wijnaldum- He gives a 100% every game, is reliable, knows what to do with the ball and is just so comfortable on it. Doesnt score bangers regularly as he does for the NT but he accepted his role and delivers what is needed from him.

Fabinho- He is MIDFIELD.

Ox- Would be higher if he wouldnt be injured. Its a shame but since his return hes been brilliant and back to his old self. Imo even better than before the injury.

Matip- Started as a backup, made it to the first team. He progressed nicely and became a very solid CB for us and he was free.

Keita- I feel sorry for him because of the injuries. Poor guy just couldnt take a break. When he is healthy and he as been now for a while he is great. Technical, great vision and passing, knows how to attack and is a very solid defender.

Shaqiri- I have 0 clue why he was bought since he doesnt play even when he is healthy. However he scored 2 against United. Nuff said.

Adrian- Stepped up when we needed him and Im glad we have a decent goalkeeper as a backup. We never had a luxury like that.

• ha032742
    35462 posts Moderator
    edited November 22
    Hi, I’ve removed a number of posts from the thread to tidy it up and any appropriate action will be taken in due course once they have been reviewed. Thank you for reporting any posts that break the forum rules.
    Post edited by ha032742 on
  • Apollo
    16233 posts World Class
    edited November 22
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Hi, I’ve removed a number of posts from the thread to tidy it up and any appropriate action will be taken in due course once they have been reviewed. Thank you for reporting any posts that break the forum rules.

Can you deal with the United thread from yesterday as well? It's for the same reason, it's where the racist 'joke' post was made originally

@ha032742
  • Apollo
    16233 posts World Class
    edited November 22
    Do tags work if you have to edit them in after? Or do they only give notifications if they're in the original post

May as well test it: @Pietu
  • Pietu
    3358 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    Do tags work if you have to edit them in after? Or do they only give notifications if they're in the original post

I didn't get a notification @Apollo
  • Apollo
    16233 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »

I didn't get a notification @Apollo

I didn't think so, thanks.
  • Apollo
    16233 posts World Class
    ha032742 wrote: »

Can you deal with the United thread from yesterday as well? It's for the same reason, it's where the racist 'joke' post was made originally

@ha032742

As tags don't work when edited in, @ha032742
  • Salah could do with having a blow anyway tbf. He's been pretty poor in his decision making too often this season. Chill the eff out mo and have a go at putting your right foot through it now and again. Ox to start and wreak havoc, Bobby masterclass and big divock grabs a goal. 3-1 Liverpool win.
  • wth22
    10511 posts Has That Special Something

Liverpool fans inventing new stats to peddle their agendas :lol:
  • SDoofus
    6078 posts Big Money Move
    wth22 wrote: »

Liverpool fans inventing new stats to peddle their agendas :lol:

He’s not wrong, though. That’s incredibly impressive.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18189 posts World Class
    Robbo starts but no Salah
  • Kellnerr
    2833 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just hope we don't need to sub on Salah today.
  • Pxul_
    8226 posts League Winner
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    I just hope we don't need to sub on Salah today.

Who needs Salah we have Origi on the bench
  • Ahmer50x
    19919 posts World Class
    Just had a look at his age and realized he was 29.

I thought he was like 26 :joy: